Diana Vickers - Music to make the boys cry

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 673
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q62w4Xux4Tw

The title song from her new album is now available on her website.

Any thoughts?

I personally think her voice has matured quite a wee bit and although not my favorite Vickers song, its quite cool :)

So excited for her album in 2012!

Comments

• Deepest BlueDeepest Blue Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    Yeah I heard and got this the other day, it's a really nice tune.

I've always liked Diana and she was my favourite that year, will be getting her album. :)
  • NotaBadLadNotaBadLad Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    This song is really good, is she signed again now? Anybody have details of her new album?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like :)
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaBadLad wrote: »
    This song is really good, is she signed again now? Anybody have details of her new album?

Still not signed, but apparently she isn't looking for a label until the album is done..

Presumably if she's releasing a buzz single, its going to be close to completion, so hopefully an early 2012 release. :)

I can't wait personally. I love her first album so much, and I really like this song too!
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it certainly made me cry and not in a good way. Caterwauling old mess.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it 1984 again? Sounds like something Kim Wylde would have released....very unusual and a bit pap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Old.Tallen wrote: »
    Is it 1984 again? Sounds like something Kim Wylde would have released....very unusual and a bit pap.

I like but i agree re 80,s it reminded me a little of early madonna stuff
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah I really like its retro 80s sound. The video should be Diana leading an aerobics class.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    I liked it, but it's in desperate need of a Feed Me remix. Doesn't vary enough, and the texture is too thin in the choruses.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my goodness, I hadn't heard this before. I absolutely love it! It's such a lovely mixture of styles, have a feeling I'm going to be listening to more of this! :D
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i like it and love diana. i hope she gets signed soon. she`s really talented.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    i like it and love diana. i hope she gets signed soon. she`s really talented.
    I agree :):):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe she will get signed again and I am loving this new song now after a few listens :)
    Its very reminiscent of girls just wanna have fun :P

But as for her album, its scheduled for early 2012, I'd guess around March.

There have been rumors she will be getting signed - the guy who is like head of RCA is stepping down once a suitable replacement can be found, and is believed to be setting up another independent record label to which he will sign Diana as he originally signed her before.

If that rumor is untrue, I doubt it would be difficult for her to find a record deal ;)