Options

'Waiting for Chryed to Get It On' - Christian & Syed (Part 202)

Comments

• Options
    DessieDessie Posts: 5,731
    Forum Member
    Congrats, Dessie!

It really is lovely of her. :)

And I meant to say before- thanks, Katrina, for all the work you're putting into this. It's such a good thing to do! The more publicity the better.

And, it's got to be said, it's a far worthier cause than the other fundraising EE fandom.

Okay, I just laughed a little too much at that. :o:D Poor Danielle fans - wonder if they're still mourning or if some of them are looking back and going 'what the frick were we thinking?'

I'm not judging, by the way, there's many a fandom I look back on and think that... :cool:

I always remember Grace Dent's column on the matter: "Here's a question for you, Danielle fans! We saw Danielle dead. We saw Danielle buried. If she walked into the Vic tomorrow saying 'wow, that was one heck of a bump on the head', would that make EastEnders a) better or b) worse?"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,523
    Forum Member
    Just seen a group on facebook "A gay Muslim is still a Muslim: against homophobia in the mosque". So true :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    LMAO! :D I shouldn't laugh but... :p

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate it but everyone has been so wonderful. Mads has done a brilliant job with the vid, crazysusan is getting people to donate her at work and now Mercury is writing press releases to the magazines. DS and WW have been brilliant in supporting the cause. I mean it's only been a day and I'm overwhelmed!

any ideas on how i can persuade my mam to let me donate? :sleep:

they simply don't understand how important it is to me! :mad:
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dessie wrote: »
    Okay, I just laughed a little too much at that. :o:D Poor Danielle fans - wonder if they're still mourning or if some of them are looking back and going 'what the frick were we thinking?'

I'm not judging, by the way, there's many a fandom I look back on and think that... :cool:

I always remember Grace Dent's column on the matter: "Here's a question for you, Danielle fans! We saw Danielle dead. We saw Danielle buried. If she walked into the Vic tomorrow saying 'wow, that was one heck of a bump on the head', would that make EastEnders a) better or b) worse?"

Ha! :D I love Grace Dent. She used to support all the big brother contestants I was a fan of a bitch about the ones I hated in her weekly column :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

Same :( my parents are homophobic, Im gonna try to either do it without them knowing or get my half sister to do it for me :sleep: you havent got someone older you could give money to, and they donate it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,486
    Forum Member
    Congrats, Dessie!

It really is lovely of her. :)

And I meant to say before- thanks, Katrina, for all the work you're putting into this. It's such a good thing to do! The more publicity the better.

And, it's got to be said, it's a far worthier cause than the other fundraising EE fandom.

Please tell me this isn't outside Lauren Whatshername's own home.

Mads, took a look at your fundraising vid earlier - you've done a brilliant job with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen a group on facebook "A gay Muslim is still a Muslim: against homophobia in the mosque". So true :sleep:

hiya lovely :D

awwww :) that reminded me of this one:

i'm a good muslim, LOL JKS, my name is syed masood :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's worth showing her the Stonewall website and point out the work they do.

Also some stats over the amount of people who are killed and hurt every year, just because of thier sexuality.

If you can't reach your mum though, don't worry about it. You're here supporting the cause and that's what matters. It's not your fault your 12.*hugs*. One day, you'll be able to donate to who you please.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. It was outside of Elstree studios. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member

Mads, took a look at your fundraising vid earlier - you've done a brilliant job with it.

Im confused, is the road called 'Private Road' or is it a private road? :confused:
    hiya lovely :D

awwww :) that reminded me of this one:

i'm a good muslim, LOL JKS, my name is syed masood :p:D

Hey hun :)

Haha, and 'Syed is a Muslim but has a bit of Christian in him' :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think we're all sane enough to never do something like that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same :( my parents are homophobic, Im gonna try to either do it without them knowing or get my half sister to do it for me :sleep: you havent got someone older you could give money to, and they donate it?

all my family are pretty homophobic except me.

the youngest, yet i accept homosexuality, and i think it's pretty cool if you ask me :cool: and they just can't accept it, it's pathetic and really immature :(
  • Options
    MadWorld_NESMadWorld_NES Posts: 37,961
    Forum Member
    You might. :sleep:

As if. I'd disown y'all if anyone did that. I've done some seriously sad things in my time, but raising £300 for a dead fictional character's memorial? I'm not there yet. Mind, neither Christian or Syed has died yet. Grief does things to you. :sleep:

It's just.. I kinda feel embarrassed for them :p Didn't they make it outside Elstree for Santer to see but then security took it down before anyone arrived? :o

Have you tried showing her the page explaining why we're donating to the cause? :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone fancy tweeting the link to @MailOnline (Daily Fail) ;)
  • Options
    momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just.. I kinda feel embarrassed for them :p Didn't they make it outside Elstree for Santer to see but then security took it down before anyone arrived?

Yeah, I get such second-hand embarrassment from stuff like that. Though it's always reassuring to know no matter how sad you are, there's always someone sadder.

It took me absolutely ages to find that photo. It attracted so much media attention. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,261
    Forum Member
    PoppyMay wrote: »
    OMG :eek::eek: - is that real? They give fandoms a bad name :eek:

There is something similar set up in Cardiff for Ianto - it started with a few fans leaving flowers the day after the episode where he was killed, and then suddenly people were mailing me and others stuff from all over the world to be added. Ianto was a character that meant a lot to a lot of people, especially outcasts and people who had been bullied in the past, and this was a place where people shared just how much they had loved the character and how much good he had done in their lives. I, personally, wrote some stuff about my bisexuality and put it on there - everytime I visit it down at the Bay, there's something new there and it keeps growing. (Recent Picture)

I know it could be interpreted as silly, but it's a very special place for me. :o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's worth showing her the Stonewall website and point out the work they do.

Also some stats over the amount of people who are killed and hurt every year, just because of thier sexuality.

If you can't reach your mum though, don't worry about it. You're here supporting the cause and that's what matters. It's not your fault your 12.*hugs*. One day, you'll be able to donate to who you please.

don't worry, i haven't given up yet! i will try my best to donate! :)

i have shown her the website! she still doesn't get it :rolleyes: she just said ''where did you get the idea that you wanted to donate!?''

i couldn't tell her about the thread, so i just said ''cause it's a good cause, and it reminds me of chryed, and they mean a lot to me, so i think it's right that every homosexual out there should be treated the same as everyone else!'' and she ignored it :rolleyes:
    Haha, and 'Syed is a Muslim but has a bit of Christian in him' :p

omg, yeah! :D

oh, and ''i love my mum, LOL jks, her name is zainab masood'' :D
  • Options
    momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is something similar set up in Cardiff for Ianto - it started with a few fans leaving flowers the day after the episode where he was killed, and then suddenly people were mailing me and others stuff from all over the world to be added. Ianto was a character that meant a lot to a lot of people, especially outcasts and people who had been bullied in the past, and this was a place where people shared just how much they had loved the character and how much good he had done in their lives. I, personally, wrote some stuff about my bisexuality and put it on there - everytime I visit it down at the Bay, there's something new there and it keeps growing. (Recent Picture)

I know it could be interpreted as silly, but it's a very special place for me. :o:o

That's different, though. These people actually raised money together, and rather than giving it to a worthy cause, they did it to build a shrine to convince Santer to bring a dead character back to life- on a show which is based in reality so it's impossible. It'd be a bit different if everyone did it individually and it just grew, rather than it being a co-ordinated effort to raise money for something when they could use it for good instead.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,486
    Forum Member

Ha, I'll bet the local residents just loved that. The shrine cost £300 and probably knocked about 20% off the value of properties on that street.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,263
    Forum Member
    Just posted a message about the fundraising on the 'Gays of Daytime' website but for some reason I can't post a link to it - maybe due to content on that site..

It's on the General Board - my username there is mazalli. If anyone can link to it please do.

I may repost it on the Chryed section later.

Hope you're all ok with this...:)
  • Options
    who me?who me? Posts: 17,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My cooking skills know no bounds. That was a few years ago, I wish I could say my cooking skills have improved. They have not.

Still a nice surprise, though! Like last night's red button ep. /totally on-topic.

Thanks Steph...I knew I had another job to do and you just reminded me..the cat tray!:D

I bet it tasted lovely really.
    Not to mention an endless scene about candlesticks last night that made me near-homicidal. Seriously, couldn't they have just gone "I'll buy those candlesticks off you for £150?" "£200?" "Deal." and had the red button stuff in the actual ep? The stuff in the red button was much more interesting than anything that happened in the ep. .

I completely agree and not just because I was rude about your biscuits.

Dessie wrote: »
    Fundraising article now up on WW! (Because Ellie is a sweetheart and she loves us. :p)

That's great of her...lovely Ellie. Not enough to make me be nice about Roxy but almost.:p;):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I realised as soon as I'd written it that my post was mean. I take it back, but it was just the shock like......mourning the death of a character is one thing, but campaigning to bring her back years after her death on a soap which is (however dramatically) based on reality just makes me cringe. Mind, it's not my fandom and they can do what they like.
  • Options
    MadWorld_NESMadWorld_NES Posts: 37,961
    Forum Member

Thank you! :o:)
    Yeah, I get such second-hand embarrassment from stuff like that. Though it's always reassuring to know no matter how sad you are, there's always someone sadder.

It took me absolutely ages to find that photo. It attracted so much media attention. :o

I learnt that from some of the people in the Twilight fandom :o Honestly some of those fans are terrifying :eek:We all look like proper normal people who actually have lives compared to them!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    logiegreen wrote: »
    Just posted a message about the fundraising on the 'Gays of Daytime' website but for some reason I can't post a link to it - maybe due to content on that site..

It's on the General Board - my username there is mazalli. If anyone can link to it please do.

hello :) well, i'm okay with it :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Question though, if I change the URL on the justgiving page, will that mean the URL on the DS and WW page will become inactive?

Instead of Katrina at the end, I want "Chryed".
    logiegreen wrote: »

That's totally fine. :) and thank you!
This discussion has been closed.