Sally Traffic and Chris Tarrant

littlefrolittlefro Posts: 3,119
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This is bugging me now. Listening on my personal radio at work, I caught a tail end of a conversation which ended with I think, Sally saying that Chris was being rude. It happened very early on in the week (Monday I think). The very next day Sally was suddenly on holiday 'doing some concreting.' No other explanations given but because it was so sudden I just knew whatever was said it had to be serious.

It's been a chore having Tarrant and his ego doing Wright's show. He talks over everyone and there is no proper mix of music, itmostly rock and heavy metal all the way. The show is all about him and he just grates at that time of the afternoon.

Back to the subject, does anyone know what was said to spark Sally's early holiday?

Comments

• bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    littlefro wrote: »
    It's been a chore having Tarrant and his ego doing Wright's show. He talks over everyone and there is no proper mix of music, itmostly rock and heavy metal all the way. The show is all about him and he just grates at that time of the afternoon.

At least with a mix like that, certain wallpaper stations cannot accuse Radio Two of 'stealing' there audience!! :D
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I very much doubt there is any heavy metal on Tarrants show.
  • fatmancunianfatmancunian Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    At least with a mix like that, certain wallpaper stations cannot accuse Radio Two of 'stealing' there audience!! :D

...stealing THEIR audience
  • ShrewnShrewn Posts: 6,840
    Forum Member
    I've enjoyed the CT / Sally bits, he's no more cheeky than Walker was with her.

I've liked him covering, Wright is abysmal in my mind, awful, awful show, I dread him coming back
  • TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrewn wrote: »
    I've enjoyed the CT / Sally bits, he's no more cheeky than Walker was with her.

I personally think La Boazman sees herself as a bit of a diva on the quiet
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember back in the the day the great banter that CT had with Russ Kane when russ did the flying eye
    Forum Member
    COTTONHEAT wrote: »
    I remember back in the the day the great banter that CT had with Russ Kane when russ did the flying eye

Yes, all he's doing is having the same knock about stuff he had with Russ and Kara. I can't see she'd get the hump
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    COTTONHEAT wrote: »

Before him it was Brian Woolfe
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The OB is reading into it. There were some silly comments between each other, but I don't think Sally has suddenly taking a Holiday because of this. Nick Duncalf is on duty.
  • Mapperley RidgeMapperley Ridge Posts: 9,922
    Forum Member
    Guess what, I think it's what's called... a genuine holiday. Shock horror.

Sally Traffic loves doing extended banter with presenters, but gets less chance to do it with Steve Wright because there's either no room for her as well as his ego, or that bit of the show's pre-recorded.

Or perhaps she's the Old Woman?
    Forum Member
    GeorgeS wrote: »

Well there's certainly been plenty of classic rock on the Battle of the Oldies feature. Maybe not heavy, but certainly sounding more metal than the usual [let's talk over all of the] Non Stop Oldies feature.
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guess what, I think it's what's called... a genuine holiday. Shock horror.

yes this banter stuff is pretty obvious to most, but not all it seems.

if i didnt want to work with someone and walked out, i'd just have to keep on walking.......
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »

I just happened to be listening a while back and he was playing Jimi Hendrix.:)
  • North DownsNorth Downs Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally think La Boazman sees herself as a bit of a diva on the quiet

Sally Boazman is a bit of a prima donna and seems to think whoevers show she is on it all revolves around her. I think Johnnie Walker had her well weighed up so to speak and used to have a laugh at her expense, very amusing, miss those days.
  • MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CT was on The One Show tonight and he said he loves being on Radio 2 because he can play
    whatever he likes so he's been indulging himself in stuff like Led Zep!

Sally enjoys a bit of rude banter and has often used innuendoes with Johnnie, Chris etc etc
  • TheWayItIsTheWayItIs Posts: 4,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That was pre-1985, before Tarrant took over the Breakfast Show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheWayItIs wrote: »
    That was pre-1985, before Tarrant took over the Breakfast Show.

I know Grahame Dean presented it:)
    Forum Member

Whenever I hear his name I always think of the clip on the Great Rock and Roll Swindle with Dave Cash saying he couldn't play God Save The Queen - but it would be played on Brian Woolfe's Open Line later on

Incidently, was it BW on those Nesscafe ads in the 80's with Gareth Hunt?
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CT was on The One Show tonight and he said he loves being on Radio 2 because he can play
    whatever he likes so he's been indulging himself in stuff like Led Zep!

Sally enjoys a bit of rude banter and has often used innuendoes with Johnnie, Chris etc etc

I enjoyed him on the One show and Radio 2 at present. It's a good way to promote him for station. I hope he either covers more shows or gets show.
  • TheWayItIsTheWayItIs Posts: 4,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know Grahame Dean presented it:)

That's right. Tarrant replaced Graham Dene in 1987. :)
  • notfussynotfussy Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite enjoying Chris Tarrant in for Steve Wright on Radio 2.

Any ideas when Steve is back?
    Forum Member
    I also saw Tarrant on the One Show and thought he came across really well. I have to admit he's one of my broadcasting heroes, so I'm obviously biased. But his latest stint at Radio 2 has been far more successful than his last - and his disasterous show on Smooth/Real. He sounds back on form, and genuinely relaxed with what he's doing.

Previously I said people shouldn't read too much into his act - but this time round I'd hope that Radio 2 takes a good look at its schedule and tries to make room for CT somewhere.
  • PowerplayPowerplay Posts: 4,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also saw Tarrant on the One Show and thought he came across really well. I have to admit he's one of my broadcasting heroes, so I'm obviously biased. But his latest stint at Radio 2 has been far more successful than his last - and his disasterous show on Smooth/Real. He sounds back on form, and genuinely relaxed with what he's doing.

Previously I said people shouldn't read too much into his act - but this time round I'd hope that Radio 2 takes a good look at its schedule and tries to make room for CT somewhere.

I wholeheartedly agree! I've enjoyed listening to Chris Tarrant, because he is a creative, entertaining, intelligent listen. I hope the BBC can offer him a regular slot! :)
  • DuckSeasonDuckSeason Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    littlefro wrote: »
    there is no proper mix of music, itmostly rock and heavy metal all the way.

This is a bad thing? OK fair enough not everyone's into classic rock, but for me It's a great breath of fresh air since it doesn't get played nearly as often.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    Back to the subject, does anyone know what was said to spark Sally's early holiday?

Pretty sure that Sally is taking time off to work on her garden, as she mentioned on simon mayo's show a couple of weeks (something about a new shed costing her a grand to sort it all out).