Options

HDR-FOX T2 Problem

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
Forum Member
Storage reads 177 GB available and underneath 'Deleting'
It has been frozen like this for a few days and I can't find a way to fix it.
I can watch stored recordings and thought I could delete them but after switching off and unplugging the Humax overnight they've all reappeared.
I can fast forward, pause and rewind recorded programmes but when watching live TV I can't rewind pause or record.
Final problem, I can set the timer to record but nothing's happening when I do.
I'm getting desperate now can anybody help!

Comments

• Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you can get into the menus try doing a Default Settings on it. This will reset it back almost to out of the box condition (should leave the hard drive alone). So it will go into a scan for channels again as it did when first powered up and any other settings you've changed will be put back to the defaults.

And any recordings you've set up will be wiped as well. But it might get you back in control.
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EricH wrote: »
    Storage reads 177 GB available and underneath 'Deleting'
    It has been frozen like this for a few days and I can't find a way to fix it.
    I can watch stored recordings and thought I could delete them but after switching off and unplugging the Humax overnight they've all reappeared.
    I can fast forward, pause and rewind recorded programmes but when watching live TV I can't rewind pause or record.
    Final problem, I can set the timer to record but nothing's happening when I do.
    I'm getting desperate now can anybody help!

Known issue - see destructive deleting

http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/things-every-hd-fox-t2-hdr-fox-t2-owner-should-know.1858/#post-28598
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was ready to try that but getting into the menu is another problem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks Graham, problem solved.
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EricH wrote: »
    Thanks Graham, problem solved.

Happy you have solved the problem. For future reference the problem seems to be caused by attempting to delete a recording you have just watched and failed to press stop. ie playback of the recording is still on going because the recording contains content beyond the end of the actual programme content.