Options

Humax T2 remote with Sony Bluray player BDP-S185

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
Forum Member
Wonder if anyone can help with this.. My dad has just recently bought a new Humax Freeview box - the T2 - and is finding it impossible to get the controller to work his Sony Bluray player (model BDP-S185). Has anyone managed to do it? I'd there anything special about Sony equipment that might not let it work? I'd be really grateful for for any info and especially a remote code!
Many thanks!

Comments

• Options
    nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    It works with my Sony BDP-S480 which I believe uses the same remote codes.
    Use the DVD button and try the Sony DVD-player codes, one will work.
  • Options
    Bob1942Bob1942 Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MattsterUK wrote: »
    Wonder if anyone can help with this.. My dad has just recently bought a new Humax Freeview box - the T2 - and is finding it impossible to get the controller to work his Sony Bluray player (model BDP-S185). Has anyone managed to do it? I'd there anything special about Sony equipment that might not let it work? I'd be really grateful for for any info and especially a remote code!
    Many thanks!

Doesn't it depend if Humax were aware of that Sony model when they programmed the Humax?
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,524
    Forum Member
    Bob1942 wrote: »
    Doesn't it depend if Humax were aware of that Sony model when they programmed the Humax?

As Sony are the leading BD manufacturer (even invented it), and all Sony BD players use the same remote codes, then Humax would certainly have been aware of it :D

nvingo has already confirms that it works his BD player.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's always worth playing with the DVD Player codes: the BD players play DVDs too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the replies - I realise it SHOULD work ok but still no success. It's really weird!

nvingo - I don't suppose you could let me have the code/codes you tried for your Sony and got it to work with?
  • Options
    nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    From Humax Digital RCU setup (RM0F04)
    I've copied here the relevant parts for my own reference
    Later handsets with 4-digit codes
    . Using the Universal Remote Control
    1. Selectthe mode(PVR,TV,DVD,AUDIO) youwantto setbypressing the correspondingbutton on the
    remote control.Thebuttonwillblink once.
    2. Keeppressing thebutton for 3 seconds untilthebutton lights on.
    3. Enterthe 4-digit code. Every time a numberis entered,thebuttonwillblink.When the fourth digitis
    entered,thebuttonwillblink twice.
    4. If a valid 4-digit code is entered,theproductwillpower off.
    5. PresstheOKbutton and the modebuttonwillblink three times.The setupis complete.
    6. Iftheproduct does notpower off,repeatthe instruction from 3 to 5.
    Note:
    • When no code is entered for one minute the universalsetting modewillswitch to normal mode.
    • Try severalsetting codes and selectthe code that hasthe mostfunctions.

and (DVD codes)
    Sony 0533, 0864, 1033, 1070, 1516, 1536,
    1633, 1824,1903, 1981, 2020, 2043,
    2132, 2138
    Panasonic 0490, 1579, 1641, 1834, 1905, 1908
    Earlier handsets with three-digit codes
    . Using the universal remote control
    1. Pressthe MODEbutton.The remote control LEDwillblink once.
    2. Pressthe MODEbutton for 3 seconds untiltheTV LEDturns on.The LEDwillstay on even afterthebutton is
    released.
    3. Selecttheproduct youwantto setpressing the MODEbutton. Every time youpressthebutton,the remote control
    LEDwillblink in the following order;TV,AUDIO,DVD,TV,…
    4. Enterthe 3-digit code. Every time you enter a number,the LEDwillblink.When the third numberis entered,the
    LEDwillblink twice.Thepower key code ofthe selected modelwill appear.
    5. Afterthepower key code appears,theproductwillpower off.
    6. PressOKand the LEDwillblink three times.The setupis complete.
    7. Iftheproduct does notpower off,repeatthe instructionsfrom 4 to 6.
    SONY 033, 118, 126, 145, 191
    PANASONIC 021, 138, 139, 144, 150
    Anyway it's been maybe four months since I set up the Humax, and I didn't document it then but one code that works the Sony Bluray is that for the Panasonic DVD recorders :confused: so that may be what I found worked before. (Un)suprisingly none of the Sony DVD codes worked:o
    Sorry for the misleading info before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorted it! Thanks for you help! It was one of the panasonic codes that fixed it..

:)