✭✭
    Such a complex character arc for Gwen.
  • Options
    Gwen 404Gwen 404 Posts: 3,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avb wrote: »
    You hate your own song?! :confused::D

ive hated songs i sent in before, i just couldnt find anything i really liked this time so i sent in something i thought would do well. my taste in music isnt really reflected in everything i do.

i know, CRAZY! :p
    im going for that whole bad girl image here guys.
  • Options
    TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My QF3 and QF4 non-qualifier votes

QF3

08 - Cyprus
    05 - England

Sad to see Cyprus go (even if it's owner is not), I liked it and don't mind Blue too much, England was nice and sweet too so sad that has missed out.

Kazakhstan didn't really appeal to me but I thought it would have made it through, Montenegro just wasn't my type of music and Slovenia just sounded very amatuer.

QF4

12 - Iceland
    07 - Austria
    02 - Denmark

Very sad to see Iceland go, I really liked it, such a shame it didn't get the votes. Also dispite my mocking of it I really liked Austria too and at least it stood out. Denmark I didn't really care for but I was having to make up the numbers at the bottom of the points.

Obviously it's sad to see that a newbie failed to vote when they actually won the QF, but for me I am not sad to see Morocco go out, especially as it looks like it was going to be stupidly overrated.

Belarus was just not good at all in my opinion so not sad at seeing that one go out.
  • Options
    avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    Gwen 404 wrote: »
    ive hated songs i sent in before, i just couldnt find anything i really liked this time so i sent in something i thought would do well. my taste in music isnt really reflected in everything i do.

i know, CRAZY! :p
    im going for that whole bad girl image here guys.

Haters gonna hate, even when it's, er, yourself? :confused::p

I was kind of in the same situation this time with a song I thought possibly might do well but by an artist I just didn't like, in the early contests I might have sent it but these days I don't know, I'm trying hard to make my Wiki page my musical taste and not someone else's, I guess I'm just not crazy enough... :D
  • Options
    alwaysanigel247alwaysanigel247 Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    I get where Gwen is coming I hated both songs I sent in, although one I do quite like now. Its just something you would never have in your phone etc.

edit: Also are we getting recaps or not in this contest?
  • Options
    nunaneynunaney Posts: 1,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could never send a song that I actually dislike. I've thought about doing it many times but I just can't do it. However, I don't like the songs I sent for this contest nearly as much as I usually do. It's easy to understand why people would think they are boring. I was trying to play it safe and it's not going to work. I'm almost positive one of them will get in last in the semi.
  • Options
    Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,047
    Forum Member
    Every song I send I like. Some I may not like as much if I had to send it for somewhere else, but I really like every entry I have sent and will send in the future.
  • Options
    ChickenFromKievChickenFromKiev Posts: 7,427
    Forum Member
    I just send songs I like. :p Not ones I think will do well, just songs I like. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just go with songs I like too, don't think I have ever entered something I wasn't able to listen the whole way through.

I admit some were not the best in the world (Gwen would probably say that about all my entries :D), but with some countries you just have to send the best that you can.

I very rarely try to send something I think will do well, I've only really done that once when I got Latvia and sent something that did well on a different online song contest. That didn't work well, so it shows that if you try and send something you think will do well, chances are you will probably misjudge and it could go horribly wrong.
  • Options
    AlexosAlexos Posts: 17,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Preferred qualifiers:

SF1#

Spain
    Isle of Man
    Northern Ireland
    Azerbaijan
    Romania
    Germany
    Georgia
    Gotland
    Malta
    Scotland
    France
    Sweden
    Andorra

SF#2

Greece
    Wales
    Latvia
    Norway
    Aland Islands
    Netherlands
    Macedonia
    Ireland
    Moldova
    Finland
    Poland
    Ukraine
    Estonia

I like most of the SF#2 songs though and think the winner will come from there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My winner is from SF2, definitely. There are so many good songs that I'm worried for my own. :p

No idea how good my chances are of qualifying. Hopefully I can get 1 through so I can root for my own entry when I annoy everyone in the join.me :p
  • Options
    GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,203
    Forum Member
    I downloaded Netherlands for my jogging time.
    Amazing song, you can feel energy flowing out of it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yugi just wanted to give you an heads up that Albania is not in the playlist and the one in the normal list is saying it's unavailable (maybe it's been taken down) had to go searching for another video.

Used this one in the end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_OgYJsuWrE
  • Options
    GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,203
    Forum Member
    Completely hated the eurovision entry of Donatan & Cleo but this ballad is decent and the video is beyond beautiful!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Preferred Qualifiers from SF#1:
    Andorra, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Georgia, Germany, Gotland, Hungary, Israel, Lebanon, Malta, Romania, Spain, Sweden

Preferred Qualifiers from SF#2:
    Aland Islands, Greece, Ireland, Latvia, Macedonia, Moldova, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, San Marino, Ukraine, Wales
  • Options
    BethnalGreenBethnalGreen Posts: 12,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol was not expecting Lebanon singer to need her mouth washing out with soap :D
  • Options
    avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    TerryP wrote: »
    Yugi just wanted to give you an heads up that Albania is not in the playlist and the one in the normal list is saying it's unavailable (maybe it's been taken down) had to go searching for another video.

Used this one in the end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_OgYJsuWrE

Good spot Terry, can't believe I didn't spot the absence of Jan Zelezny and friends on the playlist. Think this video is the same performance as the original video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE2CvwI_AZo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sf1 reviews!
    spain: never been a fan of them but this is pretty decent.
    croatia: the verses are flat, but the chorus is fun, it has good energy and made me smile.
    lithuania: this has grown on me, the video is very odd, its almost a little hypnotic in a way.
    bulgaria: its a very good find, but i dont care for the beat so much.
    isle of man: i gave this a lot of points in the qf, but it falls flat for me now.
    northern island: so bland, meh. what the hell is up with his face? he looks like his brother is also his dad if you know what i mean.
    azerbaijan: no thanks, dont want to listen to this again.
    romania: i forgot all about this, its very common. surprised this made the semi.
    hungary: he has the most beautiful voice, but i do think its obvious this song was written for him and its almost like he doesnt want to be there in a way.
    germany: i prefer all the days for sure, her voice grates a little bit. still a good tune.
    georgia: amazing find for georgia. on its own its not amazing, but i do think this deserves to make the final.
    israel: its really not funny to me. its sort of when someone shows you a clip on youtube and they laugh really hard at it and youre just sitting there awkardly.
    gotland: ive known this song for a while and i love it. whoever styled her (my educated guess is a 13 year old boy) should stay well away from fashion.
    malta: i like the vocals on this. its very first aid kit (someone else already said this i think)
    scotland: its okay.
    france: i wish the guitars were louder. shes not as cool as she seems to think she is. also: it takes a very specific woman to pull of a leather catsuit: a woman who is tall and has a fantastic body, that is not you girl.
    sweden: i like this song, but i mean.. its mans zelmerlow. he would be so fit if he was taller, but he is 5 foot 8 so... thats an issue, still nice to look at.
    albania: well on a positive note: i know im not epileptic now. on a negative note: god that was a mess.
    andorra: this needs a video, its very unspecific on its own.
    lebanon: slutty. how can you sing that with a straight face girl?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sf2 reviews!
    svalbard: she reminds me of my cousin, so i have to tell myself that sandra might be a really sweet girl and not the evil spawn of satan. i enjoy the song.
    greece: this take a while to get going and its not the best ever, but i enjoy thats its not the same old thing greece does.
    wales: they are from where i grew up. this is the best ive heard of them, its a good song.
    latvia: this is a suprisingly good entry from latvia. a bit of a toetapper. latvian men arent lookers are they?
    norway: no nonsense tune. good.
    serbia: i have the feeling i already know this from somewhere somehow. its okay.
    aland islands: well produced but this is not for me.
    netherlands: heeeey i know the blonde guy from the olympics! he does bars! i also used to be a gymnast and i still maintain that all those dumpy midgets girls stole my dream. also: i wasnt very good. this is a good song like all songs of kensington. they should send them to eurovision.
    macedonia: i feel similarly to this as i did about bulgaria. very good find but the beat doesnt work well for me.
    ireland: sounds like something they had laying around at a record label. it doesnt feel genuine for me somehow.
    monaco: her vagina must have hurt after that so kudos for that, but this passed me by.
    russia: very russian. not sure how i feel about this. its a little offputting somehow. too fernsehgarten or whatever they call that weird german garden show thing they do.
    moldova: this sounds very malu to me. its not bad but it drags a little for me.
    liechtenstein: this is not for me.
    finland: i love finnish and this is a good song.
    poland: i was waiting for this to go bad the entire song. its good but at a certain point (where i assumed it would go bad) it just carried on going like it was. i wanted an explosive (as in a positive one) ending or something.
    san marino: this must be one of the newer members. this must have slipped through the cracks. its bad.
    ukraine: i like skinny boys in a runway sort of style but he just has a little boy's body. i do really like the track though. i have a feeling this might go out though as this kind of music seems to fail here.
    italy: its better than san marino, thats all the good i have to say about this. italian music is always so predictable. its. always. the. same.
    estonia: this is an interesting song, i like this. i wish this had a better video. her clothes look highly flamable too.

sf2 was much better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh and by the way, its exactly what nigel said. i wouldnt ever listen to the songs i sent or add them to a playlist or something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aaah i keep pressing quote instead of edit so now i have posted my own message again and im replacing it with this. fascinating.
  • Options
    PooleyPooley Posts: 5,062
    Forum Member
    Ok my votes are in - hoping for all 3 in the final but can only see one as an almost definite
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sent my votes in yesterday, off to work again tonight so will be missing the results live. I think one should deffo be in, the other one is touch and go for me, I felt it would make the final at the start but now not so sure. But we will see. Fingers crossed. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Still waiting on four votes for SF1 with 18 minutes left, but just one in SF2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    6 minutes to go, no more received.