The Politician's Husband, BBC2&HD 9pm, 25 Apr, 2-9 May

Comments

• Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    alcockell wrote: »
    And they even got the "minister done for affray" trope in there...

Is that a trope, how many times has that happened in fiction, not that we actually saw someone done for affray.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Maggie Thatcher is she? :D
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow I actually liked that ending
  • LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the moment they got out the car, I just knew it would play out like that! Great ending.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Oh well that was fun, not the best drama in the world, they certainly got a lot into 3 parts, fun not to be taken too seriously IMO.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was a load of Balls ;)
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Wow I actually liked that ending

So did I but I wish it had a better build up. This started so well but lost it's way quickly in the second episode, tonight's was a bit better but far too predictable.
  • iamianiamian Posts: 1,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even if you hadn't guessed what was coming before she spoke, plenty of published pictures and previous political dramas had shown on which side of the cabinet table the PM sat!
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I must admit I didn't see that coming at all.:o

I thought she would go on to great things, but that he had lost everything as he deserved to and would crawl away and never be heard of again.

As it turns out, the ending was a much better punishment for him.:cool:

I still feel desperately sorry for their kids though, they rarely got so much as a smile from either parent, let alone any real love and affection. :(
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that a trope, how many times has that happened in fiction, not that we actually saw someone done for affray.
    Maybe not - maybe "device" was what I was looking for (anything to avoid legal issues...) - but didn't it happen IRL recently?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor old Jack Shephard virtually walked around for the whole 3 episodes with the grim reaper shadowing him with a giant scythe. Every scene he was in I was expecting his character to snuff it. Seemed so predictable.

I found it a bit boring in places but on the whole not a bad piece of drama.
  • Daisy_DukeDaisy_Duke Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I'm still trying to come to terms with the size of Freya's cap. What the heck?! :eek:
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So did I but I wish it had a better build up. This started so well but lost it's way quickly in the second episode, tonight's was a bit better but far too predictable.

Yeh one second he was crying at the table in the kitchen and then they were going into Downing Street!
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well that was fun, not the best drama in the world, they certainly got a lot into 3 parts, fun not to be taken too seriously IMO.

My thoughts exactly. I couldn't take any of it seriously, but still enjoyed it. The two leads were outstanding, they would make any old tosh watchable.
  • MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I did not see that one coming, makes sense though. I would liked the end as an episode all by itself because it was not explained
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Yeh one second he was crying at the table in the kitchen and then they were going into Downing Street!

It was a lot later (six months or so). The PM resigned and the new leader of the government took over (Freya) with Aidan as deputy. In the same manner George Brown took over when Tony Blair resigned. No need for a general election.
  • saralundsaralund Posts: 3,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    It was a lot later (six months or so). The PM resigned and the new leader of the government took over (Freya) with Aidan as deputy. In the same manner George Brown took over when Tony Blair resigned. No need for a general election.

You took me back there, to the days when George Brown was still in politics!

Think you mean Gordon Brown, though?
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    LolaSvelt wrote: »
    From the moment they got out the car, I just knew it would play out like that! Great ending.

I wouldn't vote for either of them.:o
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought it was a good show over 3 weeks. I rarely watch the BBC but I looked forward to this. Credit to the acting and storyline.
  • TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that the third episode was rubbish from start to finish.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course I meant Gordon Brown - senior moment! :eek:
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So that whole marital rape thing just got forgotten in the end then? Utter tripe.
  • MelodybearMelodybear Posts: 10,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bosox wrote: »
    So that whole marital rape thing just got forgotten in the end then? Utter tripe.

I don't think it was forgotten. They were all smiles for the camera, but glaring at each other across the table, so I think it was for appearances only.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    Of course I meant Gordon Brown - senior moment! :eek:

To be fair, he is pretty forgettable :)
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Melodybear wrote: »
    I don't think it was forgotten. They were all smiles for the camera, but glaring at each other across the table, so I think it was for appearances only.

That was about the way he brought down Babbish. She was still happy to have sex with him after he raped her. Absolutely no lingering ramifications shown from that, just left as a throwaway scene. Just awful.