LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 30)

Comments

• Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beverley is about to burn her bra :o ;-)

Out of her depth & lacking gravitas......I really don't enjoy her show :(

Bring back Katie Hopkins :p

Happy Sunday to all x
  • BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    Beverley is about to burn her bra :o ;-)

Out of her depth & lacking gravitas......I really don't enjoy her show :(

Bring back Katie Hopkins :p

Happy Sunday to all x

Which is a bit rich seeing as "feminist" Mzzzzzzz Turner spent much of her earlier career being photographed in her bra and knickers for lads mags.

Now she objects to some silly old duffer paying a compliment to a humourless idiot on Linkd In.

Hypocrite
  • PedroPedro Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    Which is a bit rich seeing as "feminist" Mzzzzzzz Turner spent much of her earlier career being photographed in her bra and knickers for lads mags.

Now she objects to some silly old duffer paying a compliment to a humourless idiot on Linkd In.

Hypocrite
    Not to mention that Linked In is one of the most irritating spam networks on the internet ........................ but BT is now patronising callers by suggesting they don't really know how it works.
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It didn't take long for a new Steve Allen spoof Twitter account to rise from the ashes: "Steve Fagbol Allen" @FagbolAllen. I don't think it's the same guy as Steve Prat Allen, though.

Give him a chance. It's only just appeared. I was blocked by the real Steve (I've got a blue tick, don'tcha know) Allen for 'favouriting' the other one. At least, I presume that's why he blocked me because I'd never tweeted him!
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It didn't take long for a new Steve Allen spoof Twitter account to rise from the ashes: "Steve Fagbol Allen" @FagbolAllen. I don't think it's the same guy as Steve Prat Allen, though.

ha ha ... Karma for the ridiculous name he calls Cheryl Fernandez Versini: can Steve Allen not stand to see a woman with a successful career? CFV is not the world's greatest talent but what is it that annoys SA so much about her? [I expect there really isn't any answer to that question]:D
  • clitheroe1clitheroe1 Posts: 4,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redvers36 wrote: »
    Yes the way that Iain Dale associates with expenses cheat and former Home Secretary Jacqui Smith illustrates your point I think.

When was Jacqui Smith last on LBC with Iain Dale?

Do you think all expenses cheats should be barred from LBC? In which case David Cameron could never be on the station again and Jeremy Corbyn could be on as often as he likes.
  • TomWhittonTomWhitton Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread often becomes unconstructive and off-topic with arguments cluttering the discussion. If this happens again we will start to remove posts and temporarily ban the users in question as it stops others contributing.

Oh, just turn it into an all-purpose thread. Everyone winds up talking about politics anyway.
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She did regard Blair and New Labour as ( one of ) her greatest achievments allegedly.
    .....and David Cameron is one of New Labour and Blair's greatest achievements, unfortunately.
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TomWhitton wrote: »
    Oh, just turn it into an all-purpose thread. Everyone winds up talking about politics anyway.

There are the General Discussion threads on DS, where 'anything goes', as well as our own politics thread.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was laughing like a Smash Martian when I heard this.

The funniest bit of radio in a long time.:D
  • James30James30 Posts: 5,201
    Forum Member
    Can someone tell SA to turn his phone off while on air.

It's unprofessional!
  • James30James30 Posts: 5,201
    Forum Member

*goes to Twitter to check it out*
  • CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    Venetian wrote: »
    ha ha ... Karma for the ridiculous name he calls Cheryl Fernandez Versini: can Steve Allen not stand to see a woman with a successful career? CFV is not the world's greatest talent but what is it that annoys SA so much about her? [I expect there really isn't any answer to that question]:D

.....Because "she has no talent ladies and gentlemen, none whatsoever", but earns a lot of money. :D
  • Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TomWhitton wrote: »

Not everyone. I can't stand political kerap on here and skip all those posts. This forum is supposed to be for light-weight nonsense.
  • TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hypocrite

She went OTT on it (much like the idiot woman barrister who hung the bloke out to dry) using silly voices to label the bloke a pervert and lecherous old git, and inventing a whole world of poor little women who can't handle an innocuous comment without having the vapours. She called her a 'naive girl' one minute and a 'professional woman' the next and when called on several of her 'facts' couldn't shout down and get rid of the callers fast enough. She kept saying not one commentator had come out in support of the woman. Maybe there was a reason for that?
    Turner and Abell, a pair of dripping wet lightweights. Sunday is getting as grim as a weekday to try and listen to.
  • Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me neither. It's much funnier and has more tweets. I don't think it's a good idea to include LBC and Fanny in the tweets though, as it will only it get taken down like the other account.
    Forum Member
    Talma wrote: »
    She went OTT on it (much like the idiot woman barrister who hung the bloke out to dry) using silly voices to label the bloke a pervert and lecherous old git, and inventing a whole world of poor little women who can't handle an innocuous comment without having the vapours. She called her a 'naive girl' one minute and a 'professional woman' the next and when called on several of her 'facts' couldn't shout down and get rid of the callers fast enough. She kept saying not one commentator had come out in support of the woman. Maybe there was a reason for that?
    Turner and Abell, a pair of dripping wet lightweights. Sunday is getting as grim as a weekday to try and listen to.

What was worse were the forays into sexual violence and abuse that women suffer from. There is absolutely nothing to suggest the man involved in this was anywhere near that, but BT indulged a caller who seemed to be on the "all men are rapists" bandwagon.

A man rang in to ask what Charlotte Proudmans reaction might have been if the comment about her photograph had been posted by a lesbian. I'm afraid this was too much for Bev. You could almost hear her brain short-circuiting. She managed to say "that's different" several times but really, it isn't is it?

Poor Beverley.
    Forum Member
    dcpc wrote: »

His true persona on display there. Did you notice the judicious editing of James looking aghast/incredulous at someone behind the camera? This isn't radio mate. You can't communicate with your producer using facial expressions.

His delivery is better, seems much more comfortable, but his whole attitude is objectionable. Maybe that's what NN are looking for.

No comment about the ears. :o
  • PedroPedro Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    His true persona on display there. Did you notice the judicious editing of James looking aghast/incredulous at someone behind the camera? This isn't radio mate. You can't communicate with your producer using facial expressions.

His delivery is better, seems much more comfortable, but his whole attitude is objectionable. Maybe that's what NN are looking for.

It's kind of pointless if he spends the entire interview talking over his guest. Complete waste of time and BBC money.
  • karen tracekaren trace Posts: 496
    Forum Member

His ear was deformed by the ear piece which made his reactions look even funnier. He was looking to the crew to save him from this outrageous interviewee who talked over him. Hope he knows now how his radio show callers feel. Just desserts in my opinion.The bully got bullied at long last
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick Abbot has tweeted that he's on all week, starting at 10pm tonight.
This discussion has been closed.