Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 19)

Comments

• Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    DaddyKev wrote: »
    Clearly shows the Second Celtic player moved his hand towards the ball hence the penalty was awarded and the correct decision at that.

I seriously don't see how any player can get his hand out of the way when a ball is blasted at speed from a couple of yards out. I really don't think that is what the handball rule was put in place for.
  • bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the likes of Hugh Dallas come crawling out the woodwork claiming never to have seen a manager go onto the pitch like Lennon did yesterday in his 25 years of refereeing, no wonder Lennon thinks its personal.
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    When the likes of Hugh Dallas come crawling out the woodwork claiming never to have seen a manager go onto the pitch like Lennon did yesterday in his 25 years of refereeing, no wonder Lennon thinks its personal.

The joke is a media outlet actually prints what that confirmed bigot has to say.
    Forum Member
    Hugh Dallas has a prominent voice in Scottish Football completely disproportionate to his achievements and career.
  • StoneColdSaysSoStoneColdSaysSo Posts: 9,882
    Forum Member
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    I seriously don't see how any player can get his hand out of the way when a ball is blasted at speed from a couple of yards out. I really don't think that is what the handball rule was put in place for.

True but the first time it hits an arm it stops a shot, the second handball (Wanyama) the direction of the ball is changed again and taken away from an onrushing Hearts player. Both times disadvantaging Hearts, so a peno for me in this instance
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hugh Dallas has a prominent voice in Scottish Football completely disproportionate to his achievements and career.

Aye, but he is pals with Collina.
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact you're posting this kind of thing means "job done" by Lennon, I think...
  • TommyNookaTommyNooka Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With regards to Euan Norris and his habit of giving Rangers penalties this site is quite good for keeping an eye on refereeing performances http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/norris/profil/schiedsrichter_1012.html

Interestingly enough he has only refereed one game in the SPL in which Rangers were struggling and DIDN'T give them a penalty or send off one of the opposition.

2011/12 Inverness (A) 0-2 2 penalties and Tokely sent off for a good tackle
    St Johnstone (H) 0-0 (Job not done correctly) :)
    Motherwell (H) 3-0 Help not required

2010/11 St Mirren (H) 2-1 penalty the winning goal
    Kilmarnock (A) 2-3 2 penalties Sissoko sent off

It may be that all of these penalties (bar the Tokely decision) were legit as I can't remember them all but there is a recurring theme to his officiating.
    Forum Member
    TommyNooka wrote: »

It may be that all of these penalties (bar the Tokely decision) were legit as I can't remember them all but there is a recurring theme to his officiating.
    One question on this, if all of the decisions were legit, then why are we even looking at it? Shouldn't the decisions be looked at first? If the decisions were correct would it have been better if he had NOT given a penalties even though they should have been?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    yeah Morton fan, prefered Boghead to the Strathclyde homes stadium even if it wasnt in great shape:D

this is the first time in a few season's that we didnt draw Dumbarton in any of the cups, seemed to be a permanent fixture in the Challenge Cup

I'll look out for Morton results in future. Hope we get to play you next season , preferably in the League.

Is the Scott Gemmill who plays for Albion Rovers the son of Archie. Almost certainly not I reckon, he would be about 40 now
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    david1955 wrote: »
    I'll look out for Morton results in future. Hope we get to play you next season , preferably in the League.

Is the Scott Gemmill who plays for Albion Rovers the son of Archie. Almost certainly not I reckon, he would be about 40 now

no think it is a guy that used to play for St Mirren and Airdrie United, not Archie Gemmill's son of the same name
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark. wrote: »
    The fact you're posting this kind of thing means "job done" by Lennon, I think...

I'm not sure if its personal, but with comments like Dallas' it wouldn't surprise me if it is or has become that.

Thursday will be interesting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One question on this, if all of the decisions were legit, then why are we even looking at it? Shouldn't the decisions be looked at first? If the decisions were correct would it have been better if he had NOT given a penalties even though they should have been?

I don't know if all of the decisions were correct maybe they were (going by his performances that I can remember I highly doubt it) but I do remember his terrible performance in Inverness and when you look at his collective refereeing of Rangers games it does look a bit strange.
    I'd like someone to provide me with a referee who has a similar record with any other club then I might not be so cynical.
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if its personal, but with comments like Dallas' it wouldn't surprise me if it is or has become that.
    The point is that now Lennon has said "it's personal", any subsequent mentions of his behaviour will be held up as "evidence" of him being right.

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy, and the masses will lap it up.
    Forum Member
    The Celtic manager should not be mouthing off on a Twitter account in the first place.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if all of the decisions were correct maybe they were (going by his performances that I can remember I highly doubt it) but I do remember his terrible performance in Inverness and when you look at his collective refereeing of Rangers games it does look a bit strange.
    I'd like someone to provide me with a referee who has a similar record with any other club then I might not be so cynical.

Norris is just a poor referee, I'm certain there are instances of incompetence in his SFL record.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Celtic manager should not be mouthing off on a Twitter account in the first place.

I disagree, if Lennon has an opinion then he should be able to air it, while twitter may not ideal at least we get it first hand.

After all it is only his opinion, doesn't mean he is always right or wrong.
    Forum Member
    I disagree, if Lennon has an opinion then he should be able to air it, while twitter may not ideal at least we get it first hand.

After all it is only his opinion, doesn't mean he is always right or wrong.

Wasn't he arguing with Celtic fans last night though? Whilst its good to have an opinion he should not be doing things like that
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't he arguing with Celtic fans last night though? Whilst its good to have an opinion he should not be doing things like that

He wasn't, he disagreed with a couple of views on the performance and in another tweet he said that the person was entitled to his opinion although he disagreed with it.

Nothing wrong with engaging in a bit of debate as to how the team played.
  • Auld ReekieAuld Reekie Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    t1t3h wrote: »
    How did Celtic win the league then? How have Celtic won so many Cups and League titles if Scottish football works against them?

That's been three games in the past few weeks where Celtic have lost only for people on here to complain about Scottish football being against Celtic.

Is it any wonder why fans of other clubs think Celtic fans are paranoid?
    They are always the victims.:D
  • tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time for Celtic plc to tell Neil Lennon his antics yesterday at full-time are simply not acceptable and won't be tolerated again.

Most undignified and unprofessional.

Anyone behaving like that in another organisation would probably be on a disciplinary or facing the sack.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tangsman wrote: »
    Time for Celtic plc to tell Neil Lennon his antics yesterday at full-time are simply not acceptable and won't be tolerated again.

Anyone behaving like that in another organisation would probably be on a disciplinary or facing the sack.

Elvis is still in his job.

Neil Warnock continues to get employment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tangsman wrote: »

If you change behaving to performing the same statement could apply to quite a lot of referees, have any of them actually suffered any consequences for displays of sheer ineptitude?

The SFA are very quick to charge players and coaching staff when they feel they break their 'rules' yet the same doesn't apply to their own staff.

I can understand why people believe that Neil Lennons reaction is OTT, these people obviously don't care as much as he does.
    I think I would have lamped Euan Norris at 14:30 yesterday never mind venting my spleen! :p
    Forum Member
    If you change behaving to performing the same statement could apply to quite a lot of referees, have any of them actually suffered any consequences for displays of sheer ineptitude?

The SFA are very quick to charge players and coaching staff when they feel they break their 'rules' yet the same doesn't apply to their own staff.

I can understand why people believe that Neil Lennons reaction is OTT, these people obviously don't care as much as he does.
    I think I would have lamped Euan Norris at 14:30 yesterday never mind venting my spleen! :p
    There is a difference between capability issues and disciplinary issues though. They have to be treated separately no matter the industry you work in.

The people do care just as much, they just have self control. Something Lennon clearly does not.

And I would have loved Lennon to lamp Norris, and Norris to lamp him straight back. Now that would have made great TV :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a difference between capability issues and disciplinary issues though. They have to be treated separately no matter the industry you work in.

The people do care just as much, they just have self control. Something Lennon clearly does not.

And I would have loved Lennon to lamp Norris, and Norris to lamp him straight back. Now that would have made great TV :D

Did you see the size of him though? I think the only thing Euan Norris has ever lamped is a garden gnome!

I do understand what you're saying although I don't see much wrong with a bit of heated verbal but if it was to get physical then that's clearly taking it too far.
This discussion has been closed.