Options

Your neighbours are asleep...

mashamoto79mashamoto79 Posts: 2,884
Forum Member
✭✭✭
and it is 10.30 in the morning and you want to do a pressing noisy DIY job...

What do you do?
1.Start it when they wake up
2.Look at the time and see it is a prefectly reasonable one and start the drill up.

They are upstairs but then you could have someone that living to the side of you and you have no idea if they are asleep or awake.

Comments

• Options
    Tom_TitTom_Tit Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't give them a seconds thought at that time of day. 9am would be suitable to do some drilling any other noisy jobs one wishes to do in their own home.
  • Options
    Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    if its after 8am then its perfectly fine, unless they work nights then I would leave it till around 1pmish.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    herrrm

Any time after 9.30 in the morning is fair game for anything. And up until about 9.30 at night...........sounds about right.

But

My bloody neighbours get picked up at 6.30am in a taxi which toots its horn and wakes me up so I dont give a stuff about them.
  • Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd wait half an hour......11am is my reasonable time to start doing noisy shit.

In the case of me working on any musical projects I wait till midday as I am aware that my productions are horrendously noisy and only appeal to the tastes of a tiny minority.....And that's when they are finished and sparkly, ruffkutz are even worse.
  • Options
    InkyPinkyInkyPinky Posts: 4,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try asking them the day before if they would mind you doing DIY at X-oclock. Tell them it will take so long and what you have to do. In law though I think you can work from 8am on. The council drill roads at 8am, so no reason you can't do DIY at that time either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,259
    Forum Member
    Five replies in and not one about masturbation.
    Well done chaps.
  • Options
    rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
    Forum Member
    anytime between 8am and 11pm i would do a noisy DIY job, if it needs doing, it needs doing. I would have no problem doing it at 8 but obviousley wouldn't go out of my way to do so but if it was the only time i could do it then what can you do?
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our neighbours are always at the DIY early in the morning :mad:
    The Chief wrote: »
    Five replies in and not one about masturbation.
    Well done chaps.

I'd hate to be doing THAT loudly enough to wake them :o
  • Options
    kim1994kim1994 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    anytime between 8am and 11pm i would do a noisy DIY job, if it needs doing, it needs doing. I would have no problem doing it at 8 but obviousley wouldn't go out of my way to do so but if it was the only time i could do it then what can you do?

I think 8am a bit early and 11pm a bit late especially if your neighbour has kids. I would say 9am to 8pm is reasonable
  • Options
    DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and it is 10.30 in the morning and you want to do a pressing noisy DIY job...

What do you do?
    1.Start it when they wake up
    2.Look at the time and see it is a prefectly reasonable one and start the drill up.

They are upstairs but then you could have someone that living to the side of you and you have no idea if they are asleep or awake.

I think they would be more concerened that you are spying on them. How would you know they were upstairs sleeping?
    Have you drilled a hole?
  • Options
    DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silentNate wrote: »
    Our neighbours are always at the DIY early in the morning :mad:

I'd hate to be doing THAT loudly enough to wake them :o

well then you are just not trying hard enough
  • Options
    spotyspoty Posts: 11,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would go and bang on their door untill they answered, then ask them if it was ok.
  • Options
    sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    9pm is too late - my son got woken up by someone drilling at 9pm the other night. 7pm should be the cut off I think.

And 10.30 is ok in the morning. But if they've kept you up the night before you should go for 8 or 7 :D