Options

John & Edward's (Jedward's) Irish Tour

River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
Forum Member
✭✭
It's time this had it's own thread on the Main Forum for casual DS users who don't have time to wade through all 13 parts of the John & Edward Appreciation thread but that might be interested in what the twins are really up to these days.

Currently they are on a sold out 27 date tour of Ireland. Playing in 1200 - 3000 seater venues. It started on the 6th of April and will end in Galway on the 1st of May.

The set list:
I Gotta Feeling
Rock DJ
Oops I did it again
SOS - the Jonas Brothers not Abba
Break My Stride
We Will Rock You
Shake it - metro station
I'm your man
Jump - kriss kross
Pop Music
I Want Candy
Jump around
All the small things - blink 182
Bye Bye baby - bay city rollers

Encore
Ghost busters
Under Pressure reprise.

Under Pressure/Ice Ice Baby is still in the Irish chart top 10.

Can people who've gone post reviews and video links in here please so they are easy to find especially everyone at the J&E AT who went to the Dublin gig at last night.

If anyone has twitter they can follow the boys @planetjedward where they keep us all entertained with random nonsense and twitpics.

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Current highlights for me include:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kszvStViVDI&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9YS5jiHxUk

Edward's amazing knee slide! John's voice sounding a bit croaky though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zVcDre6_pY

Edward manages to fall off the stage - he's alright though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_u1Q_xdDJE
  • Options
    FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River_Tam wrote: »
    Current highlights for me include:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kszvStViVDI&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9YS5jiHxUk

Edward's amazing knee slide! John's voice sounding a bit croaky though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zVcDre6_pY

This is an absolute favourite of mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kszvStViVDI&feature=player_embedded

Punk Princes riding high, I hope they release this one as a single!

The XF seems blissfully far away ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jedward Interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvL4o5WRAbg

Astonishingly, Edward has to do most of the talking because John has to rest his voice. Edward is perfectly capable of handling an interview. The best interview I've actually seen and not because John isn't speaking, but they're both relaxed and chilled out.

They aren't going to disappear any time soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucie Jones was on Twitcam last night and she said she missed John and Edward and she is going attend the Irish tour. I expect them all to go. Sell out tour it may be, but they'll find spaces for their friends.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    interviews actually tend to make more sense if edward is in charge of them. Not always, obviously! John has got a tendency to start talking and then think about what he's saying and not finishing in the direction in which he started. I love him for it cos it's very funny

Did lucie archive her twitcam?
    Jamie afro asked on his twitter how the twins shows went and for some you tube clips to watch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    interviews actually tend to make more sense if edward is in charge of them. Not always, obviously! John has got a tendency to start talking and then think about what he's saying and not finishing in the direction in which he started. I love him for it cos it's very funny

Did lucie archive her twitcam?
    Jamie afro asked on his twitter how the twins shows went and for some you tube clips to watch.

No, she didn't archive it, unfortunately.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's only when you see them in action,that you realise why they're having occasional mishaps.Their stage routine is absolutely frenetic.For songs like Oops,I Did It Again and Under Pressure it is carefully choreographed but for many of the others,their performances are completely freestyle and spontaneous,charging up and down the staircase and doing cartwheels and somersaults all over the place :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i've seen them in action I know exactly why there are mishaps! The real wonder is why there aren't more of them!
    They are loads more fun free styling and cartwheeling all over the stage.
  • Options
    Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i've seen them in action I know exactly why there are mishaps! The real wonder is why there aren't more of them!

You don't have to have seen them in action to know why there are mishaps anyway, that's rubbish. You just have to know what the twins are like! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know! Their performances are so frenetic and almost frenzied that it would be dificult to avoid any mishaps given the sheer volume of choreography and freestyle dancing they pack in :D
  • Options
    Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had the best time at the tour last night. I went with a lot of people from the John and Edward Appreciation Thread here on DS plus a friend of mine. I sat with my friend and from the moment the thing started till the very end we were just dancing. The boys really know how to get a crowd going. Poor John has very little voice left, which makes me think a little break is in order. Unfortunately they have loads of shows left.

My favourite performances were Oops I Did It Again (!!!!!!!!), Under Pressue (because I know the rap & dance ;)) and Ghostbusters and from the new songs I loved "Shake it" and "I Want Candy".

John and Edward spoke to the crowd quite a bit saying Dublin is the best crowd ever :p and they thanked us for getting them to number one (all of Ireland).

There was a mix of ages there, from very young children, to older people. Most people over 35 were with children as far as I could see but they seemed to enjoy the concert all the same! :)

They wore a variety of outfits from the X Factor which was so cool. :D

Shoutout to Ghetto Fabulous who were the support act and back up dancers, they were amazing!

Loved the whole show and have to laugh that these two make people so angry. Just... why?! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/music/harmless-wholesome-fun-has-never-been-so-entertaining-jedward-the-helix-2133080.htm

Why can't they just admit they were really surprised that they really enjoyed themselves?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My own report from the Helix Theatre,Dublin on Friday,April 9th.

The audience for the concert was definitely on the young side,primarily under the age of 16,but there was a smattering of older people to be seen all around the theatre.

The show started at 7.30pm sharp with the theme music from the X Factor.The MC for the evening was Liam McKenna,formerly of the Irish Popstars band Six and who these days works as part of the X Factor production team.He spent the next 30 minutes interacting with the crowd and handing out signed Jedward items,before Dublin street dance group Ghetto Fabulous took to the stage.They performed a variety of energetic dance routines over the next 30 minutes or so.

John and Edward finally took to the stage at 8.35pm,entering from the back of the theatre,and coming through the audience to the theme music of Rocky,surrounded by minders and to deafening screams from the audience.

With that it was straight into the songs.I Gotta Feeling got us underway and was most notable for the twins colliding with each other in the middle of the song.But when you see how spontaneous and freestyle and unrehearsed their performances are,it's no surprise that minor mishaps keep happening.

This was followed by Rock DJ which got a rapturous response from the audience and for which Edward donned sunglasses.

Then came the first very speedy costume change and we saw the twins in their familiar red PVC suits from the X Factor and with the same choreography too.One good thing is that we are now getting three minute plus versions of all the X Factor songs.

I liked all five of their X factor songs.We Will Rock You was amazingly good and had the crowd clapping and singing along in unison.The twins donned their full length black coats for this one.

The audience were teased by opening bassline of Under Pressure starting and stopping several times before they finally launched into the song proper to deafening screams from everyone.

I think Louis has chosen their set list well.Nearly every song was midtempo or uptempo and and requiring high energy performances from the twins.Of the new songs,I liked Jump Around,I Want Candy,Jump and Pop Musik.For the two Jump songs J & E urged the audience to jump and down in unison with them.

The twins adressed the audience several times during the night and we saw plenty of interaction with the fans too.Occasionally an Irish flag would be tossed onto the stage which the boys would wave around and then return to the audience.Once or twice they took a Jedward poster from the fans and held it up for everyone to see.

Last two songs of the night were Ghostbusters followed by a second rendition of Under Pressure before J & E thanked everyone for coming.

When you see how frenetic and energetic their performances are (non stop dancing and numerous cartwheels and somersaults),you realise that Jedward are a very strong live act first and foremost and that this is their forte.We will undoubtedly see more singles and albums from them,but their immediate future will surely see them do a lot of live performances over the next 12-18 months.Everyone who saw them came away from the concert entertained (myself included) :)
  • Options
    christenerifechristenerife Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Eurostar, that sounds great !!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Eurostar, that sounds great !!

Don't mention it Chris! Hope you get a chance to fly over for one of the gigs on the UK tour.....it will be well worth the trip :)
  • Options
    DisnaeDisnae Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    Thanks for all the reviews re the tour.:) I'm glad it is all going so well and delighted the boys are being so well received everywhere they go. The Irish tour has certainly been a big success!:cool:

(I notice that sales of Under Presssure have picked up a bit again. I think the boys had dropped out of the Uk top 100 but they're back in at 88 this week (http://www.theofficialcharts.com/singles-chart/) and back up to no 5 in Ireland, maybe because of the tour. )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disnae wrote: »
    Thanks for all the reviews re the tour.:) I'm glad it is all going so well and delighted the boys are being so well received everywhere they go. The Irish tour has certainly been a big success!:cool:

(I notice that sales of Under Presssure have picked up a bit again. I think the boys had dropped out of the Uk top 100 but they're back in at 88 this week (http://www.theofficialcharts.com/singles-chart/) and back up to no 5 in Ireland, maybe because of the tour. )

Interesting they actually re entered the UK chart at all.
    Some lovely tweets from the DJ on tour with them.

"On way to derry having a laugh with Jedward on the tour bus... My sides are sore from laughing at these 2 "

"Just realised this is the best job in the world, cause john and edward are the nicest and funniest guys ive ever met "

Thanks to that initial editing on x factor they are going to have to convince a lot of people about that one person at a time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the tour is definitely behind this Disnae : I could see the boys rising up even higher up the chart next week with a whole week full of gigs behind them :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Interesting they actually re entered the UK chart at all.
    Some lovely tweets from the DJ on tour with them.

"On way to derry having a laugh with Jedward on the tour bus... My sides are sore from laughing at these 2 "

"Just realised this is the best job in the world, cause john and edward are the nicest and funniest guys ive ever met "

Thanks to that initial editing on x factor they are going to have to convince a lot of people about that one person at a time.
    Aw, those are lovely comments by the DJ.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I know, the x-factor has a lot to answer for.

Mind you, I think they have the determination to convert the world's entire population if they set their minds to it...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    I think the tour is definitely behind this Disnae : I could see the boys rising up even higher up the chart next week with a whole week full of gigs behind them :)
    that would be brilliant, if it happened. :) They've done excellently in the Irish charts though anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 word = AMAZING :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that would be brilliant, if it happened. :) They've done excellently in the Irish charts though anyway.

Yes,10 weeks on the chart now : must be one of the best selling singles of the year :D