Options

New song from Agnetha Fältskog (blond girl from ABBA)

2»

Comments

• Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there is no confirmation to suggest barlow co-wrote either of those songs. a quick search on that repertoire database does not list the second song. however, there is a similar song title listed called `one who loves you now` and that is also written by the same people who wrote `when you really loved someone`.
  • Options
    Zeus555Zeus555 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've now checked all 10 Tracks on 'A' - who wrote them.

Jörgen Elofsson produced it, & wrote, or co-wrote, all 10
    Tracks. Someone called Par Westerlund helped him to
    write 'The One Who Loves You Now' - the German Single.

He has written 5 of the Tracks on his own, including the
    'When You Really Loved Someone', Single.

Fredrik Thomander helped him write 'Perfume In The Breeze'.

Carol Bayer Sager co-wrote 'Past Forever', with him.

He co-wrote, (with Gary Barlow), 'I Should've Followed You
    Home' - which is an Agnetha & Gary Duet.

That is the only Track that Gary Barlow has a writing credit on.

'Dance Your Pain Away' uses the bassline from 'Voulez Vous'.

Agnetha & Jörgen Elofsson co-wrote the last Track on the
    Album - 'I Keep Them On The Floor Beside My Bed'.
  • Options
    amanda daisyamanda daisy Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    Zeus555 wrote: »
    I've now checked all 10 Tracks on 'A' - who wrote them.

Jörgen Elofsson produced it, & wrote, or co-wrote, all 10
    Tracks. Someone called Par Westerlund helped him to
    write 'The One Who Loves You Now' - the German Single.

He has written 5 of the Tracks on his own, including the
    'When You Really Loved Someone', Single.

Fredrik Thomander helped him write 'Perfume In The Breeze'.

Carol Bayer Sager co-wrote 'Past Forever', with him.

He co-wrote, (with Gary Barlow), 'I Should've Followed You
    Home' - which is an Agnetha & Gary Duet.

That is the only Track that Gary Barlow has a writing credit on.

'Dance Your Pain Away' uses the bassline from 'Voulez Vous'.

Agnetha & Jörgen Elofsson co-wrote the last Track on the
    Album - 'I Keep Them On The Floor Beside My Bed'.

thanks, it's good to know:) I'm interested in the duet, but I think I'll have to wait until May.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks, it's good to know:) I'm interested in the duet, but I think I'll have to wait until May.

erm, hang on. what about what you wrote earlier today?:o
    those lyrics are, without a doubt, by Gary Barlow
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gpk wrote: »
    erm, hang on. what about what you wrote earlier today?:o
    I stand by what I said, I'm not going to take it back. I did explain my statement when I made it, what exactly led me to believe that.The lyrics, although a bit simple, do sound very much like Gary's style - you can check his songs-, but I guess it was just one of those coincidences. Most of his songs are about losing someone you love and dealing with it, while the rest of the world tells you to keep moving on. That's why it made me believe that out of the 2 songs, that one was much more like Gary.
    This just shows that appearances are indeed deceiving. But even so, I still like the song, that hasn't changed.
    As you've seen, I was also the first one to point to the possibility that neither of the 2 songs had been written by Gary. I like to be fair and stick to the evidence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stand by what I said, I'm not going to take it back.

This just shows that appearances are indeed deceiving.

you did explain, but you also did not believe me when i posted this fact this afternoon.

the evidence was there to see though, in my post earlier today.:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    you did explain, but you also did not believe me when i posted this fact this afternoon.

the evidence was there to see though, in my post earlier today.:confused:

As I've said, I was merely pointing that out of the 2 songs, When You Really Loved Someone seemed more likely to be Gary's.At that point of the discussion, it seemed like one of the 2 songs had been written by him. I thought your post was trying to point that the other song had been written by GB. In one way or another, we were all wrong (well, you weren't), as none of the 2 songs is written by him.
    I'm sorry I gave you the impression I didn't believe you, that was not my point - if it were, I wouldn't be the first to admit I was wrong-, I was having a hard time to believe that the other song was Gary's style. If I didn't believe you, I wouldn't have kept looking myself for evidence and I wouldn't have come back to say that it's possible I had been mistaken.
    By the way, if, by any chance, tomorrow we find out that one song does belong to Gary Barlow, this will turn into a real comedy:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I've said, I was merely pointing that out of the 2 songs, When You Really Loved Someone seemed more likely to be Gary's.At that point of the discussion, it seemed like one of the 2 songs had been written by him. I thought your post was trying to point that the other song had been written by GB. In one way or another, we were all wrong (well, you weren't), as none of the 2 songs is written by him.
    I'm sorry I gave you the impression I didn't believe you, that was not my point - if it were, I wouldn't be the first to admit I was wrong-, I was having a hard time to believe that the other song was Gary's style. If I didn't believe you, I wouldn't have kept looking myself for evidence and I wouldn't have come back to say that it's possible I had been mistaken.
    By the way, if, by any chance, tomorrow we find out that one song does belong to Gary Barlow, this will turn into a real comedy:)

i must have completely missed you writing that here.:o like i said this afternoon, the information i posted was the legal title of the song from the publisher`s database. in the unlikely event of the database being wrong, then i agree, it would be amusing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i must have completely missed you writing that here.:o like i said this afternoon, the information i posted was the legal title of the song from the publisher`s database. in the unlikely event of the database being wrong, then i agree, it would be amusing.

Come on, you're just splitting hairs now! It's obvious I was implying I had been mistaken, the moment I said there was no evidence to suggest either of the songs had been written by Barlow.
    Besides, I'm the only one so far admitting to be wrong, although other people around here were equally mistaken. And it's not like we were debating existential problems, so that I have to formally apologize for stating an opinion, that I did bring arguments for.

I don't know about the legal database in your country, but, in my country, it's not completely unheard of that even official stuff be wrong or incomplete :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Come on, you're just splitting hairs now! It's obvious I was implying I had been mistaken, the moment I said there was no evidence to suggest either of the songs had been written by Barlow.
    Besides, I'm the only one so far admitting to be wrong, although other people around here were equally mistaken. And it's not like we were debating existential problems, so that I have to formally apologize for stating an opinion, that I did bring arguments for.

I don't know about the legal database in your country, but, in my country, it's not completely unheard of that even official stuff be wrong or incomplete :)

actually, from my point of view and based on what you wrote. it looked to me that you came back to ask the other poster if they were wrong by stating gary wrote the other track. nothing implied to me that you were coming back to the thread to suggest you was wrong previously.

the mistake i made was that i didn't recognise jörgen middle name and assumed there was another co-writer.:o so we were all wrong in a way, but you suggest i am splitting hairs?:o

i live in the uk, but i often check publishing databases when songs are announced. i have yet to find a mistake, but of course it is possible.
  • Options
    Zeus555Zeus555 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There will be no CD Singles from 'A' - only Downloads.

I hear that although Amazon.uk will be stocking her Album,
    it is not going to be selling any of the Singles from it. (As
    Downloads, I mean).

Ever since 1982, (Frida), & 1983, (Agnetha), the 2 ABBA
    women have found that UK interest in them, as Solo Acts, is
    nowhere near as much as it was in ABBA as a Group.

Neither ABBA lady has been in the Top 10 of the UK
    Singles Chart since ABBA split up. Frida has not even
    made the Top 40 with her Solo Hits. (No.43, (1982),
    & No.45, (1983).

Agnetha got to No.11, wth an old Cilla Black Hit, in
    2004, & her other Top 75 Solo Singles got to, 35, 44,
    63, (all 1983), & 34, (2004).

Her 3 UK Hit Albums reached, 18, (1983), 38, (1985),
    72, (1987), & 12, (2004).

Frida gave up after 2 English language Albums. The
    first one was a sizeable GLobal Hit, & sold around 1.5
    Million. It got to No.18, in the UK. (1982). But, her 2nd one,
    only got to No.67 in the UK, (1984), & it did not reach the
    Top 5 anywhere - just Top 10 in a handful of Countries.

Now, Agnetha is finding that the situation is still the
    same - not as much interest in her alone, as there is
    in ABBA. (Which is why 'Gold' jumped from No.129
    to No.82, in the UK Album Charts on Sunday. It is
    on over 650 Top 100 Weeks, & well over 5 Million
    UK Sales).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    actually, from my point of view and based on what you wrote. it looked to me that you came back to ask the other poster if they were wrong by stating gary wrote the other track. nothing implied to me that you were coming back to the thread to suggest you was wrong previously.

the mistake i made was that i didn't recognise jörgen middle name and assumed there was another co-writer.:o so we were all wrong in a way, but you suggest i am splitting hairs?:o

i live in the uk, but i often check publishing databases when songs are announced. i have yet to find a mistake, but of course it is possible.
    I'll quote myself, as weird as that is:"there's been no confirmation that either of the singles was written by him. there's only news about their duet." Therefore, I was implying that both me AND the other poster were wrong. where's the lack of truth in that?
    I didn't say anything about you being wrong, in fact I said you were the only one who wasn't, so, I guess you are splitting hairs now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll quote myself, as weird as that is:"there's been no confirmation that either of the singles was written by him. there's only news about their duet." Therefore, I was implying that both me AND the other poster were wrong. where's the lack of truth in that?
    I didn't say anything about you being wrong, in fact I said you were the only one who wasn't, so, I guess you are splitting hairs now.

i have to admit, at first i had to check that you was the same poster as before, because couldn't believe the cheek in you asking the other poster to clarify what they had posted.:eek: you did indirectly quash your previous certainty about him writing the track in the opening post, but it was indirectly, whereas you was quite direct in asking for clarification. that is just my prospective and that was why i brought up what you wrote previously in the thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zeus555 wrote: »
    There will be no CD Singles from 'A' - only Downloads.

I hear that although Amazon.uk will be stocking her Album,
    it is not going to be selling any of the Singles from it. (As
    Downloads, I mean).

Ever since 1982, (Frida), & 1983, (Agnetha), the 2 ABBA
    women have found that UK interest in them, as Solo Acts, is
    nowhere near as much as it was in ABBA as a Group.

Neither ABBA lady has been in the Top 10 of the UK
    Singles Chart since ABBA split up. Frida has not even
    made the Top 40 with her Solo Hits. (No.43, (1982),
    & No.45, (1983).

Agnetha got to No.11, wth an old Cilla Black Hit, in
    2004, & her other Top 75 Solo Singles got to, 35, 44,
    63, (all 1983), & 34, (2004).

Her 3 UK Hit Albums reached, 18, (1983), 38, (1985),
    72, (1987), & 12, (2004).

Frida gave up after 2 English language Albums. The
    first one was a sizeable GLobal Hit, & sold around 1.5
    Million. It got to No.18, in the UK. (1982). But, her 2nd one,
    only got to No.67 in the UK, (1984), & it did not reach the
    Top 5 anywhere - just Top 10 in a handful of Countries.

Now, Agnetha is finding that the situation is still the
    same - not as much interest in her alone, as there is
    in ABBA.
    (Which is why 'Gold' jumped from No.129
    to No.82, in the UK Album Charts on Sunday. It is
    on over 650 Top 100 Weeks, & well over 5 Million
    UK Sales).

that is why i suspect the duet between her and barlow will be interesting. they are in a similar position with their respective groups gaining far more interest than their respective solo careers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i have to admit, at first i had to check that you was the same poster as before, because couldn't believe the cheek in you asking the other poster to clarify what they had posted.:eek: you did indirectly quash your previous certainty about him writing the track in the opening post, but it was indirectly, whereas you was quite direct in asking for clarification. that is just my prospective and that was why i brought up what you wrote previously in the thread.
    why wouldn't I have the right to ask on what the other poster was basing his/her statements, if there was no evidence to support EITHER of our statements? As proven by now, he/she was as much in error as I was, therefore my question was justified. That person had repeated a couple of times that the other song had been written by Gary Barlow - do you think that was right? I do appreciate that he/she was fairplay and verified the information and then posted what he/she had found out on the subject. I didn't know that on a forum we weren't allowed to ask questions or clarifications and if we did, we are labelled as "having the cheek" to do that.
    You obviously are trying to start an argument, because there have been already several posts in which I openly admitted I was wrong, so I don't exactly know what more do you expect. You do realize you're making a big deal over nothing, don't you? Just so you know, I didn't stop to think for half an hour on what I was posting, so that I could premeditate to indirectly admit to my mistake, while directly pointing to the other person's mistake as well. It was just a simple post, with no ulterior motive and possibly not very well worded (which, I think, is not so outrageous, seeing that English isn't my mother tongue).
    This is going to be my last post. I consider I've been fair enough and polite in the whole situation and I don't think I've offended anyone by asking for clarifications on an absolutely objective matter. It's your choice to believe whatever you want, but it wouldn't hurt to be a little more "friendly" to people who've been open to dialogue. I don't know how many others, in my place, would have given so many "explanations" for stating an opinion on a forum.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You obviously are trying to start an argument, because there have been already several posts in which I openly admitted I was wrong, so I don't exactly know what more do you expect. You do realize you're making a big deal over nothing, don't you?

It's your choice to believe whatever you want, but it wouldn't hurt to be a little more "friendly" to people who've been open to dialogue. I don't know how many others, in my place, would have given so many "explanations" for stating an opinion on a forum.

no, i am not trying to start an argument actually and while i may have made a big deal over nothing really. beginning posts by insisting `without a doubt` you`re correct and stating `i stand by what said` even after all evidence would suggest otherwise will get people`s backs up from the outset and it certainly did with me.

i just found that a bit rude personally and it is my right like you say to believe that. if you`re going to initiate personal feedback by accusing people of `splitting hairs`, `starting an argument` and `making a big deal over over nothing`. then i don't see why you cant take on board my feedback to you and i didn't find many of responses particularly `friendly` either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    lil lexie wrote: »
    Those tracks are a bit too 'easy listening' for my liking, I much preferred The One Who Loves You Now to overly airbrushed When You Really Loved Someone.

Still, a new Agnetha album is nothing to complain about.

Which reminds me, what's Frida up to these days, can we expect anything from her?

I doubt it. She's made a few guest appearances in recent years - with Dan Daniell, Jon Lord, and most recently with Georg Wadenius on "Morning Has Broken". Her last album from 1995 "Djupa Andetag" (Deep Breaths) was considered by many - me included - a masterpiece.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    The single is absolutely beautiful and I play it over and over. Not usually fond of ballads but this song gives me rushes!
  • Options
    tonywilsontonywilson Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    Frida did start to record demos for a follow up to Djupa Andetag. It was going to be an English language album and one of the tracks she was working on was a cover of Wonderwall.

Sadly Frida's daughter was killed in a car crash at the time and the album was shelved. I'd love to hear the demos though.