The Ratings Thread (Part 55)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Soaps seem low. Anybody want to change their Christmas predictions? :D

Christmas Shopping and party season in full swing... Not really sure it means anything other than it's good people have lives outside of watching TV all the time ;-)
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totem_Bern wrote: »
    Christmas Shopping and party season in full swing... Not really sure it means anything other than it's good people have lives outside of watching TV all the time ;-)

Surely not! :D
  • Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,762
    Forum Member
    Did the Keane/Vieira rating get reported?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Georged123 wrote: »
    Did the Keane/Vieira rating get reported?

Around 400k I believe.
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    Low ratings all round. Must have been all those BBQ's
  • sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pointless in 7th too!

13 days before Xmas!
    And it's a repeat :D
    garyessex wrote: »
    Low ratings all round. Must have been all those BBQ's
    Got to get your chestnuts roasted somehow :D
  • Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shouldn't be congratulating it on doing as well as The Town, because by the end of it The Town was a disaster, it went under two million, didn't it?

I won't be getting the party hats out! :p But 4.1m over 90mins wasn't bad IMO, not brilliant either though.

If it falls as bad as the Town did I shall return next week to say how terrible part two has done!
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Programme changes Sunday December 15:

BBC1

0600-1100 Funeral of Nelson Mandela, live coverage introduced by David Dimbleby

Advertised programmes move to BBC2

For those interested eNCA (Sky 517) will start coverage at 0400 UK time
  • RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Programme changes Sunday December 15:

BBC1

0600-1100 Funeral of Nelson Mandela, live coverage introduced by David Dimbleby

Advertised programmes move to BBC2

For those interested eNCA (Sky 517) will start coverage at 0400 UK time

Why not put the funeral on BBC2?

Presumably it will be simulcast on the news channel, so if we want to keep up with anything else going on in the world on Sunday morning, we won't, and the BBC will again be devoting two television services exclusively to a former South African president?
  • Steve WilliamsSteve Williams Posts: 11,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    17 Keeping Britain Safe 24/7 BBC1 Inc HD 20:00 2514000
    18 You've Been Framed! ITV 20:30 2297000

ITV totally pissing away that Emmerdale lead-in, there, I know it's only You've Been Framed but given every other channel was halfway through a programme it should be maintaining an audience better than that, otherwise there's no point in having Emmerdale there and they may as well just put it on Sunday to keep that night stable 52 weeks of the year.

Given they're moving the BBC1 programmes to BBC2 - which given that involves two news programmes and a religious programme anyway - why does it matter? Don't see why anyone needs to justify covering a major news story at six o'clock on a Sunday morning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bob said they did 37 different variations of the format before they settled on the final one. In the 1984 Christmas Radio Times he talks about its success, saying it was very important they got it right to avoid "Oh dear, Auntie's playing bingo!" comments, so it needed to be "upbeat, healthy and not at all sleazy".

I remember watching One To Win every week because I'd watch any old rubbish in those days - I'd watched every episode of Fast Friends a few months earlier. I used to like Andrew O'Connor but it was a rubbish show, I remember the set was absolutely horrible, a garish blue and orange affair. That's the bit that stuck with me most.

One To Win was so dull still remember the theme and titles. It was just so boring that's what stuck with me. Lucky Numbers felt more like the Shane Richie show than a quiz, he didn't know how to take a back seat.

Interesting that they went through so many versions of Bob's Full House before settling in the final version. It paid off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Presumably it will be simulcast on the news channel, so if we want to keep up with anything else going on in the world on Sunday morning, we won't, and the BBC will again be devoting two television services exclusively to a former South African president?

Surely broadcasting the event on the nation's main TV channel (and most-watched) which reaches 99.9% of the population terrestrially is adequate ? But then PMQ's are broadcast simultaneously on three BBC channels, BBC2, News and Parliament, all using exactly the same feed.Surely the News channel should be offering other news on Sunday morning if BBC1 is carrying the funeral ?
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,672
    Forum Member
    1.53m for Mummy's Little Murderer on C5. The Special Edition Films production was third in its timeslot.
    Forum Member
    YouView wrote: »
    Monday, January 6, 2014
    20.00 The Gadget Show (New Episode)
    21.00 Celebrity Big Brother
    22.00 Celebrity Wedding Planner (New Episode)
    23.00 Celebrity Big Brother's Bit on the Side

Tuesday, January 7, 2014
    20.00 Gibraltar: Britain in the Sun (New Series)
    22.00 Autopsy: Michael Jackson's Last Hours (New Series)

Wednesday, January 8, 2014
    20.00 Bigger Big Body Squad (New Series)
    21.00 Celebrity Big Brother: Live Eviction
    22.30 Hens Behaving Badly (New Series)
    23.30 Celebrity Big Brother's Bit on the Side

Thursday, January 9, 2014
    20.00 World's Worst Holiday Horrors (New Series)
    It's probably the most comprehensively young skewing lineup of programmes they have had around CBB on weeknights so far. Interesting to see if it works.

Botched Up Bodies for instance was underperforming on Monday nights when we last saw it. But it's a good little format I think and may simply have struggled because 16-34s largely desert C5 when BB ends.
    Forum Member
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Wow a BB wasteland, doubt i'll watch C5 for the whole of January. Is Channel 5 ever going to show a new series of NCIS.
    It starts Jan/Feb every single year. No great mystery around NCIS, it follows a consistent pattern. FOX UK get first dibs on new episodes.
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Comedy Awards was down on last year with a pitiful 1.48m inc+1

I'm sure when this was on ITV it used to get over 4m, now on Ch4 it drops every year.

Celebrity Juice averaged 1.4m for the Xmas Special.
  • Jules 1Jules 1 Posts: 2,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm sure when this was on ITV it used to get over 4m, now on Ch4 it drops every year.

It simply doesn't get the profile it used to, How many people actually knew it was on last night.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Looks like Reflex has been pushed back a week, it's no longer in the schedules for the 4th but is in the programme information for the following week.

Also in the PI, Death in Paradise (Tuesday 14th), Hidden Kingdoms (most likely Wednesday), and The Great Sport Relief Bake Off on BBC Two (good move keeping it there imo, since it won't be hosted by Mel and Sue, who are important part of why the show works.)
  • yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    xeo wrote: »
    The tape-checked figures are a bit better:

EE 6.89m (33.1%)
    ED 6.53m (33.1%) / 6.07m (27.5%)
    Decent result for the Masterchef final.

Soaps look uninspiring.
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Soaps seem low. Anybody want to change their Christmas predictions? :D

EE actually is pretty much the same rating as its last 2 Friday outings - ED perhaps a little lower.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sums up the comedy it rewards on Channel 4. Little watched.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Break The Safe is returning next year for another series on BBC1.

Surprised by this, it didn't rate that well last time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The millionth music special on ITV tonight at 9pm will no doubt flop and piss away the good lead in. I really don't know why ITV keep doing these, they always rate poorly
    Forum Member
    The millionth music special on ITV tonight at 9pm will no doubt flop and piss away the good lead in. I really don't know why ITV keep doing these, they always rate poorly

Plus it's ABBA night on Five which will split the audience for that kind of programme (not evenly, obvs.)
  • Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Isn't it because the record company pay for the cost of these specials?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it because the record company pay for the cost of these specials?

If that is true it should be made clear during the programme.
This discussion has been closed.