Apple "Wish we could say more"

Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
Forum Member
Apple have announced an event on 9 September with speculation in the press that it is 99.9% certain it will be the new iPhone launch.

With all the other news, there would seem to be little doubt this is the case. Apple are also notorious for providing "clues" in the title of their events.

Perhaps this is a warning that the other fevered speculation isn't going to happen.

"Here's the new iPhone. Look it's bigger at 4.7", We wish we could say more. Thank you"

No giant iPhone, no iWatch.

Just speculating.

Comments

• BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    Dan Sette wrote: »
    No giant iPhone, no iWatch.

Just speculating.
    The larger (5.5") iPhone is supposed to be later - on current rumours!

They will probably throw in some extras - like an iPad Air 2 (which is supposed to just be a camera upgrade) to confuse things!
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Wish we could say more' as in 'It's a secret' not as in 'It's all just tired old shit'.
  • Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bit of a daft phrase - if they want to say more now - then just say it! ;)
  • Ben_FisherBen_Fisher Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the A7 chip is more than enough, why not keep it with a few mods and run a 4inch 5S and a 4.7inch 5S.
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben_Fisher wrote: »
    I think the A7 chip is more than enough, why not keep it with a few mods and run a 4inch 5S and a 4.7inch 5S.

You think a CPU upgrade is more than enough to justify a new phone release from a company who release one phone per year?

I love my iPhone and am looking forward to seeing what the new phone brings but in no way shape or form is a CPU upgrade 'enough'.
  • nafanny29nafanny29 Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so excited, can I start queuing somewhere NOW!!!

LOL
  • Ben_FisherBen_Fisher Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lyceum wrote: »
    You think a CPU upgrade is more than enough to justify a new phone release from a company who release one phone per year?

I love my iPhone and am looking forward to seeing what the new phone brings but in no way shape or form is a CPU upgrade 'enough'.

That's not what i'm saying, the exact opposite. I'm saying the A7 is more than enough, keep it the same or similar silicon and innovate in other areas.

EDIT: The A7 is the current 5S chip.
  • GigabitGigabit Posts: 8,768
    Forum Member
    The tagline should be, "We wish you knew less."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben_Fisher wrote: »
    That's not what i'm saying, the exact opposite. I'm saying the A7 is more than enough, keep it the same or similar silicon and innovate in other areas.

EDIT: The A7 is the current 5S chip.

Right. Sorry! My mistake.

I agree. Apple need something special this time around. Not just a minor incremental upgrade.
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd interpret it as a fairly straightforward "oh wow we have some really shiny new toys to tell you about but we're not allowed to just yet".
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or wish we could say more to activate things around the home. Well now you can with HomeKit enabled devices. Or something. Apparently its at the place they announced the original Mac, which is apparently a big deal. And they're building some big structure for the event. Who knows, it might actually be quite interesting.

Although I do think, however clever any wearable device is, its still a hard sell as we can do so much with our phones these days.
  • davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    Bio Max wrote: »
    bit of a daft phrase - if they want to say more now - then just say it! ;)

That was my thought. They clearly can say more but they have chosen not to
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyceum wrote: »

CPU upgrade and 2 tons of bullshit about how magical the new phone is. Better? :p
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    davethorp wrote: »
    That was my thought. They clearly can say more but they have chosen not to

:o People do look into these phrases very, very deeply.

It just means that they aren't saying anything until that date. Nothing more complicated than that.
  • gardensleepergardensleeper Posts: 1,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan1302 wrote: »
    :o People do look into these phrases very, very deeply.

It just means that they aren't saying anything until that date. Nothing more complicated than that.

Pretty blatant corporate teasing.

I hate that kind of advertising, it strikes me a so egotistical, almost Cult like.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I'll probably watch the launch but I don't think I'll be buying the new iPhone. Can't afford one :( I'd love to do the whole queuing at the Apple Store thing someday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the speculation on this over at mac rumours is hysterical.

There's looking into it, then whatever the eff they're doing over there.

Here's a few of my favourites.

Is that just a long shadow on the Apple logo or does it have a "sundial" hidden meaning? Ooooooh.... Very excited.

9+9=18 18-14=4 4+20=24 there are 24 hours in a day, iwatch confirmed

Perhaps: upside down, the two 9's become two 6's, as in two new models of iPhone 6.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm stood a queue already and need a change of undies ;)
  • Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    Gigabit wrote: »
    The tagline should be, "We wish you knew less."

DAMN!!! RIGHT ON!!

lol
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    I'll probably watch the launch but I don't think I'll be buying the new iPhone. Can't afford one :( I'd love to do the whole queuing at the Apple Store thing someday.

Why would you like to queue? Apart from the fact its like a hysterical bunch of lunatics all whooping like 2 year olds (which a cider advert took the piss out of quite well!), you queue every day when shopping or getting on a bus or train.

Its incredibly boring then, and still is for queuing for a phone.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aren't they supposed to be announcing the Appletv 4th generation soon too?
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just waiting for all of those Apple fanboys to go orgasmic over a bigger screen when every other manufacturer has had them for years.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    I hate that kind of advertising, it strikes me a so egotistical, almost Cult like.

Like I say - some people look way to deep into things :D
  • kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Why would you like to queue? Apart from the fact its like a hysterical bunch of lunatics all whooping like 2 year olds (which a cider advert took the piss out of quite well!), you queue every day when shopping or getting on a bus or train.

Its incredibly boring then, and still is for queuing for a phone.

I assume it is the fact they choose to go to the shop in order to purchase the phone that you think makes them a lunatic? After all, people think it is perfectly reasonable to purchase a phone 45 mins after release.
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    Aren't they supposed to be announcing the Appletv 4th generation soon too?

No, all indications are that the AppleTV 4 has been delayed until Apple can secure a deal with the major media companies (US cable) to stream their content.