Will Kierston Wareing be as popular as Jo Joyner was?

Black VelvetBlack Velvet Posts: 702
Forum Member
✭✭
Just been reading this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2302464/Jo-Joyner-leave-EastEnders-indefinitely.html

When Kirsty first appeared in Easties I never saw her stepping into Tanya's shoes but now I suppose that's exactly what she's going to do as Jo Joyner is leaving and I don't know if she will ever come back?
The times that Kirsty has been in episodes I can't say that I get the impression that people like her very much? I have read comments on here that she looks like a hooker etc.
And if the what I read in one of the soap mags today comes true then Kirsty tells Max that she is pregnant. Mind the same mag said that both Kirsty and Tanya find themselves pregnant.
Will Kierston Wareing's character Kirsty be as popular down the line as Jo Joyner's Tanya was?
Jo won a lot of soap awards. Not sure if Kierston will be as popular?

Comments

• Milton JonesMilton Jones Posts: 2,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, she probably will end up being as big a flop as roxy.
  • EEforestEEforest Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I already prefer her.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She's got a lot of potential. I can't see her putting up with as much as Tanya had too! I can see her wanting to stay with Max, but I can also see her giving as good as she gets!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its too early to call TBH . When you think about it we have not had a massive amount on Kirsty screen time . Perhaps there is more to her than meets the eye, which is always the case in Soapland

I really wish it was Max that was leaving rather than Tanya :cry::(
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    People forget how popular Tanya actually was because of how unpopular she is these days, it clouds their judgement.
  • -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    No, she probably will end up being as big a flop as roxy.

I wouldn't call Roxy a flop, fair enough she might be unlikeable at times but she is a decent and popular character
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    -Batman- wrote: »
    I wouldn't call Roxy a flop, fair enough she might be unlikeable at times but she is a decent popular character

Roxy is a hanger on character.

She can't stand alone, always needs someone else propping her up. Ronnie, Sean, Christian (they both helped one another there) and now Alfie.

I couldn't actually tell you what she is like because her character changes any direction depending on the story.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont think Kierston Wareing will stay in the show for seven years like Jo Joyner has...
  • hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't call Roxy a flop, fair enough she might be unlikeable at times but she is a decent and popular character

She's AWFUL, and well past her sell by date.

Kirsty is much more interesting character, I just wish they would get her away from Max, the branning's and this pregnancy.:sleep:
  • Sarah_CollinsSarah_Collins Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    I liked Kirsty the second she come into it.
    Not really a fan of Jo/Tanya.
  • Milton JonesMilton Jones Posts: 2,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What is she even doing still in the square, I mean seriously. She's spent her life under archies money, her father was killed there, her sister got arrested there. And she has no family there. What is she still doing there, and I dont buy this alfie thing either, I'm sure roxy would have a few suitors.
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is she even doing still in the square, I mean seriously. She's spent her life under archies money, her father was killed there, her sister got arrested there. And she has no family there. What is she still doing there, and I dont buy this alfie thing either, I'm sure roxy would have a few suitors.

Does she still have the Mansion in Essex?
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has a lot of potential as a character but it the same old usual of wither the TBTB bother to utilize that and not get stuck in the same ruck they normally go with any woman involved with Max, KW is a decent actress but I don't see her staying for years, if she just a Tanya substitute then it will just be a pointless exercise tbh, I think with the way things are atm anything is game.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Kirsty. However, the writing is very yo-yo for her. One episode she is likeable, the next she seems bitchy, the next she is likeable...etc.
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    I wish they hadn't got Kirsty pregnant so soon. Babies tend to tie characters down too much.
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    No! I can't say I like her at all. I don't think the actress is all that brilliant either. Sure she will be a good bitch but that's about it.
    Make her a bitch...she comes a cropper and then have her die a painful and lonely death.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kirsty/Kierston are great she could become a great character if the writing is there for her and right now its pityful and makes her look weak and tacky! But in my eyes she's already a million miles better than Tanya!
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    No! I can't say I like her at all. I don't think the actress is all that brilliant either. Sure she will be a good bitch but that's about it.
    Make her a bitch...she comes a cropper and then have her die a painful and lonely death.

I agree with this. And I don't even think she is a good bitch. She is just pathetic, sneering at Tanya and interfering with Max's kids. She just seems way too selfish to ever be likeable to me.

Tanya isn't perfect, but she's a damn sight better than Kirsty, and Jo is a far superior actress, I'm not going to be a fan of Kirsty as long as she is in the show. I just don't like the character or rate the actress.
  • Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE will be lucky to hang onto Kierston, she can do a lot better than the show atm
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I agree with this. And I don't even think she is a good bitch. She is just pathetic, sneering at Tanya and interfering with Max's kids. She just seems way too selfish to ever be likeable to me.

Tanya isn't perfect, but she's a damn sight better than Kirsty, and Jo is a far superior actress, I'm not going to be a fan of Kirsty as long as she is in the show. I just don't like the character or rate the actress.
    When she got locked out of that Flat while Max got beat up I just laughed at her acting....Cringed the whole time. It felt like a mess around rather than an actual scene.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    I don't think so.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    When she got locked out of that Flat while Max got beat up I just laughed at her acting....Cringed the whole time. It felt like a mess around rather than an actual scene.

Tbh, the only time I've found her bearable was when she showed up at the door during Christmas. But even then she became annoying. The actress is bad because she pulls these weird faces, and the writing isn't helping her case either.
  • -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I don't think so either IMO Kierston is far to good to stay in EE for the length Jo has but I think she will be popular until she decides to move onto better things
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Tbh, the only time I've found her bearable was when she showed up at the door during Christmas. But even then she became annoying. The actress is bad because she pulls these weird faces, and the writing isn't helping her case either.
    This:)
    Of course the writing doesn't help but a decent actress will be good no matter what is written for them,
  • BigDuckBigDuck Posts: 4,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like her.

But I do wonder if she'll stick around long enough.