Options

Dagenham 6 Brentford 6?!

Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Have you seen this?

Dagenham and Brentford are currently, unbelievably, locked at six goals all in extra time in their first round Capital One Cup match at the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham Stadium.

I'm not sure about this but I think that may well have tied the record for the highest scoring draw in the history of English professional football.

Something tells me that the attendance may well be going up for Dagenham's next home game.

It finishes 6-6 after extra time and goes to penalties - will the shoot-out feature as many goals as the game itself?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry Jason,

People on DS only care about Man United, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry Jason,

People on DS only care about Man United, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Oh, that's a shame; there were 92 clubs in the English professional league system when I last checked.

(Brentford won 4-2 on penalties, for what it's worth)
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry Jason,

Do they?

Nice of you to speak for everyone on here.

As it happens, I'm slightly disappointed (if not at all surprised) to see Bristol City and Yeovil Town exit at the first hurdle.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that is a quality scoreline!

The fans at the match really got their moneys worth!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that is a quality scoreline!

The fans at the match really got their moneys worth!

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason C wrote: »

Despite appearances, he's really not.
  • Options
    detroitcitydetroitcity Posts: 4,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't there also a 6-6 in this cup about 20 years ago? Oldham - Bradford maybe.

I think it may have been televised.
  • Options
    Sabre92Sabre92 Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't there also a 6-6 in this cup about 20 years ago? Oldham - Bradford maybe.

Not sure but Motherwell and Hibs drew 6-6 in the SPL a few years back which was shown on Sky Sports.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was talking as a general rule and it annoys me. Other than this thread, it's all about what Van Gaal had for dinner last night

I attended Charlton 4-0 Colchester tonight but heard about the 6-6 on Talksport. Feel sorry for the daggers though. How many times do you score 6 and not win?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm getting Frankie Bunn.

Could be wrong, though. Different game?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was talking as a general rule and it annoys me. Other than this thread, it's all about what Van Gaal had for dinner last night

I attended Charlton 4-0 Colchester tonight but heard about the 6-6 on Talksport. Feel sorry for the daggers though. How many times do you score 6 and not win?!

I think that you're confusing this site with others.

Most of that chat seems to be confined to the supporters' threads of the teams that you mentioned.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sabre92 wrote: »
    Not sure but Motherwell and Hibs drew 6-6 in the SPL a few years back which was shown on Sky Sports.

I remember that. Motherwell also lost 6-5 at home to Aberdeen in a game where Andy Goram and Jim Leighton were the goalkeepers.

The 6-6 I remember was maybe around 20+ years ago.
  • Options
    Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    I'm getting Frankie Bunn.

Could be wrong, though. Different game?

Frankie Bunn who scored 6 goals but i think that ended 6-0.

I remember Tranmere drawing 6-6 against Newcastle, later that season Newcastle sacked their manager & appointed Kevin Keegan first time around.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes I remember that match!

Didn't Chris' brother John Sutton score in that match??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I remember that match!

Didn't Chris' brother John Sutton score in that match??

I think he did along with Mark Hateley's son.

I think the equaliser in injury time was a brilliant goal, cant remember who scored it though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason C wrote: »

Why would I be being sarcastic??

It is not often as a fan you get to see a 6-6 draw, and then a penalty shootout, so for the entry price that they paid, both sets of fans would say I think that they really did get value for their money tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he did along with Mark Hateley's son.

I think the equaliser in injury time was a brilliant goal, cant remember who scored it though.

Ahh him as well!

What a match that was!

I just remember being glued to it, as it was action packed throughout!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Here you go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQvQEFczWis
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember Tranmere drawing 6-6 against Newcastle

Yep; that was in the now-defunct Zenith Data Systems Cup.

According to the description of that video, there have been five 6-6 draws in British football - and as that was posted three years ago, it'll be up to seven now.
    Why would I be being sarcastic??

It just read that way to me.

It's not always easy to tell how comments are meant when they're just words on a screen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ah, fair enough. Must have been the Oldham connection that made me think of him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems the game I am thinking of wasn't in the League cup. Either I imagined it or I have the score wrong. :)

Not so far back there was the 7-5 with Arsenal and Reading.
  • Options
    familyguy8904familyguy8904 Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah Bunn scored 6 goals for Oldham which finishes 7-0, I could be wrong but I think that still record for more goal for player in single League Cup match.
  • Options
    Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Playing without a defence - what some DS users' dreams are made of :p (judging by some of the posts during the World Cup)
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a crazy scoreline. Any other time, scoring six would be an absolute battering. just didn't quite help that the other team scored six as well :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How would you feel seeing your team score 6 but only end up drawing the match.

2002 Burnley were involved in a game at Grimsby that finished 6-5, that Motherwell v Hibs game Hibs were leading 6-2 with 25 minutes left with Motherwell fans leaving the stadium.