Brown to resign as leader today?

1235»

Comments

• SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lullaby wrote: »

Finally he has printed 200bn to allow himself to hold the economy together and to prevent the necessary cuts being needed until he had left office

In other words he plunged us even deeper into the mire just to boost his own popularity:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    In other words he plunged us even deeper into the mire just to boost his own popularity:mad:

Exactly and when the tough cuts are made, there will be people reflecting on the good times of Gordon
  • silkdragonsilkdragon Posts: 1,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly and when the tough cuts are made, there will be people reflecting on the good times of Gordon

Let the know alls learn the hard way I say.:D:

They will know what hard times are really like soon.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silkdragon wrote: »

I understand that but to be honest I would rather that our government had taken the steps to look after the people rather than delude them

Perhaps that is why as a tory i know the best place for them is to stay in opposition but hope that a real change that lasts can be arrived at with the lib dems
  • lee18xxlee18xx Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky News reporting that Brown has gone out the back door and into the Foreign Office - leaving Mandelson, Campbell, Harman etc. in Downing Street

Odd?
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    lee18xx wrote: »
    Sky News reporting that Brown has gone out the back door and into the Foreign Office - leaving Mandelson, Campbell, Harman etc. in Downing Street

Odd?

Perhaps to get an update from the civil servants involved in the negotiations?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    silkdragon wrote: »

It seems odd to be smiling at the thought of people's hardship.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Odd?

Hes planning an invasion to declare a state of emergency so that he can keep power ;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hes planning an invasion to declare a state of emergency so that he can keep power ;):D

That doesnt surprise me. My moneys on him meeting Nick Clegg there - David Miliband isnt there!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rumour that Brown has slipped off to meet Nick Clegg. Sky news.
  • MickeyBricksMickeyBricks Posts: 1,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or perhaps The Queen. Is she in Buck Pal today?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky reporting David Camerons gone missing too? OOOO FIGHT!!
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Annsyre wrote: »
    Rumour that Brown has slipped off to meet Nick Clegg. Sky news.

I never believe Sky rumours. Maybe Brown is just having one last look around the Foreign Office - today may be his last one in office.
  • Toby LatimerToby Latimer Posts: 4,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cameron has left his home too , maybe there will be a sort of 'grande coalition' with members of all parties in the cabinet ??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    I never believe Sky rumours. Maybe Brown is just having one last look around the Foreign Office - today may be his last one in office.

lol nicking a few pens :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky reporting David Camerons gone missing too? OOOO FIGHT!!

Could be a game of cluedo - It was Gordon in the library with the candlestick is my guess:eek::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatevers happening - Sarah Brown isnt bothered - she's sat on twitter just 7mins ago

http://twitter.com/SarahBrown10
  • gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Superior wrote: »

Dont New Labour followers understand this? Or, do they not care as long as they are allright?>How selfish can Labour supporters get?

Its roll up sleeves and get stuck in time. Not "Whaaaa, I want my free money to go on forever" time. That particular party, is over. And the Hangover is going to hurt like hell.

(Sorry for typing and spelling)

Guess what my husband and I (like many other Labour supporters) have been rolling our sleeves since we got married 40 years ago, no more so than during the 1980s and 90s.;)

You can accuse my husband and myself of wanting 'free money' and of 'being selfish' because we support Labour but I know that apart from a few years during the last Tory government my husband has worked all his life and is still working even though he could have retired last year at the age of 65.

You claim we are selfish but I will point out that like many Labour supporters we never complain about our taxes going towards the unemployed and their families or any others who are less fortunate than ourselves because we were in that situation ourselves once. Let's hope that you are never in a position were you have to rely on others for your living because to most people not being able to earn your own living is both degrading and demoralising .

I don't know for sure but from past experience it looks as though a lot of employed people are about to get a taste for themselves of what it is really like to be unemployed and have people look down on them. Thankfully though because we are retired now we won't have to suffer having to live through the stigma of being unemployed again but I feel sorry for all those who are possibly about to face the same situation we were in during the 1980s and 90s.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cameron has called a meeting of his M.Ps but some wont get there on time. Bet they're ticked off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or perhaps The Queen. Is she in Buck Pal today?

In Windsor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guess what my husband and I (like many other Labour supporters) have been rolling our sleeves since we got married 40 years ago, no more so than during the 1980s and 90s.;)

You can accuse my husband and myself of wanting 'free money' and of 'being selfish' because we support Labour but I know that apart from a few years during the last Tory government my husband has worked all his life and is still working even though he could have retired last year at the age of 65.

You claim we are selfish but I will point out that like many Labour supporters we never complain about our taxes going towards the unemployed and their families or any others who are less fortunate than ourselves because we were in that situation ourselves once. Let's hope that you are never in a position were you have to rely on others for your living because to most people not being able to earn your own living is both degrading and demoralising .

I don't know for sure but from past experience it looks as though a lot of employed people are about to get a taste for themselves of what it is really like to be unemployed and have people look down on them. Thankfully though because we are retired now we won't have to suffer having to live through the stigma of being unemployed again but I feel sorry for all those who are possibly about to face the same situation we were in during the 1980s and 90s.

Good post. :):):)

You are also describing my late husband and myself and probably millions of others.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those crafty M.P.s who used to slip out of back doors now can 't do it because the helicopter can track them. Good thing too, we should always know what they are up to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,893
    Forum Member
    dfgh wrote: »
    If this happens, I'll turn gay and suck every d*ck on Digital Spy.
    Time to turn bi-sexual, at least. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Can't see Brown resigning, he'll cling on to the leadership whether it's for the good of the labour party, or not.