LOL
  • Options
    urt31urt31 Posts: 2,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jazzyjake wrote: »
    what has she done?

she may be annoying but i wouldnt call her bad or anything

Singing about "summer flings" in a scantily clad video, several bizarre attempts to sexualise her image amongst other things. Miley is old enough to understand all that, Willow is 12.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's only going to help her career go up and up. Controversy is always good.
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Burn her at the stake.
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its interesting the guys just show up and sing but the girls strip and touch themselves.

Isn't that the story of the 'Blurred Lines' video?

Women are more objectified in pop music culture. It's hard to get away from that. Gaga, Pink, Britney and Rihanna have tried to use that creatively or to their advantage. As for Miley Cyrus, I think she is trying too hard to distance herself from her 'Hannah Montana' past but she hasn't ruined her career just yet.
  • Options
    g4jcg4jc Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    afcbfan wrote: »
    The photo of the Smith family is *brilliant*.

Their expressions said it all, I think! :eek::eek::eek:

I do wish she'd get her tongue fixed though, it seems to have a life of it's own YUK!

Like so many female singers today she seems to lack any real self esteem. Trying to be - what? Sexy? 'Grown up'? Or just the kid that craves attention, good or bad?

Perhaps reading too much into it - it's cheap publicity!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not sure her career is really ruined after this: some people will deffintely have loved it.
    But she might have cut herself off quite a few former fans and non-fans...

We'll see in the future if it was the right bet.
  • Options
    ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    If britneys 2007 performance didn't ruin her career then I'm pretty sure this won't ruin mileys, most of these teen stars try to sex it up its all part of the evolving process
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was cringe worthy. The look on Rihanna's face was priceless. She must have been under the influence of something. I wonder what her fiancée thinks?
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    ritchie2yk wrote: »
    If britneys 2007 performance didn't ruin her career then I'm pretty sure this won't ruin mileys, most of these teen stars try to sex it up its all part of the evolving process

Yeah but back then Britney was literally out of her mind. What's Miley's excuse?
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was cringe worthy. The look on Rihanna's face was priceless. She must have been under the influence of something. I wonder what her fiancée thinks?

I thought the same.
  • Options
    StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Um, the video has Robin Thicke in it as well, not just Miley...and he doesnt seem to be that displeased to be dancing with her like that.

Also, do you people honestly think Miley would have picked her own outfit and routine? She'll have people round her, designers and choreographers and people managing her career saying "Miley, do this, everyone will love it, don't worry, it'll be good for your career and its only for a few minutes on stage" and probably drugging her up and giving her drinks beforehand. I think people are being very unfair to the girl. She'll be doing what she's told to do just like Rihanna or whoever else is.

Personally in my view, shame on Robin Thicke for going with it. As the article says, "married father-of-one". What must the wife think?!

Its definitely an unflattering outfit and getup but as I say, its not like she chose it herself. And also on a larger scale, unless theyre big like Adele, girls are pretty much expected to dance and sing like that nowadays and men arent, for girls and famous women it is a lot all about what theyre wearing and how they look and how they dance - and thats unfair! I would like to see more women wearing suits and stuff just coming on stage and singing a song but I don't think that would get shown on TV because people like a show - or at least the choreographers and people hosting the show do!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=StratusSphere;68242581

Its definitely an unflattering outfit and getup but as I say, its not like she chose it herself. And also on a larger scale, unless theyre big like Adele, girls are pretty much expected to dance and sing like that nowadays and men arent, for girls and famous women it is a lot all about what theyre wearing and how they look and how they dance - and thats unfair! I would like to see more women wearing suits and stuff just coming on stage and singing a song but I don't think that would get shown on TV because people like a show - or at least the choreographers and people hosting the show do![/QUOTE]

Jennifer Hudson, Ellie Goulding, Emeli Sande, Alicia Keys, hell even Taylor Swift and Pink can manage to look attractive without being controversial and showing their knickers all the time.
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The music industry and it's press commodify women as sexual objects and then has the audacity to be 'outraged' when a woman plays up to the image while Robin Thicke (who has had the biggest hit of the year with the most sexist song imaginable) gets off with criticism. The hypocrisy is beyond a joke.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have I fallen into an alternative universe where the 1950's never ended?? Madonna was doing this kinda crotch grabbing 25 yrs ago.
    Robin Thicke's wife prob thinks he did a good performance,after all her gyrating up against him was something called ACTING.
    Thicke has starred in 1 of the most letchy vids of the yr so I don't think he cares about public displays of sexuality.
    & Mileys dirty girl act is no diff to Britney or Christina when they grew up & wished to shed their wholesome past.
    What's the massive outrage about??
  • Options
    StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    Jennifer Hudson, Ellie Goulding, Emeli Sande, Alicia Keys, hell even Taylor Swift and Pink can manage to look attractive without being controversial and showing their knickers all the time.

Fair enough, but blame the people around her, designers and that, not Miley herself.

Actually, especially since shes been famous since shes a child, what idea of real life is she going to have, people telling her what's best all her life. Poor thing.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Thicke, what a "douchebag".

As for Miley, sticking her tongue out like she's on crack.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's so classless. Her never-ending quest for attention by trying to be the edgiest person in the room/on the street is boring and laughable.

I think it's cool when someone wants to spice up their image - it's their body - but she really was so pretty before.

As for Robin Thicke, I haven't a clue about his music as I have never listened to it but from what I've read about him he comes across as an unlikeable moron.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair enough, but blame the people around her, designers and that, not Miley herself.

Actually, especially since shes been famous since shes a child, what idea of real life is she going to have, people telling her what's best all her life. Poor thing.

I would have believed that in her Hannah Montana days as she would have had to do what people say but not now.. this is ALL Miley. She's in a position at the moment where she can do what the f*** she wants(to put it bluntly) this is all her. This is why it's turned out like this. She's older now and has all this new found freedom, so she is experimenting. Yes, maybe the circle she surrounds herself around is probably not a good influence but at the end of the day she's 20 years old and classed as an adult.. I don't believe for a slight second that people around her have forced her into doing this. She pays them! lol they would be doing everything in their power to do what she wants.

The only thing that I can add is I think because she was with Disney for so long and there was this 'good girl' image she had to carry around with her constantly... now that she has 'broken free' she is trying too hard to be this wild person thinking that will make people take her more seriously then when she was playing Hannah Montana.

It's all a stunt to get everyone talking like we all are lol
  • Options
    di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    Um, the video has Robin Thicke in it as well, not just Miley...and he doesnt seem to be that displeased to be dancing with her like that.

Also, do you people honestly think Miley would have picked her own outfit and routine? She'll have people round her, designers and choreographers and people managing her career saying "Miley, do this, everyone will love it, don't worry, it'll be good for your career and its only for a few minutes on stage" and probably drugging her up and giving her drinks beforehand. I think people are being very unfair to the girl. She'll be doing what she's told to do just like Rihanna or whoever else is.

Personally in my view, shame on Robin Thicke for going with it. As the article says, "married father-of-one". What must the wife think?!

Its definitely an unflattering outfit and getup but as I say, its not like she chose it herself. And also on a larger scale, unless theyre big like Adele, girls are pretty much expected to dance and sing like that nowadays and men arent, for girls and famous women it is a lot all about what theyre wearing and how they look and how they dance - and thats unfair! I would like to see more women wearing suits and stuff just coming on stage and singing a song but I don't think that would get shown on TV because people like a show - or at least the choreographers and people hosting the show do!

BIB - that's all I would be interested to hear..... I wouldn't want to see my husband, and the father of my child, simulating sex with someone technically young enough to be his daughter....... "acting" or not!

Nick Cannon's [husband of Mariah Carey] tweet summed it up for me "Remind me never to let my kids into showbiz. Thanks"
  • Options
    Neil_NortonNeil_Norton Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Miley is a **** end of.

She will be dead at 25.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all a stunt to get everyone talking like we all are lol

exactly and it was a hilarious stunt at that.:D the foam hand in particular is the best use of a prop i have seen in awhile.:eek: i don't actually think she was trying too hard to be cool as such, but like with her video, she is sending herself up by playing a stereotype and deliberately courting controversy. the whole performance was so bad, so cringeworthy and so wrong on so many levels, that it was by far the most speculated performance of the night. job done, it would seem.:cool:
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what her best friend Lesley thinks of this?!!
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miley is a **** end of.

She will be dead at 25.

What makes you think that? The whole party-girl thing is just an act. As far as I'm aware, there's no suggestion that she has any serious addictions or problems with drugs or alcohol. The whole thing is contrived - she's playing a character. That's why it's cringeworthy in my opinion - because it doesn't ring true.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »

You forgot the Queen herself; Lana Del Rey