DC's Legends of Tomorrow - UK PACE - Sky 1

Comments

• CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maybe I missed something but -

isn't Vandal Savage also from the future ? in which case why was he so interested in developing a bit of Palmer's future tech ? he must have plenty of future tech of his own and can change 70s history with that - no ?

No, he's from Ancient Egypt the same as both the Hawks. He uses their life force to stay immortal.
  • BermondseybrickBermondseybrick Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe I missed something but -

isn't Vandal Savage also from the future ? in which case why was he so interested in developing a bit of Palmer's future tech ? he must have plenty of future tech of his own and can change 70s history with that - no ?

As others had said no he wasn't from the future ... he isn't a time traveller the LOT's went back in time to 70's Vandal before he had the "tech"
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,266
    Forum Member
    "I kissed a girl once... " yes those of us that watched Bomb Girls remember, Betty McRae! Even the guest actors in this show get easter eggs. :D The in-jokes and references are what make this show and especially the Snart/Sara double act.

Arthur is so much better in the Rip role than he was as limp Rory on DW.

So glad it's been renewed, it's been a great addition to the hero show family. It's not as dark as Arrow or as fluffy as The Flash, so they balance each other out well.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    "I kissed a girl once... " yes those of us that watched Bomb Girls remember, Betty McRae! Even the guest actors in this show get easter eggs. :D The in-jokes and references are what make this show and especially the Snart/Sara double act.

So glad it's been renewed, it's been a great addition to the hero show family. It's not as dark as Arrow or as fluffy as The Flash, so they balance each other out well.

To be fair to Arthur that's how Rory was written... as being completely under the thumb of Amy right from the start
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    batesy2000 wrote: »
    Funny thing is I rewatched it the next day and realised I'd missed very little that was of importance.

Watching episode 2 and I'm still not sure. Love Flash, Arrow, Gotham, I even don't mind Supergirl but this doesn't seem right. Too cartoony.
    For me the second episode was a bit better than the first. Part of the problem is them trying to set up too many characters too quickly. They aren't letting any of them inherit their presence from the other shows they came from; they are all having to establish themselves. That's making it a bit shallow. It should get better with time. Although, there may still be too many characters. If the one they killed off doesn't come back, that could help.

The Arrow has a lot of characters on the team, but it built up slowly. To begin with it was just Oliver Queen. The Flash had Barry and a few others, but the others were much more minor. Likewise Supergirl. Agents of Shield had a lot, and suffered for it in the early days (and from other things, of course). It's hard to have a big team from day one.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »

I wonder if the Titanic comment was an in-joke for Victor Garber .
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    brangdon wrote: »
    For me the second episode was a bit better than the first. Part of the problem is them trying to set up too many characters too quickly. They aren't letting any of them inherit their presence from the other shows they came from; they are all having to establish themselves. That's making it a bit shallow. It should get better with time. Although, there may still be too many characters. If the one they killed off doesn't come back, that could help.

The Arrow has a lot of characters on the team, but it built up slowly. To begin with it was just Oliver Queen. The Flash had Barry and a few others, but the others were much more minor. Likewise Supergirl. Agents of Shield had a lot, and suffered for it in the early days (and from other things, of course). It's hard to have a big team from day one.

It amazes me ,I think all of them have had a relative been killed.

But agree what you say. Sometimes knowing nothing about a character makes them interesting.

Also on a side note. Why does the old professor guy not know atom man ?
  • BrianWescombeBrianWescombe Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been a fan of Arrow from the start, it's dark enough for my liking. Gave up on Flash in the first episode, too 'young' for me. After watching LoT for three weeks I've now stopped that too, for the same reason as Flash, in fact LoT is the worst of the lot IMO. For the first few episodes it was like "we can defeat him as a team", "we must work together", yeah I get the point - no need to keep emphasising the need for 'teamwork'

For me, shows have to have an edge these days. The likes of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Game Of Thrones, Walking Dead etc are hard and gritty, they don't play 'safe' with the audience, they take risks. Programmes like LoT come along, they can't hope to compete in age of such risky shows, it's too 'safe'. IMO shows either have to be for adults (like the ones i mentioned), or for children - there's no in between. LoT's target audience is probably 12-15 year olds, it wouldn't look out of place at 6pm on a Sunday evening
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me, shows have to have an edge these days. The likes of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Game Of Thrones, Walking Dead etc are hard and gritty, they don't play 'safe' with the audience, they take risks.
    Programmes like LoT come along, they can't hope to compete in age of such risky shows, it's too 'safe'. IMO shows either have to be for adults (like the ones i mentioned), or for children - there's no in between. LoT's target audience is probably 12-15 year olds, it wouldn't look out of place at 6pm on a Sunday evening

Couldn't disagree more to be honest. Not every show has to be dark and gritty and the DC comic based ones are quite clearly meeting a niche which is popular across many social groups.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Cadiva wrote: »
    Couldn't disagree more to be honest. Not every show has to be dark and gritty and the DC comic based ones are quite clearly meeting a niche which is popular across many social groups.

I agree. Dark and Gritty has its place but I generally prefer the lighter shows. Too many dark shows is just depressing.

Having said that, I'm not overly impressed with LoT yet. I think it's still finding its feet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thrombin wrote: »
    I agree. Dark and Gritty has its place but I generally prefer the lighter shows. Too many dark shows is just depressing.

Having said that, I'm not overly impressed with LoT yet. I think it's still finding its feet.

I'm watching US Pace and it has certainly done that now :)
  • BrianWescombeBrianWescombe Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Fair enough, it was just my opinion. Shows like LoT do not appeal to me for the reasons i gave in my original comment though, which is why I have stopped watching it. I'm sure it has it's fanbase who enjoy it for what it is, it's just not my cup of tea
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been a fan of Arrow from the start, it's dark enough for my liking. Gave up on Flash in the first episode, too 'young' for me. After watching LoT for three weeks I've now stopped that too, for the same reason as Flash, in fact LoT is the worst of the lot IMO. For the first few episodes it was like "we can defeat him as a team", "we must work together", yeah I get the point - no need to keep emphasising the need for 'teamwork'

For me, shows have to have an edge these days. The likes of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Game Of Thrones, Walking Dead etc are hard and gritty, they don't play 'safe' with the audience, they take risks. Programmes like LoT come along, they can't hope to compete in age of such risky shows, it's too 'safe'. IMO shows either have to be for adults (like the ones i mentioned), or for children - there's no in between. LoT's target audience is probably 12-15 year olds, it wouldn't look out of place at 6pm on a Sunday evening

I find Flash a bit light weight, or at least the first season...since Zoom it seems a little darker, and now works better with Arrow...I think LoT fits in between the two shows.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair enough, it was just my opinion. Shows like LoT do not appeal to me for the reasons i gave in my original comment though, which is why I have stopped watching it. I'm sure it has it's fanbase who enjoy it for what it is, it's just not my cup of tea

Oh absolutely not a problem with you having the opinion, it was more a commentary to say I don't think shows are either for adults or for children. A lot of the DC comic based shows sit quite naturally between the two and are more family i.e. 12+ audience.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,587
    Forum Member
    For me, shows have to have an edge these days.
    I'm the complete opposite. I want to be entertained. I don't like "dark and gritty".
    ...it was more a commentary to say I don't think shows are either for adults or for children.
    Me neither.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Captain Cold: "This isn't my first prison break" :D
  • WoodbineWoodbine Posts: 14,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Wentworth Miller has to break Dominic Purcell out of prison, is this the Prison Break reboot?
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,587
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    Captain Cold: "This isn't my first prison break" :D
    Never watched the show but even I got that reference :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woodbine wrote: »
    So Wentworth Miller has to break Dominic Purcell out of prison, is this the Prison Break reboot?

Well all we need now is for Len and Mick to appear again on The Flash alongside Bob Knepper's character of William Tockman aka The Clock King
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually laughed out loud!!!:D
  • julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Said the same thing to my husband. Getting to be a habit Captain Cold having to break his brother out of prison.
    I am waiting for the guy who plays Teabag in Prison Break to turn up as a villain some day.
  • WoodbineWoodbine Posts: 14,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    julie2009 wrote: »
    Said the same thing to my husband. Getting to be a habit Captain Cold having to break his brother out of prison.
    I am waiting for the guy who plays Teabag in Prison Break to turn up as a villain some day.
    He has already in Arrow, wouldn't be surprised to see him in this too. It's like a little reunion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He has already in Arrow, wouldn't be surprised to see him in this too. It's like a little reunion.

His character appeared in The Flash as well
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    Wow that was a very dark epsiode
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The leader of those time pirates is Callum Keith Rennie from Due South and Battlestar Galactica