How to access payslip

CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Right so from a month ago we have to get our payslips online only I'm not sure how to go about it as I've never done it that way before.

Edit: Apparantly you need a password only I've never been given a password and I've been told it's my responsibility

Comments

• LushnessLushness Posts: 38,131
    Forum Member
    Surely when it was introduced your payroll department gave instructions as to how to access it? If not you'll need to ask, I doubt anyone here would know. At my place we use our NI number, perhaps yours is the same.
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no way anyone here can help based on what little information you've given.

There are dozens (maybe several dozen) different software packages that your employer might be using. If they've told you to access it online there must be a web site you should visit. But as well as knowing the site's address you'll also need login credentials (username and password typically) to gain access. That information can only be provided to you by your employer's HR department.

Often the username will be your email address but honestly it could be anything. You surely don't expect random strangers on a public website to be able to tell you what your password is for a private website?
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »
    Surely when it was introduced your payroll department gave instructions as to how to access it? If not you'll need to ask, I doubt anyone here would know. At my place we use our NI number, perhaps yours is the same.

I was just told to access it through the work website. That was it and asking my employers is useless.

I have NO IDEA what I'm doing
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »
    I was just told to access it through the work website.
    Then I'm puzzled by your apparent naivety. The fact you've managed to logon to Digital Spy and apparently make over twenty thousand posts means that you understand how to access websites. You obviously know about usernames and passwords.

So your above description of the process should make sense to you. Now if you don't know your username and password you're stuck. But you surely know enough about how the web works to know that asking a bunch of random strangers how to log into your company's website is pointless.
    I have NO IDEA what I'm doing
    Of course you do. You're doing it now by posting to Digital Spy. You have logged onto a website and you are viewing the contents of it. That's exactly what you need to do to access your payslip. Your only problem seems to be that you don't know your login details. None of us can help you with those, you have to get them from your HR department.
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    Try your payroll number as username and your DOB in 8 figures (29/05/2016 for example) as your password, it may then ask you to change your password.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrue wrote: »
    Then I'm puzzled by your apparent naivety. The fact you've managed to logon to Digital Spy and apparently make over twenty thousand posts means that understand how to access online websites. You know about usernames and passwords.

So your above description of the process should make sense to you. Now if you don't know your username and password you're stuck. But you surely know enough about how the web works to know that asking a bunch of random strangers how to log into your company's website is pointless.
    Of course you do. You're doing it now by posting to Digital Spy. You have logged onto a website and you are viewing the contents of it. That's exactly what you need to do to access your payslip. Your only problem seems to be that you don't know your login details. None of us can help you with those, you have to get them from your HR department.

Thanks for the obvious. I've managed to find the website (I think) after posting here but like I said I'm new to this whole process and not sure if I'm doing it right. Hence the thread. Logging onto websites is easy knowing which one is legit or which one is the actual one to go into and what and when this password I never knew I needed is confusing to say the least.

On the website I just found there is an email. Hopefully they can help me more. Now I'm off to eat Pizza on the Bus :D
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a very strange thread! As if anyone here would know how your employer's internal website works.

One piece of advice though about online payslips - when they are issued each month, make sure you print off a copy and/or save it as a PDF somewhere secure because if you ever change jobs then you'll probably lose access to the payslip website.
  • PuckyPucky Posts: 4,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    What a very strange thread! As if anyone here would know how your employer's internal website works.

One piece of advice though about online payslips - when they are issued each month, make sure you print off a copy and/or save it as a PDF somewhere secure because if you ever change jobs then you'll probably lose access to the payslip website.

It doesn't happen only when changing jobs, we changed our payroll system and lost access to old slips, luckily there was plenty of warning so we didn't lose them.
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Contact your HR department
    2. Speak to another colleague who will show you how.