The Dumping Ground - CBBC

Comments

• RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TvGeek_ wrote: »
    I've seen hints of her liking him before, like when she told Tee not to lay into him and when she told everyone to let him speak, i think he brings out her softer side :)

In TBR, there was a time where I actually thought she would admit to liking Liam but then it wasn't the case after he left.:o I still see Johnny and Elektra just as friends with a difficult relationship. Episode 5 isn't the only time we've seen a soft side to Elektra though (episode 6 and 11 also show it). :)
    on the front of the title theme book, it says 'Tracy Woz Ere' in the bottom right hand corner :D

Yep! I already noticed this!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    In TBR, there was a time where I actually thought she would admit to liking Liam but then it wasn't the case after he left.:o I still see Johnny and Elektra just as friends with a difficult relationship. Episode 5 isn't the only time we've seen a soft side to Elektra though (episode 6 and 11 also show it). :)

Yeah, I'm usually dead set against relationship storylines in any show, because they are too over used and predictable (fall in love, have an affair, split up etc) but I think it would be nice if they got together but no big deal was made out of it, just a passing mention by one of the others about them being together and then us still seeing the same friendship with them there always has been, just stronger :) i think that would be nice :)
    Forum Member

BIB- WHEN!!!!??? I never thought that!!! :) can't believe she was only supposed to be 13 in TBR series 2, she looked 15/16 then! Surprising though, she doesn't look any older than that now, I think she looks nice with long hair :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB- WHEN!!!!??? I never thought that!!! :)

It never actually happened but I thought that it could have happened. Liam and Elektra showed just a bit of a love and hate relationship in some episodes. I think it could have developed but it didn't.
    Forum Member
    It never actually happened but I thought that it could have happened. Liam and Elektra showed just a bit of a love and hate relationship in some episodes. I think it could have developed but it didn't.

I never noticed that, I though they hated each other lol :)
  • MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its been comissioned for a second series of 13 eps.
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member

yay:cool:
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,138
    Forum Member
    In terms of couples, I'd like to see Rick and Carmen together as there were a few hints in Tracy Beaker Returns.:)

That'll be interesting as not only are they a few years apart (in reality it's only about a year), but they barely had any interaction this series.

You'd think with their rather mature voices, Tee and Lily would be older than 13/14. Rick doesn't look young for his age, in fact he looks pretty old for 16, could pass for 18! :D

But I don't think they've focused on his character much, and I don't think he has interacted with the whole lot as much as Faith, Elektra etc have done.
    Forum Member
    Sex wrote: »
    yay:cool:

Just checked your profile - 43 posts per day! :eek::D
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Just checked your profile - 43 posts per day! :eek::D

why are you looking at my profile for:D:o... 43 that isn't much though:o......
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I'm usually dead set against relationship storylines in any show, because they are too over used and predictable (fall in love, have an affair, split up etc) but I think it would be nice if they got together but no big deal was made out of it, just a passing mention by one of the others about them being together and then us still seeing the same friendship with them there always has been, just stronger :) i think that would be nice :)

I agree with this point as it'll just end up turning out like many others kids shows around with young people falling in love and whatnot - If they were going with it I don't think they'd want to make it too obvious.
    Forum Member
    Sex wrote: »
    why are you looking at my profile for:D:o... 43 that isn't much though:o......

Don't worry - I didn't take note of anything else!

I'm trying to find the ratings for the two episodes yesterday - it should be a series high.
    Forum Member
    The first episode was too melodramatic!!! With Carmen's letter speech, you would've expected something bad to have happen but just nothing......The trailer didn't show it what It really was!
    Finale, good.

Well, they didn't want to make it too obvious as it was a trailer! And either way it got people watching if they didn't show too much.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never actually thought of them as a couple together but I wouldn't object to it. I see them more of friends though with a difficult relationship. There are some people who think Elektra might not be straight after seeing her rainbow badge and the rainbow flag in her room but I'm not really sure, i

I think it would be terrific if she was revealed to be gay. The show likes to deal with issues. It would be a good one to tackle. We live in a world where LGBTQ are more accepted, and despite the efforts of some, it is getting better. I don't think the young viewers would bat an eyelid. Hell, most of them are probably more switched on about such issues than their parents.
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I think it would be terrific if she was revealed to be gay. The show likes to deal with issues. It would be a good one to tackle. We live in a world where LGBTQ are more accepted, and despite the efforts of some, it is getting better. I don't think the young viewers would bat an eyelid. Hell, most of them are probably more switched on about such issues than their parents.

ooo wouldn't that be great, i'm afraid that it could get criticism
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Leanne already confirmed this yesterday.:)

I'm trying to find the ratings for the two episodes yesterday - it should be a series high.

I expect so too. It should be decent at least.:)
    Forum Member
    The series may have finished but it doesn't mean we can't keep this thread active throughout the year.

Looking at Twitter, a lot of people enjoyed both episodes.

Meanwhile, Esme is #1 on iPlayer at the moment, and Scary Beasts is #4. :)

I liked at the end of the series finale "Mike's just done a poo!" and the other things they were associating Mike with :D
    Forum Member
    yeah i'd like to keep the thread active too, hope we end up getting a part 2
  • Stephen_SimpsonStephen_Simpson Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very happy with the response to The Dumping Ground. Gives hope that Childrens TV isn't truly dead. Glad its coming back for a second series too.
    Forum Member
    Very happy with the response to The Dumping Ground. Gives hope that Childrens TV isn't truly dead. Glad its coming back for a second series too.

me too the storylines were brilliant and there were no cliches / over used gags lie most childrens tv shows have (Disney)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll try to post any news I find. Don't think we will hear any more news for a while though (at least not till June).
    Forum Member
    I agree with this point as it'll just end up turning out like many others kids shows around with young people falling in love and whatnot - If they were going with it I don't think they'd want to make it too obvious.

Yeah, if they were to make it all about that, it would just turn into a stereotypical disney/nickelodeon show, and I really don't want that to happen, I would love Johnny and Elektra to get together though, so long as there was little to no focus on it, just the knowledge that they're an item and that's it. I think it would make room for a stronger friendship between the 2 of them to be shown if that was the case :)
  • winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just noticed that Jody's really matured this series :)
    Forum Member
    winter99 wrote: »

She has, I love Jody :)
    Forum Member
    winter99 wrote: »

She really greated on me at the start, but I think she's a great character now.