Loose Women axe Kate Thornton & Zoe Tyler

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
Forum Member
✭✭
As a regular viewer of the show I'm really surprised by this news. I agree that Kate can be a complete know it all at times and be quite disrespectful to other members of the panel but I did expect to see her return for a third series in September. Ratings must obviously be down most on her anchoring days on Mondays and Thursdays. Also I can't understand why sooooo many people dislike Zoe Tyler on here - sure she's a bit of a loudmouth but I find her quite entertaining the majority of the time. If producers wanted to freshen up the panel they should have axed Sherrie Hewson for starters. I would love if they brought Jackie Brambles back as anchor but sadly I don't see that happening.

Comments

• cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dory353 wrote: »
    As a regular viewer of the show I'm really surprised by this news. I agree that Kate can be a complete know it all at times and be quite disrespectful to other members of the panel but I did expect to see her return for a third series in September. Ratings must obviously be down most on her anchoring days on Mondays and Thursdays. Also I can't understand why sooooo many people dislike Zoe Tyler on here - sure she's a bit of a loudmouth but I find her quite entertaining the majority of the time. If producers wanted to freshen up the panel they should have axed Sherrie Hewson for starters. I would love if they brought Jackie Brambles back as anchor but sadly I don't see that happening.

I dont watch the show often but have caught the repeats recently when around 6pm after work. I dont mind Kate, she does like to make sure her opinion is heard but I prefer to hear her views and then Andrea. I agree that Sherrie should go and I'm not fussed on Zoe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    Why don't they go a step further and just axe the show? :yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not that keen on Zoe but didn't mind Kate, at least she wasn't some wet nelly.
    Sherrie should have gone a long time ago
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,956
    Forum Member
    I'd rather that they had kept Kate over Sherrie
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I rarely watch the show, just sometimes on lunch break at work, but I always thought Kate was good as she had balls and seemed to know what she was talking about most of the time, unlike the others who usually just offer uninformed opinions.

Never warmed to Zoe Tyler though.

At the end of the day, Loose Women isn't even a good programme so it doesn't really matter. It's more or less just a load of fame hungry, attention seeking, female "celebrities" who whinge all the time. Nobody ever says anything insightful or intelligent - just the usual wisecracks about men and sex. Snore.
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    Geiting rid of Kate and Zoe makes no sense when Cilla Black and Denise Welch are still regulars.
  • lovely_ladylovely_lady Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    Shall we have a whip round for them?
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised about Kate, but never really cared much for Zoe
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it is a wonder that Thornton is employed by anyone
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kate was ok. I liked it when she did challenge some of the other panelists' opinions. It was a better discussion instead of here's what I think 3x over.

I think she was let go because she won't tell her sorrowful break-up story. Have you noticed that practically once a month (maybe more a month) there's been one Loose Women panelist sob story? Denise and her drunkard and infidelity antics, Coleen and her weight (that didn't save her either), Sherri and her sexual assault by a co-worker, Lisa with her illegitimate child, and then recently Andrea with her weight problem. I think Linda might have sold a story too.

These stories didn't garner them more viewers did it?

Zoe: she wasn't on there enough so she was dispensable. She also didn't sell her story.

Yes, they should get rid of Sherrie. She's your drunken dotty grandmother...maybe that's her appeal. You never know what she's going to say. However, I don't like people acting like drunkards.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kate Thornton has got the sack again, how she was given another job is beyond me anyway, she is so in your face with such tripe no wonder she is on the dole. As for Zoe what's her name, she will be going back to what she does best and for the life of me I can't think of what that could be.
  • joules22joules22 Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not bothered about Zoe, but I quite like Kate. Others more appropriate to go would be Cilla (awful) Sherrie (boring) Denise (too much). I did like Jane MacDonald, I like Carol, Janet and Lynda.

Carol will be annoyed to hear herself described as once married to Chris Evans in the Daily Wail!
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Why have they kept Andrea? She is so dumb for an anchor especially.
  • EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    Kate was good when she first started but she's far too full of herself these days. Zoe has never been great, I have no idea how she lasted as long as she has.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loose Women axe Kate Thornton & Zoe Tyler

Hooray
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,956
    Forum Member
    gav016 wrote: »
    Geiting rid of Kate and Zoe makes no sense when Cilla Black and Denise Welch are still regulars.

Yeah not a fan of her on the panel at all.
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    Yeah not a fan of her on the panel at all.

Her only purpose on that panel is to find ways to integrate words into sentences that allow her to display that luidcrous false accent. I have no idea why she's still there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First the X factor now this what is it with Kate...she is ok never liked her much on X F but she was ok on loose woman
  • rubyred25rubyred25 Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use to watch at work, but had to swith off. I don't like Kate, Lisa, Linda, and did like KAYE ADAMS Nadia Swaylia(spelt wrong). Why Andrea is still employed is the big mystery, she is so dull, and boring, and needs to go back and talk to a blank screen. I use to like Carol, but Mark has taken the old carol away, and left a stepford wife. Don't like Sarah either, liked Josie Gibbons when on. Just needs tweeking a bit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    I can't say i care :D
  • rubyred25rubyred25 Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    I can't say i care :D

You took the time to post;)
  • BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This used to be a reasonable programme with Kaye Adams and Nadia S, but has now deteriorated so badly with most of the panel being up their own. I don't watch much at all these days but sometimes just have it on in the background. The guests are given so little time and are talked over, the guests are often but by no means always of little interest.
  • Keyb0ardWarri0rKeyb0ardWarri0r Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    Possibly the producers have seen the threads on here about Loose Women, most posts that mentioned Kate were not complimentary and were mostly about her attitude and the way she treats Lynda Bellingham. Not a fan of Zoe really, surprised how she got the job as I thought they were supposed to be famous women and I'd never even heard of her until she popped up on the show, she does act likes she's famous though and name drops often.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sometimes you have to love the Daily Mail. They've got Denise Welch down as 63!

The returning presenters include actresses Lynda Bellingham, 63, Denise Welch, 63, and Lisa Maxwell, 47; former weathergirl Andrea McLean, 41; and the show’s longest-serving presenter, Chris Evans’s former wife Carol McGiffin, 51.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    Sometimes you have to love the Daily Mail. They've got Denise Welch down as 63!

Haha classic DM! :D

It's not a proper DM article if there isn't at least one spelling mistake or one piece of inaccurate data :p