Channel 4 - Skint

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Massive wide-screen TV and complains about not having enough money to feed the kids!

Don't they have a branch of CashConverters in Scunthorpe?
  • MobolocoMoboloco Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ToffeeGuy wrote: »
    Massive wide-screen TV and complains about not having enough money to feed the kids!

Don't they have a branch of CashConverters in Scunthorpe?

There's a big one just five minutes from where they are :p
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    How did she get that flat?

She may have been on the housing waiting list a while & would obviously be Band A or B because of her age/social service vulnerable list.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I could never be like them. It the fact that many people struggle through life working themselves silly and this lot just expect to get everything for free :mad:

I'm watching made In Chelsea now :D

Hmm... sneering at the poor and fawning over the rich all in one night! ;)
  • MobolocoMoboloco Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do they afford top of the range phone ffs!!!!

I hear a lot of people in that area use the Brighthouse shop in the town centre, you can get practically anything there for cheap weekly repayments... just enormous interest.
    David_Hill wrote: »
    I live in Scunthorpe myself and would like to say that not everyone from Scunthorpe is like this. Westcliffe is a very notorious area and is most likely why the biased programme makers decided to focus on that area.

I agree, there are perhaps one or two other parts of Scunthorpe that are equally as bad or worse (as you'll know) but not as big & I can't see them being so open & friendly to TV crews.
  • Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    Why are most of the male's faces blurred out when they don't even have a tarmacking job?

And how do some of those boys father a kid when many of them don't have a pubic hair between them?
  • Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    So she thinks that people donating money to charity shouldn't pay for her kids to eat,, it should be taxpayers. She really hasn't got a clue that other people are still paying for her kids to eat, while she sits and watches a big TV with an Xbox and games and finds the money to use her mobile phone

Yes it charity or the Government but they never seem to work it out that it should be THEN that is paying for their kids. That option never enters their heads.
  • nomad2kingnomad2king Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    Andagha wrote: »
    Hold on wasn't this Hayley that went to the food bank to get some food because they didn't have any. Now she's getting married etc... Bit confused now.
    Wasn't their problem with tax credits being stopped because of a change in circumstances as the guy(Graham) had moved in? That meant that the claim had to be reassessed. They said that the benefits had started again when they were looking at rings. They probably got the same amount of money and the arrears as well.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    So depressing. People complain about immigrants yet I bet these home grown wasters cost the taxpayer far more to accommodate.
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    I can't feed me kids..................there is a big telly, a mobile phone...........Stop having kids and expecting other people to pay for them then

Sell your telly to get money for ya kids:mad:

Couldn't he have got a job as a tattoo artist??? He had the equipment ??? instead of spending all day giving each other tats :rolleyes:
  • heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    So depressing. People complain about immigrants yet I bet these home grown wasters cost the taxpayer far more to accommodate.

I'll tell you what's depressing...a large flat screen TV, a big saggy fake leatherette sofa with a large dog standing on it....

AND NOTHING ELSE!!!

Not a single book to be seen anywhere :eek:
  • feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heiker wrote: »
    I'll tell you what's depressing...a large flat screen TV, a big saggy fake leatherette sofa with a large dog standing on it....

AND NOTHING ELSE!!!

Not a single book to be seen anywhere :eek:

"And so, God came forth and proclaimed widescreen is the best"

Sony 16:9
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I tried to watch the first episode on 4od yesterday and it wasnt there. Is there a reason they dont show this online?

Edit just seen its on there now, lets hope its worth the wait!
  • heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    feckit wrote: »
    "And so, God came forth and proclaimed widescreen is the best"

Sony 16:9

Repent for widescreen be the work of the devil

Samsung 4:3
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are they all smack heads?
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to admit to having mixed feelings about this documentary series. There should be meaningful work available.....but there isn't. It's easy to see why many simply give up hope altogether and resign themselves to 'life on the social'.

However I do think it time that child benefit payments is limited to a maximum of two children. Any after that and you fund them yourselves. Yes I know it's far from popular and will have some screaming it's divisive and favouring the better off and I am uneasy with that aspect, but something has to change. It seems almost a standard requirement for all those living on the social to have as many children as possible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    what needs to change is for every one to be expected to take more responsibility - so TAX the rich, for a start, would be good. And for big business to pay their TAXES would be good instead of sneaking off to eg Luxembourg.

I get annoyed with people who scrounge and do nothing for themselves - but tbh these are just the other extreme from the people at the top who set everything up to profit themselves and don't give a hoot for other people.
  • BZRBZR Posts: 2,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Felt so sorry for the dog, cowering when people were shouting :( I can imagine these people to be the kind of tramps that barely walk it then beat it if it messed in the house :'(
    Forum Member
    Tt88 wrote: »
    I tried to watch the first episode on 4od yesterday and it wasnt there. Is there a reason they dont show this online?

Edit just seen its on there now, lets hope its worth the wait!
    It gets several repeats on 4seven.
    Forum Member
    How would taking more in taxes from people who actually do something, help these people.:rolleyes: You would just be giving people more money to spend on booze, ****, drugs, and large TVs. Their attitude and approach to things would get worse, not better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't even know why this programme was made. Or who's interested in the moans of these drug-addled, work-shy tw^ts.

Don't say it's to show people what kind of life others less fortunate than them have to live.

Nearly all of these people have created the misery, they live in. And yet people who work, and don't live a life fuelled by drugs and other addictive substances, have to pay for them.

It would seem that Channel 4 make. or commission shows, about any old rubbish, these days. It should rename itself Chav-nel 4
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    Yikes they are showing someone taking crack...bloody hell.

36yrs old and she looks like an old woman.

That crackhead was 36 years old - I almost fell off my chair when she said her age! She looks mid 50's possibly 60's!
    Just goes to show how that evil shit destroys people.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    I have to admit to having mixed feelings about this documentary series. There should be meaningful work available.....but there isn't. It's easy to see why many simply give up hope altogether and resign themselves to 'life on the social'.

However I do think it time that child benefit payments is limited to a maximum of two children. Any after that and you fund them yourselves. Yes I know it's far from popular and will have some screaming it's divisive and favouring the better off and I am uneasy with that aspect, but something has to change. It seems almost a standard requirement for all those living on the social to have as many children as possible.

These people are so woefully uneducated though that they have all but rendered themselves unemployable. And it's a viscous circle We have some children at my son's school who have parents like these lot, they are already falling behind at school because their parents cannot/ will not help them with their reading and homework. And if they don't catch up I can see them playing truant once they reach secondary school and ending up just like their parents, and the whole cycle starts again.
  • MarleyBMarleyB Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    watched like one ep for laughs, it is like shameless you had the girl who pimped herself out for drugs like that kelly chick and the big skank family popping out more and more kids for money just like the gallaghers
  • mikwmikw Posts: 48,715
    Forum Member
    I feel sorry for the genuinely sick and disabled - they are hounded by the DWP and ATOS - and demonised by programmes like this.
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More channel 4 freak show TV. Why anyone finds this stuff entertaining is beyond me. Its just depressing to me.