Options

Peter Petrelli's scar

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 917
Forum Member
✭✭
Now, back in Season 1 of Heroes, when Peter appears on the train to Hiro (and also in the 5-year flash-forward), Peter has a scar. How does he get this scar? He's got Claire's power of regeneration, and he's got it double if he's picked it up from Adam as well, so how does he manage to scar? Does he choose to not heal? Is this something that they can do?

Also, (slight spoiler)
In the pics from Season 3, he has the scar, but I still can't figure out how it happens.

If this is something that gets figured out/explained in the Season finale, then I'll look very silly!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The pictures of scarred Peter in Season 3 are set in the future
  • Options
    AquajaneyAquajaney Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In 5 years in the future Peter hadn't met Claire as he hadn't 'saved the cheerleader' so he didn't have the regenerative powers
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Then how'd he live through the whole exploding body thing?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He didn't have to. Sylar had accomplished his goal and was President of the US (posing as Nathan).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I assumed he caused an explosion rather than exploded himself, Ted never seemed to come to any ill effects from his powers.

When he blew the Bennetts house up the next time we saw him he didn't have a mark on him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think i'm starting to understand, but i've just realised that i said peter comes to hiro on the train, when what i meant to say was future hiro comes to peter on the train.

so the scar in season 1 is because of the alternate timeline where peter and claire never meet, is that right?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I don't know if it is explained anywhere who gives Peter the scar though
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fairypenny wrote: »
    so the scar in season 1 is because of the alternate timeline where peter and claire never meet, is that right?

Apparently. Although how he can then
    have a scar in the season 3 pictures
    is rather a mystery considering he has met both Claire and Adam.
  • Options
    lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like there's a big bad villian who can stop Peter from healing. Poses well for season 3.
  • Options
    The PhazerThe Phazer Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member
    lordo350 wrote: »
    Looks like there's a big bad villian who can stop Peter from healing. Poses well for season 3.

Presumably the Haitian can do that - any injuries inflicted while he's around are permanent.

Phazer
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he would just heal when the haitian leaves. i dont know how he gets it or if he ever will.
    Although if he has it in season 3 it will be from an alternate timeline i guess, they have said that they are going to have people from different time lines in the same time if you know what i mean i.e two Peters farting about the same time. And its pretty certain that Peter was the one that shot Nathan and the end of series 2 so he could do it somehow.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aquajaney wrote: »
    In 5 years in the future Peter hadn't met Claire as he hadn't 'saved the cheerleader' so he didn't have the regenerative powers
    Actually he did save the cheerleader in that timeline, as it's set after Hiro warned him to do so. Claire is alive and we see her meet up with Sylar. (In my interpretation of events, anyway.)

The scar is unexplained as far as I know (it might be in the comics; I don't pay much attention to them). It might have been inflicted under the influence of the Haitian, preventing it from healing, or Peter might have chosen not to heal it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    Actually he did save the cheerleader in that timeline, as it's set after Hiro warned him to do so. Claire is alive and we see her meet up with Sylar. (In my interpretation of events, anyway.)

The scar is unexplained as far as I know (it might be in the comics; I don't pay much attention to them). It might have been inflicted under the influence of the Haitian, preventing it from healing, or Peter might have chosen not to heal it.

Thanks Brangdon, I was wondering when someone would point that out. Clearly he saved her, as she wouldn't be alive in the future.

I've always thought that the scar on Future Peter was his own choice, his penance for being responsible for so many dying but without being able to die himself. Signalling the moment of the change in him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

QUOTE]

I had assumed that 5 years ahead was the same timeline as the one when Hiro came back to meet Peter on the train and hadn't considered the possibility of a third timeline option.

Oh my head hurts

Mr Bennett had already made arrangements to save Claire and future Hiro didn't release that Claire wasn't dead in his timeline which is why he though saving her was a key.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's hard to be completely sure about timelines we don't see. However, Hiro was convinced not only that Claire was dead, but that Sylar had taken her ability, and that he healed himself when Hiro stabbed him. I figure he was right. Therefore "Five Years Gone" is a different timeline because Claire is alive and Sylar is still seeking her in order to gain her ability.

It's confusing because the timelines are so similar. In both, Sylar and Claire are believed dead; in the first both are really dead, but in the second, Sylar has secretly taken Nathan's place and Claire has gone into hiding. In both, Nathan seems to be President but only in the first is it really Nathan. So they are different, but only if you know the secrets.

Also (to get back on topic) Peter has the same scar in both timelines. That's always seemed a bit unlikely to me and to be honest I thought it might be a glitch. However, if he also has scar in s3 maybe something deeper is going on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's hard to be completely sure about timelines we don't see. However, Hiro was convinced not only that Claire was dead, but that Sylar had taken her ability, and that he healed himself when Hiro stabbed him. I figure he was right. Therefore "Five Years Gone" is a different timeline because Claire is alive and Sylar is still seeking her in order to gain her ability.

The interesting point is that we now know that Claire is not the only one with healing powers. So, in principle at least, there could be a timeline in which Claire is alive and Sylar has got the healing powers from Adam.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or there could be yet more people with the healing ability - presumably Adam had many children over the centuries. However, Sylar seemed to want Claire in order to get her healing, so presumably he hadn't already got it from somewhere else.

It's possible Sylar didn't in fact heal himself when Hiro stabbed him. We didn't see what happened so we only have Hiro's word to go on, and Hiro has been mistaken about other things. And Sylar survived Hiro's stabbing in the 3rd timeline, the one of the s1 final, without heroic healing.

Indeed, in s2 we saw that Candice rescued and revived Sylar, and succumbed to him in due course. This is eerily similar to the glimpses we saw in Five Years Gone where Sylar had also killed Candice and taken her ability. So maybe something similar happened in the original timeline, and Hiro guessed wrong about it. On the other hand, if he didn't know Sylar had killed Claire and hadn't seen Sylar heal with his own eyes, why did he think Claire was pivotal at all? From what we saw, he never even met her.

The three-timeline theory cannot be proved, but I think it is the most straight-forward and economical interpretation with fewest anomalies.