Options

you all may criticise Linda but........

imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
Forum Member
I think the way she handled Emma and especially the way she didn't play ball with bb's attempt to humiliate her by speaking to Jim ,was a timely and deserved slap in the face for bb.

BB seem to get a lot of pleasure from humiliating and toying with people and their feelings. By the way I'm not or wasn't necessarily a Linda supporter.

Comments

• Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way she handled Emma :confused: What, by being rude talking over her all of the time ?
  • Options
    XXRunXXXXRunXX Posts: 2,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    imrightok wrote: »
    I think the way she handled Emma and especially the way she didn't play ball with bb's attempt to humiliate her by speaking to Jim ,was a timely and deserved slap in the face for bb.

BB seem to get a lot of pleasure from humiliating and toying with people and their feelings. By the way I'm not or wasn't necessarily a Linda supporter.

I'm not keen on Linda but I have to agree I thought she did the right thing, in not playing ball with the Doc Jim thing it has become unnecessary cruel over the years far too much manipulation and manufacturing of rows but I thought she was very rude and over bearing to Emma!
  • Options
    RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    How did she handle Emma?

Her entire defence was given to her by Luisa and like Sega Gamer said all she did was speak over Emma
  • Options
    chickseechicksee Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did she handle Emma?

Her entire defence was given to her by Luisa and like Sega Gamer said all she did was speak over Emma

Yes, all she did was repeat what Louisa had told her to say, sad woman.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    The way she handled Emma :confused:What, by being rude talking over her all of the time ?

Well if that's what it was, then yes.
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emma was very nice to her given the way she has behaved, she was lucky not to get Davina, she might have got the Makosi treatment but as it was she got off lightly despite her rudeness to Emma.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The way she handled Emma :confused: What, by being rude talking over her all of the time ?
    She didn't talk over her all the time at all. She just refused to go along with the 'the only topic is Jim' agenda.
    Emma was very nice to her given the way she has behaved, she was lucky not to get Davina, she might have got the Makosi treatment but as it was she got off lightly despite her rudeness to Emma.

Yeah, Davina was an utter disgrace that night. They should have booted her out then instead of leaving her to shriek at us for another four years.
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did she handle Emma?

Exactly. How embarrassing for her to watch her 'defence' being played on tonight's show spoken by Luisa.

All she had in her own arsenal was her overwhelming and OTT hatred of Jim and she must have been panicking to have had to have grasped Luisa's advice and uttered it verbatim.
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She didn't talk over her all the time at all. She just refused to go along with the 'the only topic is Jim' agenda.

Well she seemed more than happy to go on about Jim on BBBOTS, that is pretty much all she wanted to talk about last night.
  • Options
    TominxsterTominxster Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm in no way means a Linda supporter nor am I keen on Jim. They have both behaved badly in my view and I don't go along with this saint Jim business at all.

I didn't think Linda was rude in her interview at all. I think she just stood up for herself.
  • Options
    SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems some people want their cake and eat it..if you find the show so bad that you dislike the humiliation of housemates then why are you watching the show,its been going on from BB1 through to CBB13.

Maybe you think its gotten worse,well heres a few things to think about..why did the show just not evict Nick when he was cheating,they surely knew he was cheating yet they dramatised a humiliating confrontation with nick and other housemates..why in BB2 did they have tasks that embaressed or made housemates look silly?
    Why did they show jade giving PJ a BJ ?
    Why in CBB did they bring jackie stallone in the show and be in a task that had jackies ex daughter in law run around after her like a servant?
    I can give examples for every series where hms are pushed to their limits and the reason is it makes great tv which is why your still watching the show 14 years on.

I think the OP also forgets BB decided themselves to show that clip,nobody here would have known any different had they not showed it so what your saying is Linda slapped BB in the face so hard they showed it?
    Or maybe they just thought this makes good tv and shows a fuller picture of lindas resentment towards a fellow housemate.

Im at a loss what the point of the thread is because BB has always been about toying with peoples feelings,any housemate who knows the show is well aware of this and lindas no exception as she is a fan of the show and knows all too well what to expect..as for a slap in the face,if thats the case why did they show the clip rather than just bury it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SG-1 wrote: »
    It seems some people want their cake and eat it..if you find the show so bad that you dislike the humiliation of housemates then why are you watching the show,its been going on from BB1 through to CBB13.

Maybe you think its gotten worse,well heres a few things to think about..why did the show just not evict Nick when he was cheating,they surely knew he was cheating yet they dramatised a humiliating confrontation with nick and other housemates..why in BB2 did they have tasks that embaressed or made housemates look silly?
    Why did they show jade giving PJ a BJ ?
    Why in CBB did they bring jackie stallone in the show and be in a task that had jackies ex daughter in law run around after her like a servant?
    I can give examples for every series where hms are pushed to their limits and the reason is it makes great tv which is why your still watching the show 14 years on.

I think the OP also forgets BB decided themselves to show that clip,nobody here would have known any different had they not showed it so what your saying is Linda slapped BB in the face so hard they showed it?
    Or maybe they just thought this makes good tv and shows a fuller picture of lindas resentment towards a fellow housemate.

Im at a loss what the point of the thread is because BB has always been about toying with peoples feelings,any housemate who knows the show is well aware of this and lindas no exception as she is a fan of the show and knows all too well what to expect..as for a slap in the face,if thats the case why did they show the clip rather than just bury it?

For someone who doesn't understand the point of this thread , you certainly have written the longest post.

Nobody asked nick to cheat and nobody asked jade to do what she done ; if they were humiliated they did it to themselves. Also how else would bb explain Linda not seeing Jim in his doctors role; of course they had to show what she said and I'm sure they also thought it made good telly, but it was still a slap in their face.
  • Options
    SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    imrightok wrote: »
    For someone who doesn't understand the point of this thread , you certainly have written the longest post.

Nobody asked nick to cheat and nobody asked jade to do what she done ; if they were humiliated they did it to themselves. Also how else would bb explain Linda not seeing Jim in his doctors role; of course they had to show what she said and I'm sure they also thought it made good telly, but it was still a slap in their face.
    I have a habit of writing detailed posts wether i see the point of them or not :D

It was a task,just like the whole jackie/brigitte situation was a task in CBB3 some 8 years or so back..the purpose then was to toy with emotions,test the limits of the celebs and push them into awkward situations and watch how they deal with it.. to create conflict that most watch the show for..its no different now than way back then.

Thats why I dont see your point,its nothing new..its happened from the very early days and its what gets people watching...the celebs know exactly what they are letting themselves in for..look at what they did to galloway,look at the tasks that ask to rate who is the most famous in order ( first seen in CBB4 i think )..its all about reactions and linda gave a strong reaction back but no different than john mcrrick for example.

They really didnt need to show linda in the DR..if they were as slapped in the face as you make out they could easily have just not shown the task and you would be none the wiser.

I just dont see why you think it was either timely as its been going on for over a decade or how you think it was a slap when most would likely think all it did was show linda in a bad light.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    chicksee wrote: »

I thought that was a bit cruel to show that TBH. But then I don't think she has had a very sympathetic edit from start to finish.
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    I have a habit of writing detailed posts wether i see the point of them or not :D

It was a task,just like the whole jackie/brigitte situation was a task in CBB3 some 8 years or so back..the purpose then was to toy with emotions,test the limits of the celebs and push them into awkward situations and watch how they deal with it.. to create conflict that most watch the show for..its no different now than way back then.

Thats why I dont see your point,its nothing new..its happened from the very early days and its what gets people watching...the celebs know exactly what they are letting themselves in for..look at what they did to galloway,look at the tasks that ask to rate who is the most famous in order ( first seen in CBB4 i think )..its all about reactions and linda gave a strong reaction back but no different than john mcrrick for example.

They really didnt need to show linda in the DR..if they were as slapped in the face as you make out they could easily have just not shown the task and you would be none the wiser.

I just dont see why you think it was either timely as its been going on for over a decade or how you think it was a slap when most would likely think all it did was show linda in a bad light.

I have no comment on the thread but wanted to say I like a longer post (Ohh err missus.) I for one appreciate it when an poster takes the time to share a considered opinion. It was interesting and appreciated by someone SG

I also take the view if something can be said in 145 characters or less the world probably doesn't need to hear it. But that's another story.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I don't think that it put Linda in a bad light , I would have done the same and I congratulate her for saying no to bb.
  • Options
    lightblueslightblues Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She didn't play ball with BB, so BB got their own back by exposing Linda by showing Louisa's pep talk they probably wouldn't have shown that if she has gone ahead with the task ,she missed a good opportunity there and looks even more of a fool! I wish her well though
  • Options
    innitrichieinnitrichie Posts: 9,795
    Forum Member
    Linda should still be in that house. It makes my blood boil that she got kicked out while her tormentor remains in there with silly little uber-fans on the internets trying to cheerlead him to victory with BS stories about how nice he is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chicksee wrote: »

Yes the other bully gave her the script but she did improvise and added the dead husband - did he not have a name?
  • Options
    BeachhhhhhhBeachhhhhhh Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    aurichie wrote: »
    Linda should still be in that house. It makes my blood boil that she got kicked out while her tormentor remains in there with silly little uber-fans on the internets trying to cheerlead him to victory with BS stories about how nice he is.

HER TORMENTER. What utter garbage! It was the other way round...the vast majority of people see it that way.