Grimmy back for a 2nd year tomorrow

13»

Comments

• Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was in because it is "Revision Week"

Yet another featured aired at the youngest part of the target audience by the way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    Andy23 wrote: »

Yet another featured aired at the youngest part of the target audience by the way.

All the DJs are doing things for revision week this week, it's not just Grimmy. Plus Fincham's photosynthesis song was annoyingly catchy, I don't think I'll ever forget how photosynthesis works now - no matter how much I try :D
  • qwerty21qwerty21 Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    Andy23 wrote: »

Which is on across radio 1 and Moyles used to do by the way.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    qwerty21 wrote: »
    Which is on across radio 1 and Moyles used to do by the way.
    The best part of which was that apart from the newsreaders I don't think the entire Moyles zoo had two o levels to rub together.

The same could be said for a large number of Radio 1 DJs (it may be different now as exams are so easy ;)). They always had to get across the message of how important exams were while being prime examples of just how far you could go (and how much you could earn) with minimal, if any, qualifications. :D

EDIT - As for Grimmy, after a few months away my daughter started complaining about my other Radio choices so I dipped in to Radio 1 just for the school run.

My first reaction was surprise at the fact that I didn't recognise any of the music, it wasn't just new songs from bands I knew it was entirely new bands I had never heard of. I can see now why I always seemed to know more modern music than my wife, for example, as I had a daily drip feed of new information. It didn't take long for me to be completely clueless.

Secondly I found that I could listen to the music, but as soon as he started talking to his team, or to callers, or to guests I just had to turn over again.

(PS - Daughter is 9, I'm the other side of 40)