Fuel in France

dave clarkedave clarke Posts: 1,037
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Planning to go to LA Rochelle soon towing a caravan filling up in England looking to fill up around Caen has anyone been in that area and can tell me what fuel situation is
If its very bad we are going to Holland instead

Comments

• albertdalbertd Posts: 14,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it is up to date and you can follow the language, this site may help. It seems to be suggesting that the situation has largely improved, but don't take that as gospel without further checking. Your ferry/train company may have better info.

https://mon-essence.fr/blog/2016/05/25/re-approvisionnement-quelles-sont-les-stations-con/
  • sybilvimessybilvimes Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My sister lives near Carcassone and it's pretty bad there. Those living near the border are nipping over to Spain to fill up.
  • dave clarkedave clarke Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks both for your advice
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problems / restrictions on fuel have mainly gone away for now. Friends drove from Calais to southern Manche (50) on Saturday and filled up several times - no queues, no restrictions. We filled up near Avranches (near the E84 which you'd probably be travelling on to get to la Rochelle) no queue, no problem.

Now if you were travelling by air... :o

More strikes by airlines / air traffic controllers due in June. And trains. And the metro... I sometimes think that France should have a strike watch website so people can figure out the best way to get around. For natives as well as tourists.

Here's a guide to what's happening - or not happening...
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    I do wonder why we bother with France, every year the air traffic control go on strike. Lets start boycotting their air space, and stop flying there, they'd soon sort out the problems.