02 Orbit with Co Pilot Sat Nav ...Anyone got / had one ?

coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi

any info on usabilty of the 02 Orbit with Co Pilot Sat Nav

Comments

• coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one got one ?

I was interested in how you get charged by 02 for using GPRS for the Co pilot sat nav ststem

Anyone got any Tom Tom , Co pilot or any other Sat Nav system on 02 to confirm what and how you are charged ?

Does it come out of your 1Mb / 2MB allowance
  • snuffle_-_uksnuffle_-_uk Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one got one ?

I was interested in how you get charged by 02 for using GPRS for the Co pilot sat nav ststem

Anyone got any Tom Tom , Co pilot or any other Sat Nav system on 02 to confirm what and how you are charged ?

Does it come out of your 1Mb / 2MB allowance

i've got one.

as far as the sav nav itself goes, its fine. i haven't experience of any other sat navs to compare to, nevertheless in my opinion it does the job of getting me to my location pretty well. i remember seeing somewhere on the web that if you want you can install other software like tomtom on it, because that is available for windows mobile 5 too.

regarding using gprs to get it sent data (would that be traffic data?) i don't do this. i turn on the RDS traffic report auto tuning on my car stereo, thats good enough for me!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i've got one.

as far as the sav nav itself goes, its fine. i haven't experience of any other sat navs to compare to, nevertheless in my opinion it does the job of getting me to my location pretty well. i remember seeing somewhere on the web that if you want you can install other software like tomtom on it, because that is available for windows mobile 5 too.

regarding using gprs to get it sent data (would that be traffic data?) i don't do this. i turn on the RDS traffic report auto tuning on my car stereo, thats good enough for me!

Hi

you don't say which sat nav system / phone you have and anything about charging rates to use sat nav gprs
  • TalizmanTalizman Posts: 2,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SatNav doesn't use GPRS data unless you're downloading updates.

I have CoPilot on my Vario 2 with Tmobile (I know you're asking about o2 users but it's still going to work the same way) and you use GPS signals which are nothing to do with GPRS usage.

I've used TomTom as well in the past and I have found that to be slightly superior to what I'm using now but not to the point where you'd want to ditch CoPilot which is still very good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talizman wrote: »
    SatNav doesn't use GPRS data unless you're downloading updates.

I have CoPilot on my Vario 2 with Tmobile (I know you're asking about o2 users but it's still going to work the same way) and you use GPS signals which are nothing to do with GPRS usage.

I've used TomTom as well in the past and I have found that to be slightly superior to what I'm using now but not to the point where you'd want to ditch CoPilot which is still very good.

Hi

So it works like a normal Sat nav as doesn't need any access via wap or equivelant.

I guess the confusion in between Gps and Gprs

off to google the difference ...thanks

So to follow a mapped location from A to B its free as it uses its internal mapping and the free GPs system
    I had a feeling that I was been charged to go online to bedirected from A to B and get a whopping bill at the end of the month