Options

Ramadhan al mubarak

No-NoNo-No Posts: 426
Forum Member
Now that Ramadhan is coming closer (15 days (ish)). How are all the Muslim members of this forum going to prepare for it. I usually start eating less and less untill the day before of Ramadhan so my stomach gets used to me not eating as much. ;)

When are your mosques predicting Ramadhan to be on? Lets hope it's not like last years disaster were everyone was fasting on different days.

Ramadhan al mubarak everyone. :D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think it starts on 22nd?
    I usually eat more and more as it gets closer..no logic, just anticipation..:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmm???

i feel inclined to say a joke about this but i will restrain myself :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hmm???

i feel inclined to say a joke about this but i will restrain myself :D

Go on simmons, I won't be offended, promise. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    нöℓєs wrote: »
    i think it starts on 22nd?
    I usually eat more and more as it gets closer..no logic, just anticipation..:o

Loool. Strange person. If I do this, then before Dawn, I don't feel hungry. Then once I have started fasting at dinner time, I fell hungry.. lool. I always stuff myself at sargi. :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No-No wrote: »
    Now that Ramadhan is coming closer (15 days (ish)). How are all the Muslim members of this forum going to prepare for it. I usually start eating less and less untill the day before of Ramadhan so my stomach gets used to me not eating as much. ;)

When are your mosques predicting Ramadhan to be on? Lets hope it's not like last years disaster were everyone was fasting on different days.

Ramadhan al mubarak everyone. :D

haha, i remember the autumn of 08

:rolleyes: good times
  • Options
    Forum Member
    haha, i remember the autumn of 08

:rolleyes: good times

Stop trying to fit in simmons. :D:D:D Only joking.. :cool::rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loool. Strange person. If I do this, then before Dawn, I don't feel hungry. Then once I have started fasting at dinner time, I fell hungry.. lool. I always stuff myself at sargi. :D:D

lol, i'm always hungry:o...believe it or not, i'm not obese or overweight...(cue for simms to confirm that and an oppoturnity for him to fit in)

its going to be so difficult because its summer. My brothers are flying in and we're probably going to end up playing cricket or something:eek: I'll be dead by the end of the day:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol, i'm always hungry:o...believe it or not, i'm not obese or overweight...(cue for simms to confirm that and an oppoturnity for him to fit in)

its going to be so difficult because its summer. My brothers are flying in and we're probably going to end up playing cricket or something:eek: I'll be dead by the end of the day:p

i can confirm that holes is neither obese nor overwieght;), shes perfect;)

i would feel faint by the end of the day if i dont eat

actually i feel faint in the mornings, because i have low blood pressure:mad:

good luck;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i can confirm that нöℓєs is neither obese nor overwieght;), shes perfect;)

i would feel faint by the end of the day if i dont eat

actually i feel faint in the mornings, because i have low blood pressure:mad:

good luck;)

:D:D thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D thanks

no probs ;):D:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like me and No-No are the only people fasting on Chatter lol...how does it feel to be special?
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks like me and No-No are the only people fasting on Chatter lol...how does it feel to be special?
    I'm not muslim so I don't need to fast, but I understand that Ramadhan is very significant in the muslim calendar. It clearly needs discipline and I wish you well.

http://www.123greetings.com/events/ramadan/wishes/wishes27.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, thats very kind of you:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ignazio wrote: »
    I'm not muslim so I don't need to fast, but I understand that Ramadhan is very significant in the muslim calendar. It clearly needs discipline and I wish you well.

http://www.123greetings.com/events/ramadan/wishes/wishes27.html

Spank you very much. :D:D:D

My logical thing went down the drain. Just had fried egg and toast. :o. Promised to my self I was only going to have cereal. Loool.
  • Options
    mummypiggetmummypigget Posts: 12,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I rarely eat on most days so can I join in too?? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

Quite special. :D Lool.

I was in Tesco yesterday and they have one of those Advent calenders, but for Ramadhan. And a whole isle dedicated to savings and a banner stretching across that isle saying "Ramadhan Mubarak". Good offers on Rubicon Mango. :D. Now all thats left, is to give the woman across the road, our order for frozen samosas and kebabs (she makes em at home and you just take them home freeze them, and fry them whenever you want). My mum cba making them lool.
  • Options
    hassanhassan Posts: 3,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just woke up and I'm hungry :o

The first two days are going to be the worst. But I think we will get used to it after a few days like always. I think this is the longest I've ever had to keep a fast though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I rarely eat on most days so can I join in too?? :D

Come on in. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hassan wrote: »
    I just woke up and I'm hungry :o

The first two days are going to be the worst. But I think we will get used to it after a few days like always. I think this is the longest I've ever had to keep a fast though.

Yeah. The days are going to be really long everyone's saying. Plus with school thrown in with the mix. :eek::eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you find it difficult not to eat during the daytime? What are you allowed to drink?

Sorry for my ignorance :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do you find it difficult not to eat during the daytime? What are you allowed to drink?

Sorry for my ignorance :o

Well. At around 3 or 4 n the morning (before dawn) you wake up, eat whatever you can, make an intention not eat, pray the early morning prayer, then go to sleep, or some go to work, or some read the Quran. The after you have made the intention you can't eat or drink anything (including cigs, not even allowed to have sex) until sunset, which then you break the fast and do all of the above and more. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well. At around 3 or 4 n the morning (before dawn) you wake up, eat whatever you can, make an intention not eat, pray the early morning prayer, then go to sleep, or some go to work, or some read the Quran. The after you have made the intention you can't eat or drink anything (including cigs, not even allowed to have sex) until sunset, which then you break the fast and do all of the above and more. :D

Wow, that is awesome. Do you personally take the time off work? I can imagine it must be difficult to eat and sleep within only a few hours?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wow, that is awesome. Do you personally take the time off work? I can imagine it must be difficult to eat and sleep within only a few hours?

No. you still go work, you don't stay awake all night. You wake up before dawn, in time to close the fast before it, then just eat whatever you can then sleep.

Or maybe I miss-understood your question. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, that makes sense...I am just not very bright!! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lool. You don't have to sleep. Because some people goto work at five or something that's why I mentioned work, but once you have closed the fast, you can do whatever, apart from things that will break the fast. :D