Options

update on baby for those interested

mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi i just thought I'd update those who are interestred as I know I've made quite a few pregnancy related posts this last few months

I was admitted to hospital very ill on Tuesday with Pre Clepsia (something like that?) And a blood pressure of 200/135. The only option was to have baby delivered so on Wednesday morning I had an emergency c section and little Joshua was born. He's tiny and only weighs 3.3 ounces but he's a little fighter and is breathing on his own. I'm now out of high dependency and on a ward, in my own room, I'm very anxious but I'm trying to be strong for my son who's so brave it puts me to shame. We can't cuddle him as much as we'd like to yet but he's getting stronger everyday and should be home in about 6 weeks where mummy and daddy will spoil him rotten! :-)

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3.5 Pounds, sorry, not ounces. My phone won't let me edit my post
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worrying times I know, my little girl was born around 12 weeks early, weighed slightly more 3.9, she was a fighter, actually don't recall her having any problems in high dependency...originally they wanted to keep her in for about 8 weeks, only ended up being 5 weeks as she made so much progress. Congratulations, I am sure your little boy will be fine, the staff in those wards are the best, and your son will be well looked after.
  • Options
    TheGreatKatsbyTheGreatKatsby Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    Congratulations mrsmoose on the birth of Joshua! Lovely name by the way.

It must be a worrying time for you but as dearmrman has said, he will be well looked after and I hope he is well and home with you and hubby in no time.
  • Options
    tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulation on the birth of Joshua, he was obviously impatient to meet you. All though he was early he is in experts care and it's good to know that he is breathing on his own. You have to let the experts do their work and whilst they are doing it you need to get yourself right and listen to the advice you are getting. Has your blood pressure returned to normal?
    I hope so. Take care, best wishes to your new family
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about his premature birth but congratulations, I hope everything goes well for you all (I like the name Joshua btw):)
  • Options
    eluf38eluf38 Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope you'll both be well and back at home in the next few weeks. x
  • Options
    damianswifedamianswife Posts: 1,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh many congratulations to you both. Make sure you get plenty of skin to skin cuddles whenever you get the chance, its such a wonderful thing for ma pa and baby.
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Congratulations, hope you get your little one home soon x
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Congratulations :D hope you are all home soon.I ha my little one 10 weeks early and he weight 2 lb 15 oz and as in SCBU for a month until he weighed 4 lb, he hasnt looked back and is now strapping 6 stone 11 year old:)
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations MrsMoose.

I'm sure Joshua will thrive and you'll have him home in no time!
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wowser!

How early was the baby born?

I am sure they will do the very best for your little boy and you need to keep your strength up for him.

Rest when you can, eat and drink and I know it is hard but try to stay positive.

X
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you xx its comforting hearing your stories about your premature baby's too and how well they grew up :-)
    He was delieved at 33 weeks 5 days but they prepared his lungs before he came out and he's never needed help breathing which is amazing. He came off his anti biotics yesterday too and out of the intensive care unit although he's still in his incubator.
    We were allowed to cuddle him last night for around half an hour which is the longest we've been allowed although its still only mummy daddy and nurses allowed to touch him.

I'm not sure when I can be discharged, was in loads of pain in the night and panicking again. I just have to keep thinking if my little boy is being brave I should be too. I'll try and post his photo when I'm home. Thank you all again for your support xx
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its incredibly positive that he has been breathing on his own since birth. I am of course not medical in any way but it sounds like a really good sign.

Keep well

X
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Congratulations!! Joshua sounds like a little star. Lots of love and best wishes to all three of you xxxxxx
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    Many congratulations mrsmoose and how wonderful that you got to hold Joshua for half an hour!

It sounds like you are trying so hard to "be brave" but try and remember that you have just given birth and need to regain your strength, also you have been through an extremely worrying time so please be kind to yourself too .:)

Have a lovely day today with your new Son x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    Congrats! !!

My dd was born at 27+6 and weighed 2lb 7oz. She came home after 9 weeks x
  • Options
    Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations to you and Joshua - lovely name :)

It sounds like he is doing well and hopefully will be home with you soon.

I don't have experience of premature babies but reading the posts from those who have should help ease your mind a bit.

Look after yourself too :)
  • Options
    UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations on Joshua. So pleased he is here safely. He is in the best place. Now you look after yourself and be kind to yourself too. I hope you both get home really quickly. xx
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    My son arrived for the same reason at a similar time- he's a massive 12 year old now

Good luck
  • Options
    FilliAFilliA Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations to you and mrmoose, I hope you are all home soon.
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations to you on the birth of baby Joshua .
    My niece was born at 31 weeks gestation , weighed 2lbs 14 oz . She is a tall , beautiful , gorgeous 15 year old now and adored by all
  • Options
    RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonderful news - you've got a little fighter on your hands. God bless your little family.
  • Options
    MartinPickeringMartinPickering Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrsmoose wrote: »
    I was admitted to hospital very ill on Tuesday with Pre Clepsia (something like that?) And a blood pressure of 200/135.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-eclampsia
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you again xx I'm home now, in lots of pain and struggling but its so good to be in my own bed. My husbands going back to work tomorrow but my mums coming to take care of me. I feel about 90 years old, I can't really do much and everything's such a struggle but I'm so greatful to be home.

Had an hour with Joshua earlier and cuddled him loads, he's so tiny and adorable, he gave my finger a good squeeze too, to say his hands are so tiny he's getting a good grip :-) he's lost weight but the nurses say that's normal, but they've upped his milk intake again, sometimes it makes him sick but they're are really impressed with his progress.
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrsmoose wrote: »
    Thank you again xx I'm home now, in lots of pain and struggling but its so good to be in my own bed. My husbands going back to work tomorrow but my mums coming to take care of me. I feel about 90 years old, I can't really do much and everything's such a struggle but I'm so greatful to be home.

Had an hour with Joshua earlier and cuddled him loads, he's so tiny and adorable, he gave my finger a good squeeze too, to say his hands are so tiny he's getting a good grip :-) he's lost weight but the nurses say that's normal, but they've upped his milk intake again, sometimes it makes him sick but they're are really impressed with his progress.

Congratulations on baby Joshua's arrival, its a pity the baby thread vanished. I am sure it was a great help to new Mum's.