Who's in the next series?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
Forum Member
As this forum has gone a little quiet since the end of the series (unsurprisingly!), aside from those mad obsessives - you know who you are :), I thought I'd start a thread for people to speculate on prospective celeb's for the new series.

So who do you think might be in it, or for that matter, who would you like to see in it? Obviously this is going to be a lot harder than predicting SCD contestants because: a) a much wider base too choose from and b) we're less likely to know who American celeb's are. But hey, it's just a bit of fun.

I'm going to suggest Brett Favre. He's an American Football Quarterback who's been breaking all sorts of records in the NFL this year and is likely to be retiring at the end of the year. You may remember him from the film "There's Something About Mary". DWTS has a track record for getting big sporting names for the show. Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith are two of the best American Footballers ever, the basketballer was a hall of famer, and Floyd Mayweather is the best boxer in the world. So that's my humble offering. Anyone else?

On my wishlist is Rick Springfield, 80's pop idol. I was a big fan back in the day. He sang "Jessie's Girl" that Julianne and Apolo danced their tango too in S4.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a rumour that Hulk Hogan might be going to do the next series. And the producers are apparently quite keen to get Tori Spelling (a 90210 alum, like Jennie Garth) but she apparently won't do it if they don't get her husband on as well.
  • La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG! Rick Springfield!!! He was gorgeous! I swooned for him big time and would love to see him on there next time. :D

How about a Tennis player? I was thinking of Chris Evert, she still looks fit and could be the mature woman next time, and ofcourse would look glam in the dresses and is a lively personality so would get into the spirit of the show.

I'd love to see Steffi Graf too, if not Chris, she lives in Las Vegas with Andre, and her kids must be school age by now. She'd be brill too. :cool:

I guess 90210 must be the equivalent of our Casualty or Holby City - though surprisingly we didn't get a cast member on SCD5 :eek: - but my fave US series in recent times was Six Feet Under, so would love a cast member from that, any one would do, I'm not fussy! :D

Also I would love one of the Waltons to be invited. John Boy would be fab. :)

Great thread mscaviy, and yes, guilty as charged! Obsessive checking in! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    La Rhumba wrote: »
    OMG! Rick Springfield!!! He was gorgeous! I swooned for him big time and would love to see him on there next time. :D

How about a Tennis player? I was thinking of Chris Evert, she still looks fit and could be the mature woman next time, and ofcourse would look glam in the dresses and is a lively personality so would get into the spirit of the show.

I'd love to see Steffi Graf too, if not Chris, she lives in Las Vegas with Andre, and her kids must be school age by now. She'd be brill too. :cool:

I guess 90210 must be the equivalent of our Casualty or Holby City - though surprisingly we didn't get a cast member on SCD5 :eek: - but my fave US series in recent times was Six Feet Under, so would love a cast member from that, any one would do, I'm not fussy! :D

Also I would love one of the Waltons to be invited. John Boy would be fab. :)

Great thread mscaviy, and yes, guilty as charged! Obsessive checking in! ;)

Great choices, yes please to Chris Evert. I'm amazed you've even heard of Rick Springfield, he was never that successful this side of the Atlantic.

I wonder who they'll find that has a similar popular appeal to Marie Osmond. Someone who is extremly popular with the DWTS demographic and generates loads of loyalty?

Isn't John Boy Walton a world famous movie director now?
    Forum Member
    How about Olivia Newton John for the Jane Seymour role, the glamorous older lady?
  • Sari~Sari~ Posts: 1,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mscaviy wrote: »

Isn't John Boy Walton a world famous movie director now?

Hmm, could you be thinking of Ron Howard who played Opie on The Andy Griffith show and later Richie Cunningham on Happy Days? Richard Thomas played John Boy, and while he's continued acting I don't think he's a big time director.

Onto the show...the only name I've really paid attention to that is being bandied about would be Kristi Yamaguchi, the Olympic gold medal winning figure skater. I'd love it if she would.
    Forum Member
    Sari~ wrote: »
    Hmm, could you be thinking of Ron Howard who played Opie on The Andy Griffith show and later Richie Cunningham on Happy Days? Richard Thomas played John Boy, and while he's continued acting I don't think he's a big time director.

You are absolutely right, my bad:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to Sky News, Kelly Brook is thinking of coming over and doing DWTS!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any news on which pros will be back? I'm assuming Julianne will be back. After 2 wins Cheryl still was lucky to get paired with Ian, so I'm looking forward to the possibility of another good season from her. I'm surprised Maks has changed his mind about coming back. After 3 good partners he's sure to get a no hoper I think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How about Olivia Newton John for the Jane Seymour role, the glamorous older lady?

Great choice! :)

Also maybe she could do with a lift, as I believe her husband disappeared a while ago and hasn't been found? :(

Also her daughter with Matt Latanzi had her birthday this week, so I've seen her mentioned in the press.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to Sky News, Kelly Brook is thinking of coming over and doing DWTS!

:eek: I hope she does! :cool: I really enjoyed her dancing before she had to withdraw.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sari~ wrote: »
    Onto the show...the only name I've really paid attention to that is being bandied about would be Kristi Yamaguchi, the Olympic gold medal winning figure skater. I'd love it if she would.

No!! She's absolutely tiny though, so which male pro could she be paired with? They'd have to bring back Louis van Amstel! :D

She's obviously had some Ballet/Dance training for her skating career, and she was always known as an elegant skater. I liked her, but personally, I'd rather have Jill Trenary, former World Champion and wife of Christopher Dean! She could do the show whilst he's over here on the Dancing on Ice Tour next Spring......oh, what about the kids? :(

But if Kristi is a definite, I'd love it! :cool:

ETA: Here's her 1992 Olympic Free Skate.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dozwFZ5NoNs
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm amazed you've even heard of Rick Springfield, he was never that successful this side of the Atlantic.

He used to be in the magazines alot as he was a bit of a heart throb type. Also I seem to remember he was originally Australian?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    He used to be in the magazines alot as he was a bit of a heart throb type. Also I seem to remember he was originally Australian?

Your right, he is an Aussie. Also quite a successful actor in the 80's. Had a starring role in that ultimate daytime soap General Hospital.

Thabks for the link to his website. Unfortunately he's touring march thru' May.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw, shame about that. Maybe he can do it next Winter, if asked. :)

I was thinking I'd like to see John McEnroe taking part in the show too. :cool:
    He'd be really fab with his lively personality, and he was light on his feet as a Tennis Player with his court coverage and forays to the net. :)

I bet he's too busy commentating though, and he lives in New York, but I wish he could be persuaded. :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heard another rumour that Bridget Marquadt - one of Hugh Hefner's girlfriends from The Girls of The Playboy Mansion show) might be going on the show. I've seen it a few times, she's pretty funny :) Could be a bit of a Stacy Kiebler-type, I think, dance-wise.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just heard from a source whose information has been fairly reliable before that Taye Diggs (who we know has declined twice before) will be on the show. Taye Diggs is awesome, that would be brilliant if it was true.
  • Lola192000Lola192000 Posts: 3,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to suggest Brett Favre. He's an American Football Quarterback who's been breaking all sorts of records in the NFL this year and is likely to be retiring at the end of the year. You may remember him from the film "There's Something About Mary".

Ooh, now I can see the 'build me up buttercup' video in my head with him in it! Only started to get into NFL, so didn't realise it was him before you mentioned it. Favre has such a huge fanbase, so TBH no matter what pro he got he'd last right until the end imo.

Taye Diggs would get the female vote that's for sure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm afraid I don't know these celebs, and even after a google, I didn't recognize Taye Diggs (weird name). :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm afraid I don't know these celebs, and even after a google, I didn't recognize Taye Diggs (weird name). :o

Taye Diggs is an actor and musical theatre performer - he originated the role of Benny in RENT (side note: he is also married to Idina Menzel, the woman who originated the role of Maureen in RENT and won a Tony Award for the role of Elphaba in Wicked).

He's cool, fun personality, I think he'd be great.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taye Diggs is an actor and musical theatre performer - he originated the role of Benny in RENT (side note: he is also married to Idina Menzel, the woman who originated the role of Maureen in RENT and won a Tony Award for the role of Elphaba in Wicked).

He was also in the film version of Chicago. I don't recall seeing him dance in that though.

I wouldn't be surprised if another soap star takes part. A couple of US soap stars have even made their way onto DWTS in Italy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

OMG! I saw this pic of them together and didn't recognize her! She played the role in the West End too! :cool:

Yep, he defo sounds good! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG! I saw this pic of them together and didn't recognize her! She played the role in the West End too! :cool:

Yep, he defo sounds good! :)

Yes, she did :D Taye and Idina are fantastic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's a list of those who were rumoured to be taking part in the last season at the latter stages:

Lou Ferrigno, Wayne Newton, Aaron Carter, Floyd Mayweather, Jr., Richard Quest, Melanie “Scary Spice” Brown, Tori Spelling, Jennie Garth, Nia Peeples, Patrick Swayze, Helio Castroneves, Jane Seymour, Marily Henner, Giselle Bunchen, Ashley Tisdale, John Stamos, Greta Van Sustern, Barry Williams, Oscar De La Hoya, Marie Osmond and Sabrina Bryan.

So if we remove those who turn out to be true, we get:

Lou Ferrigno, Aaron Carter, Richard Quest, Tori Spelling, Nia Peeples, Patrick Swayze, Marily Henner, Giselle Bunchen, Ashley Tisdale, John Stamos, Greta Van Sustern, Barry Williams, Oscar De La Hoya.

Ashley Tisdale's not long had rhinoplasty and she starts shooting a movie in March so it's not likely to be her.
    Forum Member

So if we remove those who turn out to be true, we get:

Lou Ferrigno, Aaron Carter, Richard Quest, Tori Spelling, Nia Peeples, Patrick Swayze, Marily Henner, Giselle Bunchen, Ashley Tisdale, John Stamos, Greta Van Sustern, Barry Williams, Oscar De La Hoya.

Is that supposed to be Marilu Henner I wonder, she was the red head from the comedy show Taxi. She's 55 now, an interesting choice for the Jane Seymour role.

No to Patrick Swayze, although as a male I'm probably going to outvoted on this one:rolleyes: