Options

Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 20)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    Time to sell I'd say. Get as much out of Real as possible. By doing this its possibly reduced the fee.
  • Options
    TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damn idiot. Thanks for the good times Luis but we don't need this anymore. I can't more months of righteous rival fans using this as an easy means of venting their tribal angst.

Let's sell up and move on, assuming he's not banned out of the market.
  • Options
    clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Suarez is an idiot isn't he, I watched the England game, I couldn't believe it when I heard this, don't want to sell him though because of this, he's let himself down again but he's still a world class footballer and I love watching him play football

got to sort himself out.
  • Options
    taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,956
    Forum Member
    As he was walking off the pitch, it looks like he knew he was going to be in trouble He's certainly not celebrating getting to the next round of the World Cup. I wouldn't be surprised if, one way or another, that's the last we'll see him in this tournament.

Of course the ultimate irony is that he's been all over the media this week saying how happy he was to put England out because of the crap he gets from the UK media.
  • Options
    snukrsnukr Posts: 19,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope we sell him. We'll suffer as a result.. but I hope we cash in now and sell him for as much as we can and be rid of him.
    I'm inclined to agree with you, he's already the most hated player in the Player in the PL and this will make things even worse for him. If we can get £75m for him we should let him go.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrible, no need for it, we should get rid now.
  • Options
    Assa2Assa2 Posts: 10,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure anyone will buy him now, anyway, and I wouldn't want to sell him under these circumstances. Think FIFA may give him a long, long ban. Can they ban him from club football too?

One thing is for sure... DS is not going to be nice place to be for a while.
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We were complaining about the rumours in regards to his sale, maybe he reads DS?
  • Options
    TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Assa2 wrote: »
    Not sure anyone will buy him now, anyway, and I wouldn't want to sell him under these circumstances. Think FIFA may give him a long, long ban. Can they ban him from club football too?

It'll be fine if no fans try to defend him. He's gone beyond that now. Unlike Luis, we mustn't bite.
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Assa2 wrote: »

Fifa can only ban him from internationals.

I wouldn't sell him though. It's bad no doubt but still he didn't let us down last season and that's enough for me.

No jurisdiction on EPL/FA business.
  • Options
    Assa2Assa2 Posts: 10,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheSloth wrote: »
    It'll be fine if no fans try to defend him. He's gone beyond that now. Unlike Luis, we mustn't bite.

Problem is people will use this as an excuse to dredge up old stuff... Already have in fact. People calling him racist, for instance. I won't defend him for this situation but I will draw a line at libelous untruths.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    There have been worldwide bans for betting but IDK if that's been from FIFA or the respective fa.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    I watched the Italy v Uruguay game, Chiellini was at it all game, play-acting, screaming in the 1st half and probably in the ear of Suarez.
    But that doesnt excuse what Luis has done, Im gutted, Ive proper supported him through thick and thin and he goes and does this.
    Hope he doesnt get a bad ban and it puts a few people off signing him as we need him and his goals.
    I love watching him at Anfield week in week out in the flesh, he is a joy to watch but im gutted with this.
    I want him to stay though.
  • Options
    feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why doesn't he learn to headbutt like everyone else?
  • Options
    seelleeseellee Posts: 10,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have to accept the rough and the smooth with Suarez. People wanting him sold because of this are hypocrites. I'm sure you were all cheering him on last season?

He will always do these kind of things every now and then. I don't defend him anymore I just accept its Suarez.

He's an idiot but he's our idiot and having any outrage over him is just hypocritical now. We've come too far together to start throwing around faux outrage.

He's a pantomime villain and I love him. Sorry if that's not the popular reaction or it's not the narrative people like but I just don't care.
  • Options
    Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    What a season he's had Suarez, all those awards, all those world class performances

And then this, again

Can't say I want to go as far to say I want him sold, mind you I suppose we'd have a job on our hands to get the best price for him now, I don't know what too think...

But I am bitterly, utterly ashamed of him tonight

I don't understand it, he's got a brain hasn't he? Obviously he's got problems with his emotions in these highly intense big games, but.....god knows

Where we go from here, is going to be highly interesting and at the same time frustrating
  • Options
    kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member
    Suarez is a legend and no way we should sell!

gotta keep our best players.
  • Options
    taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,956
    Forum Member
    seellee wrote: »
    You have to accept the rough and the smooth with Suarez. People wanting him sold because of this are hypocrites. I'm sure you were all cheering him on last season?

He will always do these kind of things every now and then. I don't defend him anymore I just accept its Suarez.

He's an idiot but he's our idiot and having any outrage over him is just hypocritical now. We've come too far together to start throwing around faux outrage.

He's a pantomime villain and I love him. Sorry if that's not the popular reaction or it's not the narrative people like but I just don't care.

I have to disagree with your definition/ description of hypocrisy.

To cheer someone when performing very well is one thing. To criticise them for behaving like a tit, when they have clearly behaved like a tit, is something else. They are not the same thing.

It would be hypocritical not to be annoyed at Suarez then want to stick the boot into some other player when they drop themselves in it.
  • Options
    Par6Par6 Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    The defending of Suarez in this thread is unbelievable. " we want him to stay because he scores goals" is beyond belief. I believe that Suarez could murder the Queen and Liverpool fans would defend him, in fact the club would probably have t shirts printed saying " she was old anyway, what's the problem ?"
  • Options
    promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seellee wrote: »

I think that mentality can only go so far though. The cynic in me thinks it's almost as if he puts his teeth into action when he wants to change clubs!
  • Options
    seelleeseellee Posts: 10,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    promo-only wrote: »
    I think that mentality can only go so far though. The cynic in me thinks it's almost as if he puts his teeth into action when he wants to change clubs!

If anything I think this means he stays now. No way will any club want him. Good I say!
  • Options
    kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member
    Par6 wrote: »
    The defending of Suarez in this thread is unbelievable. " we want him to stay because he scores goals" is beyond belief. I believe that Suarez could murder the Queen and Liverpool fans would defend him, in fact the club would probably have t shirts printed saying " she was old anyway, what's the problem ?"

so wanting the club not to sell is defending him!!

Okay... please explain how you came up with that.

What he did today was terrible but he is a liverpool player and I dont want him to be sold.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He is obviously mentally unstable and should never play again.
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Par6 wrote: »
    He is obviously mentally unstable and should never play again.

Hyperbole much
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kobashi100 wrote: »
    so wanting the club not to sell is defending him!!

Okay... please explain how you came up with that.

What he did today was terrible but he is a liverpool player and I dont want him to be sold.

Why would you want to keep a player who is capable and thinks its acceptable to display such behaviour ?..............oh yes, I forgot, he scores goals, unreal.
This discussion has been closed.