Options

WWE UK HD Start Date Official

Comments

• Options
    04mattstep04mattstep Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brilliant news thank you very much!!

just hope that these listings are right though because this is listings for sky sports 3 not on the sky sports HD channels?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    bloodywolf wrote: »

Let's hope your right, but at the moment it's not listed on Sky Sports HD1 or HD2 which makes me skeptical.

Hope we hear an official announcement soon though.
  • Options
    Blake ConnollyBlake Connolly Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    Perhaps more interesting, this isn't listed on HD1 or 2. The HD channel listings mirror Sky Sports 1 & 2 every day, as most HD viewers know, that's not normal.

Can only mean one thing, Sky Sports HD 3.
  • Options
    04mattstep04mattstep Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes it must mean sky sports HD 3!!!!!

or maybe it could be the interactive HD red button?
  • Options
    remlapremlap Posts: 6,256
    Forum Member
    No they dont, they mirror whatever they have in HD,

Rugby Union is on SKY Sports 3 SD but airs on 2 HD ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looking through the listings, it seems HD1 & 2 start only simulcasting Sky Sports 1 & 2 every day, from mid Feb.

Looks like any HD programmes are being moved off Sky Sports Xtra, like the Champions League. Rugby in the morning of March 17 is the first HD programme on Sky Sports 3 that isn't listed on HD1 or 2.

Unless these listings are wrong, we're getting a third Sky Sports HD channel on March 17th.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    remlap wrote: »

What I meant is after a certain point (Feb 20) they start mirroring Sky Sports 1 & 2 every day.

Yeah, could mean red button, but it'd be used a lot in that case. The HD red button uses the bandwidth of one of the Box Office HD channels, which goes off air when the red button is in use. If you see how much HD is planned for SS3 on March 29th, looks like it would put the Box Office channel out of action all day, so unless the listings are wrong, it's pointing to a new HD channel.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,726
    Forum Member
    hope this means HD3, i know they are/we're planning on HD3 maybe the WWE HD contract is what they were waiting on to get the channel going.

edit: there are currently 4 HD test channels ongoing (check sky channels thread)
    :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Wow, if this is confirmed it's excellent news. No ECW in HD for the first week apparently, however: not that big of a deal but I just noticed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mr. Tate wrote: »
    Wow, if this is confirmed it's excellent news. No ECW in HD for the first week apparently, however: not that big of a deal but I just noticed.

heat, bottom line and aftermath are showing as SD only too, might be a mistake or oversight.

just seen some golf is listed as hd aswell on sky sports 3 and with them showing 22 golf events hd this year it seems HD3 is a good bet next month:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    heat, bottom line and aftermath are showing as SD only too, might be a mistake or oversight.

just seen some golf is listed as hd aswell on sky sports 3 and with them showing 22 golf events hd this year it seems HD3 is a good bet next month:D

Botton Line and Afterburn are still produced in SD for the states. HD is only the 3 main shows, PPV and a recap on USA called AM Raw
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Botton Line and Afterburn are still produced in SD for the states. HD is only the 3 main shows, PPV and a recap on USA called AM Raw

ahh right, wasn't sure if they were still SD. be great to see raw and smackdown in HD, especially if on HD3.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    remlap wrote: »

i agree . if it did mirror the channels , if you only had sports 1 you would get sports 1 hd. it would be like the movies
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 330
    Forum Member
    Wiki states a Sky Sports 3 HD will launch in March 08
  • Options
    andybno1andybno1 Posts: 6,142
    Forum Member

thats sky sports 3 not a HD channel I couldn't see anywhere about it being in HD, but hey I've known for a couple weeks wwe goes HD for wrestlemania anyway so yeh lol I think after wrestlemania its all HD?
  • Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like the op as added 2+2 and got the answer 3HD
    bb0118 wrote: »
    Wiki states a Sky Sports 3 HD will launch in March 08

I recall reading on Wiki that the sky+ box recorded onto an internal Betamax taping system about a year ago , so it must be true
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 330
    Forum Member
    From the sounds of it, Sky Sports 3 HD launches on March 17th so each Sports HD channel will mirror the SD version, so although theres nothing coming up for HD1 and 2 showing Raw Live, HD3 (which is not been listed yet) will do.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so with sports3 Hd do you think it will go like the movies ie if you just subscrible to sports 1 you will be able to get sports 1 HD?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    ssstevej wrote: »
    so with sports3 Hd do you think it will go like the movies ie if you just subscrible to sports 1 you will be able to get sports 1 HD?

You have to have a HD sub to receive HD channels.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is superb news! I am pleased sky have finally got us it in HD :D not even widescreen but HD too :D ace!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Seems like the op as added 2+2 and got the answer 3HD

I recall reading on Wiki that the sky+ box recorded onto an internal Betamax taping system about a year ago , so it must be true

Re-read my original post and tell me where I talk about Sky Sports 3HD
  • Options
    DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So they broadcast in HD but 4:3 rather than 16:9 or has it been so long since I seen it that they already do the widescreen thing?
  • Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re-read my original post and tell me where I talk about Sky Sports 3HD

Ok , Show me an official announcement that backs it up , this link is to a listing for SS3 , whilst it does now state its on HD1 and widescreen to , but it could be a typical Wiki "type" input mistake

Just like this afternoons Tv guide for SS1 which doesn't list the kunchtime game between MUFC V's MC , its not listed so it can't be on , can it ?

Oh yes , its a mistake
  • Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    DarthFader wrote: »
    So they broadcast in HD but 4:3 rather than 16:9 or has it been so long since I seen it that they already do the widescreen thing?
    Nobody transmits HD in 4:3.
    That would be completely non-standard.
    All HD is 16:9.
    The States only went widescreen when they went HD.
    They have never had SD 16:9 as we have, and probably never will, and their SD will always be 4:3.
    :)
  • Options
    remlapremlap Posts: 6,256
    Forum Member
    Dave-H wrote: »
    Nobody transmits HD in 4:3.
    That would be completely non-standard.
    All HD is 16:9.

What about SKY Arts and their classic movies in HD :rolleyes:
    Dave-H wrote: »
    The States only went widescreen when they went HD.
    They have never had SD 16:9 as we have, and probably never will, and their SD will always be 4:3.
    :)

FOX trailed SD Widescreen earlier this decade :)