DC's Legends of Tomorrow - UK PACE - Sky 1

Comments

• VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    So Sky 1 have announced start dates for the new seasons of Arrow,Flash and Supergirl but no date yet for Legends Of Tomorrow which is a concern as are they delaying it till 2017?

I doubt they'd do that as it would been any crossovers between Legends and the other shows wouldn't make sense.

Given the Supergirl is on Monday, The Flash is on Tuesday and Arrow is on Wednesday I'd be very surprised if Legends doesn't start on the Thursday of that week
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Well Sky 1 has announced that Supergirl is starting on the 24th October, Flash on the 25th October and Arrow on the 26th October but nothing yet has been announced for Legends Of Tomorrow!

Sky delayed these shows to avoid the breaks in America but the fact that nothing has been announced for Legends Of Tomorrow start date despite the fact it starts a week later in America than the rest of the shows!

As Sky 1 are showing Hooten and The Lady on friday then they might show Legends Of Tomorrow a week later after it finishes

Although that might still ruin the crossover in December unless Sky take out those episodes from the other shows and show them in the new year?
    Forum Member
    Well Sky 1 have posted a tweet saying that we will find out very very soon when Supergirl,Flash,Arrow and Legends Of Tomorrow return so maybe websites reporting those dates i previously posted are wrong!

Fingers crossed for a whole week of DC shows on Sky 1!
  • rob_knightrob_knight Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    Well Sky 1 has announced that Supergirl is starting on the 24th October, Flash on the 25th October and Arrow on the 26th October but nothing yet has been announced for Legends Of Tomorrow!

Sky delayed these shows to avoid the breaks in America but the fact that nothing has been announced for Legends Of Tomorrow start date despite the fact it starts a week later in America than the rest of the shows!

As Sky 1 are showing Hooten and The Lady on friday then they might show Legends Of Tomorrow a week later after it finishes

Although that might still ruin the crossover in December unless Sky take out those episodes from the other shows and show them in the new year?

There are eight episodes of Hooten so that won't finish until November 4th unless they show a double bill one week.
    Forum Member
    That might work as Legends Of Tomorrow does start a week after Supergirl,Flash and Arrow in America and those other shows have breaks so it might work out!

Although Hooten is at 9pm so Legends Of Tomorrow tends to be at 8pm so maybe November 4th could be its start date?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    November 3rd start date for Season 2 according to Geektown

http://www.geektown.co.uk/tvairdates/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow/

Trailer for Season 2 which also includes elements of the 4-show crossover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLHj1-gE488
    Forum Member
    I'm still wondering how they will fit it onto Sky 1 as it's 12 episodes before Christmas including the double bill episode but that's still not enough weeks to fit that amount of episodes in before Christmas unless they take out the crossover then show it separately or only show a certain amount before Christmas then the continue in the new year!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    At the end of the episode Professor Stein joked about someone giving machine guns to the Confederate Army

I wonder if it was a nod to this alternate history book

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Guns_of_the_South
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,684
    Forum Member
    A good season premier. Thought they might have dragged-out the finding of the other members over at least a couple of episodes but probably better that they didn't.
  • SapphicGrrlSapphicGrrl Posts: 3,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG I LOVED it!! :D A gloriously mad crazy romp - it took me back to the days of the juicier storylines in Star Trek, pure entertainment! (I was reminded of 'A Piece of the Action', 'The City on the Edge of Forever' and even 'Time's Arrow', with the Einstein bit.) I so adore Mick Rory ("I like him, he's a pig" ^_^), but was devastated not to see the even-more-adored Snart (is WM doing something else?)...:cry:

However - the viewer really needs to know their Arrowverse? (Otherwise the Arrow, Darhk, Thawne etc. will make little sense?) Fine for me because I follow it all, but a newcomer might end up floundering in confusion. I'm actually quite surprised how much the producers have enmeshed all the characters?

I love the JSA appearing at the end! Perfect way to inject new characters? I must say, that out of all four of the new shows, this has come out on top for me, by a mile (and I wasn't expecting that?). I'm so glad the whole boring Vandal Savage saga is over (he was the most tedious villain ever), and that the team can now get stuck into proper comic superhero stuff. :)
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,684
    Forum Member
    OMG I LOVED it!! :D A gloriously mad crazy romp - it took me back to the days of the juicier storylines in Star Trek, pure entertainment! (I was reminded of 'A Piece of the Action', 'The City on the Edge of Forever' and even 'Time's Arrow', with the Einstein bit.) I so adore Mick Rory ("I like him, he's a pig" ^_^), but was devastated not to see the even-more-adored Snart (is WM doing something else?)...:cry:
    Erm.. you do know he was "killed off" at the end of last season, right? Just checking ;)

And yes, he has been doing the Prison Break remake. But I think he's back as Snart (I nearly typed Snark then :p) at some point.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erm.. you do know he was "killed off" at the end of last season, right? Just checking ;)

And yes, he has been doing the Prison Break remake. But I think he's back as Snart (I nearly typed Snark then :p) at some point.

He will be back in a recurring role.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    dearmrman wrote: »
    He will be back in a recurring role.

Both he and Katie Cassidy/Black Canary have signed diffrent contracts to the rest they have signed contracts which state they will appear on all 4 shows I don't know how they will work them into Supergirl unless they play Earth 3/Supergirl Earth Doppelgängers?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know how well known this is, but it is a major spoiler.
    Snart will come back as a member of the Legion of Doom
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I did know, but in this timeline-tastic world I guessed he wouldn't stay 'dead' for long...;)

(PS. When I typed that last post, I too found that I'd typed Snark instead of Snart! :D:D)
  • mccaffepmccaffep Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    Why did they say it was Ray who punched Einstein when it was Martin? Continuity error?
    What happened to the Einsteins when they were rescued ?
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK start I guess. Despite that dreadful sequence in "16th Century France" that clearly was some McMansion out in the Valley. So much wrong going on... for starters the architechture was clearly Spanish inspired.

The 'new guy' seems ok, I assumed he was to replace Snart, but then they go and displace Rip. Odd.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I the only one in comparing the JSA to the Avengers and SSR/S.H.I.E.L.D.

Not a direct like-for-like, but it just keeps reminding me of them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, I know what you mean? Again, I liked this episode - the JSA are an interesting team (& I love anything set in the 40s - Sara looked so cool!). My fave character is still Mick Rory - he's a gem...:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It should be the other way round...the JSA were created long before the Avengers/Shield.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Both he and Katie Cassidy/Black Canary have signed diffrent contracts to the rest they have signed contracts which state they will appear on all 4 shows I don't know how they will work them into Supergirl unless they play Earth 3/Supergirl Earth Doppelgängers?

Either that or there will be time travel involved
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    blimey that episode was a complete mess with JSA,

Lots of Back To The Future references in it though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The crossover episodes take place in four weeks time
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Shogun epsiode was dreadful. It was as if they'd watched TMNT III and thought "hey let's do that"

And why did Mick say that he has no proof of ninjas despite fighting them?
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked it, thought the fighting choreography was quite good and it's always good seeing Sara kicking ass. The story was a bit cliché though, but was good fun, will be interesting to see how Ray will fit into the group now that he has no suit.