Options

v+ BBC HD Failed Recordings

Hi dont know if this is a common issue on the v+ boxes but everytime I seem to try and record from the bbc hd channel the programe just fails to record and will not play. This has happened loads of times now and does not do it on any other hd channel. Hope some one can shed some light on this, other wise gonna ring virgin in the morning.

Thanks In Advance

Pete

Comments

• Options
    jobbie8jobbie8 Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It happens to me sometimes, BBC HD only. Larkrise to Candleford was recorded on sunday, on tuesday my box rebooted itself at 8pm and the recording changed to Failed.:(
  • Options
    stargazer600stargazer600 Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    This seems to be everytime i try and record bbc hd ,tried earllier and failed again, gonna ring virgin tomorrow, not sitting in long ques to night.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    I'm getting this a lot now. I failed on eps 2 and 3 of Hustle, although ep 1 worked fine, and when I rebooted the Doctor Who Confidential shown on New Year's Day (which I hadn't played at that point) went from recorded to failed.
  • Options
    martytoomartytoo Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm starting to get a bit annoyed with the V+ having had several failed recordings recently. Not just on BBC HD either Sunday night it failed to start recording Dancing on Ice. Timer record failed manual record wouldn't start planned recording couldn't be cancelled either, in the end only a reset enabled any recording to continue.

Got a load of back recordings to copy off first then I might just get on to Virgin and complain.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just phoned virgin and what a suprise they cant see anything wrong, they got me to reboot the box which done nothing coz the box only got rebooted 3 days ago, they said ill have to monior it and if it happens again contact them the tech done nothing apart from get me to do that, yet again brilliant customer service from people who dont have a clue. I am at the point of going sky hd and being done with it coz im loosing faith in the company.
  • Options
    mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    I recorded that Michael Portillo railway programme on Tuesday and when I tried to play it back, it was a blank screen.
  • Options
    Leighton DanLeighton Dan Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reading this thread i am REALLY chuffed we spashed out on a nice latest state of the art HD telly:rolleyes:
  • Options
    The Exiled DubThe Exiled Dub Posts: 8,358
    Forum Member
    I recorded that Michael Portillo railway programme on Tuesday and when I tried to play it back, it was a blank screen.

I recorded Grey's Anatomy on Living HD last night, tried to play it this morning, and it is a blank screen. But it recorded Mad Men on BBC HD no problem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    if i had a choice now i would ditch virgin , but just done a price comparison on sky and worked out nearly £40 per month more so im stuck for now, i do advise that a power cycle on the box does work for a while like it has for me but still is a pain in the arse since u dont know when its gonna mess up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    Had problems with Heroes in HD. Set it up to record the first two episodes and when I went to watch them the timer read 0:00. Following week it recorded ok.:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    It could be a lack of space. The HD recording requires around four times the space of a regular recording.
  • Options
    johnboy726johnboy726 Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I need help with my V+ Box

basically I had 20 hours free on the Harddrive ealier and I recorded Eastenders, and now it's saying it's "Critical" and won't record any other programs .

why is this ?

I have the small Samsung Box
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mixino1 wrote: »
    It could be a lack of space. The HD recording requires around four times the space of a regular recording.

Id might agrea with that if there was not 70hrs free space on the drive, which would cause it to fail but surly the box should warn you first if you do not have enough space or am I being dumb.
  • Options
    Echo1Echo1 Posts: 7,722
    Forum Member
    FirewireUk wrote: »
    Had problems with Heroes in HD. Set it up to record the first two episodes and when I went to watch them the timer read 0:00. Following week it recorded ok.:confused:

I had a similar problem with Survivors last night. I didn't record (said 0:00 as well) and I have plenty of free HDD space and the V+ box is new; was only installed last Friday. Everything else on all the other channels seems to be recording fine though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    johnboy726 wrote: »
    I need help with my V+ Box

basically I had 20 hours free on the Harddrive ealier and I recorded Eastenders, and now it's saying it's "Critical" and won't record any other programs .

why is this ?

I have the small Samsung Box

OK - no help but at least it's not just me! I am on the point of ringing Virgin about this - why advertise an 80 hour capacity if you can't use the last 20 hours?! I'll post what I find here ...

Martin
  • Options
    Forum Member
    martink wrote: »
    OK - no help but at least it's not just me! I am on the point of ringing Virgin about this - why advertise an 80 hour capacity if you can't use the last 20 hours?! I'll post what I find here ...

Martin

They will proberly tell you what they said to me power down box and give it time, but I agrea with your statement. Had sucsess last night managed to record bbc hd not failed yet, bet when i got to watch it tomorrow it will of failed.