Options

Cat at vets

gmphmacgmphmac Posts: 2,212
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I really hope my tortoiseshell cat is OK. She wouldn't eat anything this morning, and just sat in the middle of the room with a drooped head. She also had trouble moving her back leg :(

I rushed her down to the vets, and they are currently running a urine test. Hoping for some news soon.

Comments

• Options
    MissjefMissjef Posts: 2,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope everything goes okay x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks! It's not looking good at all. Vet called earlier to say that my cat was very unwell, and the blood tests revealed raised kidney levels. Apparently the prognosis doesn't look good.

I'm absolutely gutted right now - gutted! My cat was fine last night, and now this.

:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to update everyone:

The vet called this morning and told me that my cat had deteriorated overnight. This is yet another case of antifreeze poisoning, and we both agreed that the kindest thing to do would be to put her to sleep.

I've been in touch with my neighbour (see previous thread), and tomorrow I'm going to the police to report this. I'm absolutely devastated at what's happened. I'd do anything to have my cat back right now. I wish I could just see her one last time and say goodbye :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's just so sad for you. :( So sorry about your wee cat.