Now we know who the star is, what do you want for Series 8?

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Full uninterrupted series.

More or just even just better dialogue between characters. It got to the stage where there was just too much quick one liners and exposition, fine now and again but dear god, at times it felt like the main characters were robots.
    Let The Doctor and companion talk, this is how we get to know them, telling us a companion is mysterious whilst giving her a catchphrase and a tag isn't characterisation. So NO catchphrases or character tags like 'I'm soufflé Girl'. 'The Girl who waited' 'The Impossible girl'
    Jesus wept, please no more.:D

Surely there must be many 'surefire hit' Who novels beyond Human Nature that could be adapted, even if one is on stand by in case a jaw dropping clunker like Nightmare In Silver comes in.

I definitely agree about the dialogue, it does just seem to be a quick exchange of one-liners. I just remembered that scene in Aliens of London where 9 and Rose are talking on the rooftop, and it comes across as a natural and realistic conversation. I can't remember much genuine interaction between 11 and Clara, apart from perhaps in Hide where she sees the beginning and end of the Earth.

And agreed about the novels, there are plenty which would make great episodes. Although they aren't limited by budget, so some of the stories/situations might not be easy to create for TV.
  • jtnorthjtnorth Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    She wrote a 7th Doctor Story for the ongoing monthly series of stories written by famous children's authors.

Not seen anything about her writing on the TV series itself, though it seems she has done some TV work in the past.

That will be what I'm getting mixed up with. Thanks very much for answering.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I want each story to be contained to one episode like it used to be, no more wild story arcs like with Smiths doctor. Singular episodes and then just 1 double/triple episode finale.

Less River Song and more Captain Jack Harkness!

No daleks.

The Universe/World doesn't need to be at threat in every episode, Vincent and The Doctor was a great episode.

No love story between doctor and companion, 10th doctor and Donna Noble was brilliant.
  • Bad Wolf 525Bad Wolf 525 Posts: 5,552
    Forum Member
    wizzywick wrote: »
    What would I like?

A straight run of episodes without a gap.

Yes, this is what I want too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is my ideal Season 8.

1st and 2nd episode (two-parter)
    Written by Steven Moffat
    Firstly, This episode may refer to Christmas special and solve (eventual) cliffhanger.
    Introduction to the new mistery and a new monster. Moffat is fantastic in creating enemies. Also with many timey-wimey within one episode (like in Blink and Big Bang).
    Also, this is an introduction of the Twelfth Doctor and his personality should be featured.

3rd episode
    Written by Gareth Roberts
    Historical episode similar to the Shakespeare Code, Vincent and the Doctor and The Unquiet Dead. But this one should be focused on W. A. Mozart. Some secret power of his music.

4th and 5th episode (two parter)
    Written by Toby Whithouse

This is a brilliant idea:
    8.05 TRIANGLE, by Toby Whithouse (1/2)
    Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman
    A two-parter revolving around the TARDIS ending up stuck inside the Bermuda Triangle... a phenomenon even The Doctor doesn't yet understand. A story involving historical waships, WW2 planes, spacecraft from the future and a woman who has lived forever.

8.06 WHATEVER HAPPENED TO FLIGHT 19? by Toby Whithouse (2/2)
    Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman
    The infamous Flight 19 is the centre of the story, and its mystery will answer all the questions about the Triangle. Whithouse would be great for a two-parter, as he's shown us his capabilities writing contemporary, historical and futuristic stories, and has also shown he can write for episodes filmed on location - which this very well could be.
    ... or something similar.

6th episode
    Written by Russell T. Davies
    Stand-alone episode set on the present-day Earth and focused on some strange problem on the Earth that must be investigated (like in Partners in Crime) but also on Clara. RTD is great in character development.

7th episode
    Written by Neil Gaiman
    He said he would like to create a new scary monster in the episode set on the present-day Earth. Sounds great! This episode could be direct continuation of the sixth episode.

8th and 9th episode (two parter)
    Written by Neil Cross
    Historical episode set in Feudal Japan with lots of magic, mystery, emotions, ethics and cultural references. Also key to the finale.

10th episode
    Written by Steven Moffat
    Although I like Moffat’s arcs, I really miss his stand-alone episodes he has been writing during the RTD era. So, this one should be something similar to The girl in The Fireplace or Blink. Something imaginative, original and scary.

11th episode
    Written by Paul Cornell
    Emotional stand-alone focused on Clara.

12th and 13th episode (two-parter)
    Written by Steven Moffat
    One more historical episode (we didn’t have a historical finale yet). Solution of the mystery. Something epic and weird in Moffat's style.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just saw that Jenna has said that they won't be shooting Series 8 till January.

Not sure if we had confirmation of that or not, I had seen some recent articles still say that filming for Series 8 would be in September (straight on from the Christmas Special).
  • ShoppyShoppy Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Just saw that Jenna has said that they won't be shooting Series 8 till January.

Not sure if we had confirmation of that or not, I had seen some recent articles still say that filming for Series 8 would be in September (straight on from the Christmas Special).

O please please please let there be extra eps this year :)