Options

Got called a fat bitch by a neighbour this morning, very upset and angry

Green LadyGreen Lady Posts: 96
Forum Member
I wouldnt usually get upset by name calling but this nasty little cow really went for the jugular. I know I have a weight problem and I dont need to be reminded of it by someone whos probably only a size 8! :mad: Besides making comments over my weight she also decided to brand me lazy and told me to get off my fat arse and get a job. All of this because she wanted me to move my car so she could get out for work and I told her I was busy and needed to get dressed so shed have to wait a moment.

Im still really angry inside I could burst!

Comments

• Options
    DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you should have taken your time to calm down before moving your car.... if it were me, that would have taken all morning, possibly all day. That would have taught the cheeky cow to not call people names, especially when it was you doing her the favour ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe this will help:

When I was at school, an ex-friend (who was quite skinny) decided to start bullying me by calling me 'fat bitch' etc (I wasn't fat, I just constantly worried I was - and she exploited this) and got all her friends to do the same.

That was about 6 years ago.

Someone showed me some photos of her a few months ago - she's now a size 22 and constantly moans about her weight.

Karma comes around.
  • Options
    CabbagesAhoy!CabbagesAhoy! Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For future use the following phrase is useful -

'I can lose weight - you'll be pig ugly till the day you die'
  • Options
    nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But then again, why would she have needed you to move your car in the first place?

Were you parked over her driveway?
  • Options
    i_am_a_gremlini_am_a_gremlin Posts: 3,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When someone resorts to personal insults, then they have lost the argument...

Dont you let that cow get to you...just wait till darkness falls and "accidently" on purpose ;) slash her tyres...

mwuahahahaha
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why were you blocking her access? :eek: :(

Perhaps if there wasn't quite enough room, after having brought something heavy inside, you could have reparked your car a bit further away without blocking her access, and walked back - both helpful, and added exercise for you. Two positives, and no yelling at you.

Does that allow the lady to yell at you? It depends how often you've blocked her access in the past and she has explained this to you but you have been too lazy to move your car?

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    sbuggsbugg Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you might have got off lightly, anyone that blocked me in and made me wait and late for something because they were busy would have been called more than that.
  • Options
    CruachanCruachan Posts: 7,211
    Forum Member
    Green Lady wrote: »
    I wouldnt usually get upset by name calling but this nasty little cow really went for the jugular.

I'm sorry you were verbally abused - but don't sink to her level.

Knowing more about the circumstances of the "blocking in" would help put this into the correct context.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    sbugg wrote: »
    I think you might have got off lightly, anyone that blocked me in and made me wait and late for something because they were busy would have been called more than that.

I agree i hate irresponsible drivers who can't park sensibly, shame on you.
  • Options
    GemofaBirdGemofaBird Posts: 1,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You stopped her getting her car out, probably making her late for work, she lost her temper with you, to be honest I'd be angry too if I was her
  • Options
    vrooomvrooom Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe you should lose some weight and get a job? You might feel better for it and at least it will give you a boost of self-confidence.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With so little information maybe the "nasty little cow" of a neighbour had a point. Who knows.

Maybe she is so angry inside her car being late on the way to work that she could burst? Maybe she'll start a thread when she is home again? I'll decide then where my sympathies lie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vrooom wrote: »
    Maybe you should lose some weight and get a job? You might feel better for it and at least it will give you a boost of self-confidence.

On a half day today? No parking issues when you got home I hope :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hey_jude wrote: »
    You stopped her getting her car out, probably making her late for work, she lost her temper with you, to be honest I'd be angry too if I was her

course anyone would be angry, if it were me id understand why she was angry too and be rather apologetic. But when the words fat, lazy, bitch etc was spat in my direction, I'd remember something about washing my hair, painting my fingernails or some other priority than moving my car.
  • Options
    GaseousClayGaseousClay Posts: 4,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When someone resorts to personal insults, then they have lost the argument...

Dont you let that cow get to you...

yes, quite.
  • Options
    TetrameshTetramesh Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldnt usually get upset by name calling but this nasty little cow really went for the jugular. I know I have a weight problem and I dont need to be reminded of it by someone whos probably only a size 8! :mad: Besides making comments over my weight she also decided to brand me lazy and told me to get off my fat arse and get a job. All of this because she wanted me to move my car so she could get out for work and I told her I was busy and needed to get dressed so shed have to wait a moment.

Were you blocking her car and was it the first time?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    You were in your nightclothes but you told her you were 'busy' and that you also had to get dressed, all while you've blocked her car in so she can't get to work?

There's no excuse for name calling but I expect I'd have taken a pretty dim view of it too. And you've come on here as the victim!!:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finn15 wrote: »
    You were in your nightclothes but you told her you were 'busy' and that you also had to get dressed, all while you've blocked her car in so she can't get to work?

There's no excuse for name calling but I expect I'd have taken a pretty dim view of it too. And you've come on here as the victim!!:eek:

so she was supposed to move the car in her birthday suit?
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My response would be :

" Well, at least being a w***er hasn't made YOU go blind "
  • Options
    Forum Member
    so she was supposed to move the car in her birthday suit?

Where did it say she was naked?

Sorry but the right reaction should have been "Oh I'm really sorry I didn't realise I'd blocked you in, give me two seconds to pull my jeans on and I'll move the car." Not "I'm busy and I'm not dressed yet so you'll have to wait a while" which is the impression I'm getting as to what really happened.

Even better, don't block someone in in the first place.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's the impression conveyed to me too. I'll wait til the neighbour gets home and hear both sides.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finn15 wrote: »
    Where did it say she was naked?

Sorry but the right reaction should have been "Oh I'm really sorry I didn't realise I'd blocked you in, give me two seconds to pull my jeans on and I'll move the car." Not "I'm busy and I'm not dressed yet so you'll have to wait a while" which is the impression I'm getting as to what really happened.

Even better, don't block someone in in the first place.
    we could be here all day with the "where did it / didnt say..." game so i wont bother. end of the day the Op hasnt given much detail and not come back so i think they were etting off steam. Sure she shouldnt have blocked the woman in but nor should she put up with names.
  • Options
    timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somebody called you a name, big bloody deal!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    we could be here all day with the "where did it / didnt say..." game so i wont bother. end of the day the Op hasnt given much detail and not come back so i think they were etting off steam. Sure she shouldnt have blocked the woman in but nor should she put up with names.

I already said in my previous post that is no excuse for name calling. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP hasn't come back yet but I do wonder why she needed to move the car.
This discussion has been closed.