"Snapping" at a supervisor who's been treating people badly for a while

2»

Comments

• Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    Of course, but the only time I ever snapped back I was fired the next day. It's not worth a job to give in to some power hungry cretin.

Also true!
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    Also true!

The worst part was he left 2 weeks later so if I had kept my mouth shut I would have kept my job and been rid of him shortly.
  • WinterLilyWinterLily Posts: 6,305
    Forum Member
    fizzycat wrote: »
    Then you should leave the job as you're clearly not suited to any kind of role in customer service or hospitality. Those guests pay the company who employs you so ultimately they pay your wage.

But that doesn't give guests the right to be downright rude surely?

If someone swore at me in such a manner - I would say quite politely. 'I would be very grateful if you didn't swear. It is not appropriate. Thank you'
  • lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the OP was being rude to guests even if they were rude him. Not to their faces anyway.
    I don't agree with how you went about it but I can understand why you snapped, I only hoped it wasn't with guests present.
    If I were you I'd demand a grievance meeting because they weren't keen to address your concernes in the first place.
    I think everyone is saying is that you did no favours by shouting at her though in others eyes and it would be difficult for management to address her aggressive behavour if you've done the same by shouting back.

About the supervisor thing, next time you have a progress meeting bring it up and just say you'd liked to be given a chance anyway