Options

Judges tactical 10's

Sarah AnneSarah Anne Posts: 743
Forum Member
✭✭
Could the judges have realised how popular Beth is with the public and given her tens so she doesn't get the sympathy vote?...
I personally don't enjoy watching Beth.

Comments

• Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought her routine was rubbish , yet it got 10's across the board
  • Options
    j0annej0anne Posts: 2,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her but your right makes you wonder
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the judges votes didnt count this week - its all down to the public so it doesnt really matter what the judges score does it?
  • Options
    Sarah AnneSarah Anne Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    I thought the judges votes didnt count this week - its all down to the public so it doesnt really matter what the judges score does it?

Yes but if the judges are too mean the public will pick up the phone.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sarah Anne wrote: »
    Yes but if the judges are too mean the public will pick up the phone.

tbh I think most people have already decided who their winner is and who they will be voting for regardless of the judges scores but thats just my opinion
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Microkorg wrote: »
    Thought her routine was rubbish , yet it got 10's across the board

Yes, and who gave her that terrible routine?

That and the 10s finished her. :(
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »
    Yes, and who gave her that terrible routine?

That and the 10s finished her. :(

They never knew what to do with Beth - they had no idea how to use her gymnastics skills. The first routine was a combination of tricks and what they thought she could act well. Its good but it doesn't hit any emotions or have really wow factor moves.

Beth's second just illustrated the choregraphic weakness of the series. Again Beth didn't get a routine with the wow factor she's capable of. She didn't have a great routine from her own series to carry forward either.That was Riverdance light - a distinctive style, but less distinctive, less popular music, and dying for one bigger move.

Ray got to take his shirt off which gets his vote in, and redid a decent if not that memorable routine from this series. Thats enough.

Hayley avoided the need to act or skate or do tricks in sync with anyone in her routine, but got yet another acting routine stressing her partnership with Dan. She then trotted out the really good , well known, much practiced since, if simple, routine , she was gifted in her own series. Par for the series.

I thought it was noticeable that Bonnie and Suzanne and Sam all got to do bigger tricks than anyone did tonight in their short routines, . and Zaraah had as much difficulty in her few minutes as Hayley had all night.

The 10s as you say killed the anti-judge vote, and the voters rewarded Ray for being the best left, and whoever wrote Hayley's choreography for Jai Ho.
  • Options
    humpty dumptyhumpty dumpty Posts: 4,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ray got to take his shirt off which gets his vote in, and redid a decent if not that memorable routine from this series. Thats enough.

Do you really think Ray got the votes in because he was shirtless? Some people on these dancing shows have used a half naked bod to distract from their weaker dancing in the past, but this couldn't be further from the truth with Ray. His dancing and skating outshone the fact he had no shirt on, as beautiful as his body might be.

I have yet to hear one person saying they voted for him because he got his shirt of, or even mention that it was even a factor in swinging a vote his way. Have you? Everyone who has supported him have mentioned his abilities and the fact he was simply the best dancer on ice. And that includes every professional skater on the show tonight.
  • Options
    gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they got 10s because they wanted to make the final more exciting. I didn't think Beth's first routine deserved them, I thought I spotted some small mistakes. When the pros were passing her in the lift it didn't seem to flow at all and she seemed unsteady as she landed and I don't see how her second routine was different to last time she performed it when she didn't get 10s.

I personally thought the result tonight was spot on with the order the three finalists finished. I know it's not a popular opinion on here but I definitely preferred Hayley to Beth. I would have liked Suzanne in the final with Ray and Hayley.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They never knew what to do with Beth - they had no idea how to use her gymnastics skills. The first routine was a combination of tricks and what they thought she could act well. Its good but it doesn't hit any emotions or have really wow factor moves.

Beth's second just illustrated the choregraphic weakness of the series. Again Beth didn't get a routine with the wow factor she's capable of. She didn't have a great routine from her own series to carry forward either.That was Riverdance light - a distinctive style, but less distinctive, less popular music, and dying for one bigger move.

Hayley avoided the need to act or skate or do tricks in sync with anyone in her routine, but got yet another acting routine stressing her partnership with Dan. She then trotted out the really good , well known, much practiced since, if simple, routine , she was gifted in her own series. Par for the series.

I thought it was noticeable that Bonnie and Suzanne and Sam all got to do bigger tricks than anyone did tonight in their short routines, . and Zaraah had as much difficulty in her few minutes as Hayley had all night.

The 10s as you say killed the anti-judge vote, and the voters rewarded Ray for being the best left, and whoever wrote Hayley's choreography for Jai Ho.

The 10s may have done more than kill the anti-judge vote: they made it seem Beth was over-marked.

I thought her first routine was terrible. When I saw it, I already thought she had no chance. There was too much irritating "faffing" at the start; it completely failed to show her skating; and for all that it had 'tricks', it would be hard for many to see what skill it took from her. It even managed to make it seem she couldn't skate as well as Hayley. (It was just the sort of lift-focused routine that would have stopped Suzanne Shaw from winning her series if one of the judges hadn't said she needed to do more skating.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you really think Ray got the votes in because he was shirtless? Some people on these dancing shows have used a half naked bod to distract from their weaker dancing in the past, but this couldn't be further from the truth with Ray. His dancing and skating outshone the fact he had no shirt on, as beautiful as his body might be.

I have yet to hear one person saying they voted for him because he got his shirt of, or even mention that it was even a factor in swinging a vote his way. Have you? Everyone who has supported him have mentioned his abilities and the fact he was simply the best dancer on ice. And that includes every professional skater on the show tonight.

The post also said "the voters rewarded Ray for being the best left".

But I think his looks may well have had an effect. I don't see how anyone can be sure they didn't. That people don't say they did proves nothing.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it was a case of he was in the bottom two last week so they gave him all the opportunities needed to get his vote up - taking his shirt off hardly hurt his chances.
  • Options
    gasheadgashead Posts: 13,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I though having the two best judges (in their respective judging areas) give Beth and Hayley a 9.5 to indicate errors, whilst giving Ray 10s in the second skate to indicate perfection yet again was tactical. It was as if to re-enforce to the viewing public, lest anyone be in doubt, that Ray is the best skater, and he deserves to win this. Obviously he was and he did (deserve to win), but the judges/ producers knew that the public weren't voting on skating ability.
  • Options
    humpty dumptyhumpty dumpty Posts: 4,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    I think it was a case of he was in the bottom two last week so they gave him all the opportunities needed to get his vote up - taking his shirt off hardly hurt his chances.

Fair enough. It certainly wouldn't have hurt his chances, I just didn't feel it would have influenced the vote - his skating spoke for itself. I suspect a lot of voters saved their vote for the final, believing he didn't need it earlier as he'd be saved in the skate-off and others who might not have voted at all decided to come out and vote for Ray after having seen him in the bottom two last week and believing him to be the best skater. But who knows, maybe there were a few out there who voted just for the body alone. For me, his performances were sublime enough, with or without a shirt:)
  • Options
    saiwongsaiwong Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my opinion the 10's were just pre-planned scores to trick the public into thinking
    how perfect all the celebrity finalists were and to save face.

The second set of scores were also trumped up but they trimmed Hayleys and Beths
    scores to send a subliminal message to the voter to vote for Ray as the winner.
  • Options
    JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    I hated her routines like Jason said she had no personality