Options

TNA Wrestling on Bravo (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angle representing the younger generation is a bit of a joke, given he's 42, of course that won't stop them.

Foley was apparently already asked to turn heel/join Fortune and he point blank refused (hard to sell your book as a heel I guess).
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and the most likely reason Hardy's drugs debacle wasn't sorted on the 20th is the judge may not have been happy with the plea deal arranged by the defense and prosecution

He may yet be going to jail.
  • Options
    jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    Angle representing the younger generation is a bit of a joke, given he's 42, of course that won't stop them.

Foley was apparently already asked to turn heel/join Fortune and he point blank refused (hard to sell your book as a heel I guess).

It is.But turning him heel would be totally nonsensical, not that it's stopped Vinnie before. With decent booking and cooperation, some modern stars could really get over from a feud against the most famous names of the boom periods. I reckon they'd screw it up somehow...
  • Options
    hypervisorhypervisor Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it was late and i was tired, thats my excuse :)

will try harder nxt time :)
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toffee Guy wrote: »
    Why she didn't just post honestly, and say, 'I'm meeting with Sky execs when I'm in England for the TNA tour dates at the end of January, and nothing will be finalised until then', I have no idea.

Will they even let her in the door at Isleworth? :D

Can't see Sky entertaining a meeting with her, they'll sadly do things in their own time. The re-jig launches in a week on Sky so then we'll maybe see where there's space for TNA.
  • Options
    wildmovieguywildmovieguy Posts: 8,342
    Forum Member
    I can't find any results so far for the tour. Do you think they will do that thing they do in America where they let you take pictures with some of the stars after the show? Also what are the prices like for the merchandise?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/19154/105/

TNA house show report 1-21 Lyon, France

About 500-600 in attendance with most of the building tarped off. Lots
    of kids and teens in attendance, most of the adults seemed to be
    parents. Lots of Jeff Hardy fans.

Jeremy Borash was the "MC", they had some French dude (I think with some
    local wrestling magazine) do the actual ring announcing and he also
    translated whatever JB was saying at various points in the show.

The middle rope broke just as the first match was about to start and
    they fixed it in between the first and second matches, so the first
    match was worked with no middle rope.

1.) X-Division title: Kaz beat Chris Sabin with Back to the Future in a
    very good match

2.) Mickie James/Angelina Love beat Madison Rayne/Tara, James pinned
    Rayne with the swinging DDT

3.) Matt Morgan beat The Pope after the Carbon Footprint in a very short
    match

4.) Tag titles: Beer Money (with Ric Flair) beat Doug Williams and
    Brutus Magnus after the DWI. Beer Money were total faces, as the French
    hate the British with a passion. Very good match, Flair did this promo
    at the start of the match: "Bonjour. Beer! Money! Merci". He then added
    "beaucoup" (Thank you.... very much")

5.) Kurt Angle special ref: Matt Hardy/Jeff Jarrett beat Shannon
    Moore/Mark Haskins. Matt hit the Twist of Fate on Haskins, after Jarrett
    and Kurt brawled to the back, so yes, the heel beat two faces on his own

6.) Triple Threat World title: Mr. Anderson beat RVD and Jeff Hardy
    after Anderson pinned Hardy with the Mic-Check.

Anderson then talked for a bit at the end, nothing special. JB thanked
    us for coming, sadly no post-match photo or autograph opportunities.
    Merchandise seemed to do well all night, especially the Jeff Hardy stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe they will make more of an effort when they are in the UK and do post show photos and stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/19154/105/

TNA house show report 1-21 Lyon, France

About 500-600 in attendance with most of the building tarped off. Lots
    of kids and teens in attendance, most of the adults seemed to be
    parents. Lots of Jeff Hardy fans.
    Merchandise seemed to do well all night, especially the Jeff Hardy stuff.

500-600?! Ouch, hope the margins were good
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Quite a silly question but has anyone that has gone to a TNA show in the UK managed to meet the odd wrestler in the city during the day?
  • Options
    ogrynogryn Posts: 3,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamespondo wrote: »
    Not sure if anybody on here is still watching Impact, but it's likely the M.E.M is returning after what Crimson said. Anybody feel we're gonna get another Russo swerve to set up the ultimate new stars vs overpaid icons storyline?

I mean MEM turning on Angle to form an ultra powerful Immortal (Hogan, Flair, Nash, Bischoff, Jarrett, Booker, Steiner, Hardy).

Fortune would turn babyface in the process. Sting would then return as a face, with the option of Foley turning heel and joining Immortal.
    Do you think Pope is organising the return of MEM? Overseas wire transfers and all?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mrjono316 wrote: »
    Quite a silly question but has anyone that has gone to a TNA show in the UK managed to meet the odd wrestler in the city during the day?

Why dont you just go to the hotel their at?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Why dont you just go to the hotel their at?

Only reason I ask is because I'm in Manchester on Friday and thought I might catch oe or two walking around. Which hotel do they normally stay at when they are in Manchester?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member

Sometimes the odd wrestler can be seen. I remember the first raw and smackdown tapings in england in 2004, both days me and my friend walked past the entrance (car/truck entrace) a few times to see if we could see anyone. We seen Heidenreich, Tim White, Jonny Stamboli and Linda Mcmahon, however for the time spent waiting its not worth it.

I am going to London on saturday to watch TNA and unfortunately didnt get the ''meet and greet'' tickets that were on sale, those tickets guarantee you to meet the stars. If they return next year and if TNA is still on tv then I will go and buy meet and greet tickets.
  • Options
    Toffee GuyToffee Guy Posts: 2,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only reason I ask is because I'm in Manchester on Friday and thought I might catch oe or two walking around. Which hotel do they normally stay at when they are in Manchester?

Not certain, but the UFC promotion stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Shudehill, just around the corner from the Printworks in the city centre, when they were in Manchester for the ppv in October 2009.
  • Options
    Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I dont see how anybody is getting to see TNA on a weekly basis in the united kingdom, unless somebody is uploading them on youtube - because Bravo on sky digital has bit the dust.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit late to the party with that Rob :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob22 wrote: »
    Well I dont see how anybody is getting to see TNA on a weekly basis in the united kingdom, unless somebody is uploading them on youtube - because Bravo on sky digital has bit the dust.

Erm..the tna provided website stream for the UK?

Re- the wrestlers. WWE tend to fly in and out on the hired corporate metal which often is a bad idea :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Just to let you guys know last night at the Dublin show Dixie said she will have very good news in the next 24 hours on the current TNA/Sky situation :).
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL @ posts 1717 - 1719 :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the_muff wrote: »
    Just to let you guys know last night at the Dublin show Dixie said she will have very good news in the next 24 hours on the current TNA/Sky situation :).

Anyone else get the feeling they were told by Sky they weren't a priority and would be given a slot after the February changes but they've dragged it out to make them look a bit better?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The channel they end up on will show just how much of a priority they are.
  • Options
    decemberboydecemberboy Posts: 3,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The channel they end up on will show just how much of a priority they are.

Taking it off the air for a month shows how much of a priority TNA is in Sky's world.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tna is immense right now, hopefully they will go on the road soon so casual fans will stop thinking of it like a rinky dink promotion
  • Options
    bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,707
    Forum Member
    I wonder if they could end up on Pick TV (replacing Sky 3) hence why Sky have said nothing as the channel was only anounced this morning.
This discussion has been closed.