Any Minecraft players in the house?

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J6ngo1977 wrote: »
    I have played it on PC and Xbox. I love RPGs and Sandbox games. I HATE this fad of linear, 8 hour games that are constantly released. I like to keep games and keep going back to them. I think Minecraft is a good game for kids learning. But I played it for a few hours and thought it was boring. OK at first I was intrigued with the creafting and digging big caves but it is dull. I class myself as a nerd but Minecraft is a PROPER nerds game.

its only boring to you and people like you. there are ALOT of people that play for much more than just 8 hours,you only need to look at google and some of peoples creations. and how is it even linear!? it lets you do whatever you want! the game is still being added to meaning there is supposed to be more content coming with each update,extending the games gameplay into other areas making its longevity something that will get better and better. plus if you factor in community creations its means the game will have a huge lifespan.
    think about all the companies that invest loads of money into generic rpgs which employ an enormous staff team then have a final result of a really lackluster game that does nothing new and only gets mediocre scores and reviews and to top it off a premium price. then consider that the bulk of what minecraft is was envisioned and created by one guy who gave it out free for testing to begin with then set a price much lower than other games which sell as well.
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably a stupid question, but the latest Minecraft has "adventure" support, right? How do you make adventures? How do you play adventures others have made?

Re: the graphics, above: I get that some people will never understand why people play a game with such lo-fi grafix, nor should they have to. There's a huge array of games out there. I HATE platform games, but others love them. I've been playing video games since the B&W Binatone Pong days. I like a well-presented game but 3D games are barely catching up with 2D gems like Baldurs Gate for lush visuals so I'm kinda ambivalent about how games look usually.

The adventure mode in 1.3 is a very early version of the mode, there's not too much point to it right now.

1.4 has a few features confirmed already
    - Villagers can be infected in zombie sieges (so if players want them, they best start protecting the villages
    - Zombie children, due to the above
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1.4 update is now out for pc. its another update timed specifically for halloween. new mobs , bats and witches as well as the above mentioned are just a few of the many changes in this update.:)

http://mcupdate.tumblr.com/post/34289020110/minecraft-1-4-2
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox crafter here...i love this game and thanks to the new update we now have cerative mode :D Love playing with TNT and redstone :D:D
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get it. My son plays and loves it, but I have played with him and dont really understand what Im doing and end up getting lost and annoyed. I feel like a proper parent who has been made to play the must have game and shout "but what's the point?" "I dont know what to do !" "Im confused" Stupid Minecraft!
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get it. My son plays and loves it, but I have played with him and dont really understand what Im doing and end up getting lost and annoyed. I feel like a proper parent who has been made to play the must have game and shout "but what's the point?" "I dont know what to do !" "Im confused" Stupid Minecraft!

Maybe you're son feels the same when you're doing something he doesnt get ? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I describe the game in my head it sounds like the saddest game in the world, but I spent a lot of time on it. I spent hours and hours just building a 3 story house. I mean what's the point in that? lol But I couldn't put it down.

It even has an outdoor "swimming pool" and protactive lava around the outside of the house lol.