Options

What happened to Kathy and Kim....

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,667
Forum Member
✭✭✭
..... a few years ago all we heard of was Kathy and Kim and how good it was, but we have not heard anything for years and I just want to know what the situation is now, ie are the actresses working on the characters or have they "fallen out" and are no longer working together? Does anyone know?

Comments

• Options
    Tudor6222Tudor6222 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you mean Kath & Kim. :)
    The fourth series of Kath & Kim premiered on 19 August 2007 at 7:30pm on the Seven Network with a total of eight episodes. As of late 2009, they've announced that writing has begun on Series 5.[5] In May 2010, when ask if there would be more Kath and Kim, Turner replied: "We sort of felt like it was the end two years ago. We thought, ‘We’ve done enough and the well is dry and we can’t think of any more ideas’ … We think we might just leave it for now."[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kath_%26_Kim
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:cry::mad::(
  • Options
    emmalou78emmalou78 Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    baldbilluk wrote: »
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:cry::mad::(

:( Aww I loved Kath and Kim. the last episode I remember is when Shane Warne turned up to marry Sharon, his character was called Wayne and he was a Warney impersonator.
  • Options
    SanahSanah Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    They're going to film a movie the kath and kim filum...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sanah wrote: »

:D nooooiiiiicccceee, different, unusual!
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emmalou78 wrote: »
    :( Aww I loved Kath and Kim. the last episode I remember is when Shane Warne turned up to marry Sharon, his character was called Wayne and he was a Warney impersonator.

HAHA

Do you remember the one Eric Bana was in and he and Kel had a fight over Kath :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yay! They should bring back Geoffrey Rush as Kel's BFF!
    Don't think Liz Hurley will allow Shane Warne out for a 're-match';) with Sharon, though.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,270
    Forum Member

Here you go!

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/television/kath-and-kim-go-on-a-roman/story-e6frfmyi-1226141643991
  • Options
    louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved this show so much, I bought it on dvd. Read an article yesterday about Magda Szubanski coming out as being gay. Why feel the need to make an occasion out of mentioning it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »
    HAHA

Do you remember the one Eric Bana was in and he and Kel had a fight over Kath :D:D:D

:D And the one where Kylie turned up as a grown up Eponnee Rae(not sure if this is the right spelling)
  • Options
    the_phoothe_phoo Posts: 2,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's noice noice - it's duffrent.

Lol I LOVE Kath and Kim.

Guess it was best to stop when it was still good though and not go all Inbetweeners on us :rolleyes:
  • Options
    moomeemoomee Posts: 397
    Forum Member
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love BBC to show the final 2 series and for UK to get series 3 & 4 on DVD!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got 3 & 4 thanks to an enterprising ebay person, though I'd happily buy them officially if they get a release here.

I believe they are still shooting the film, there were sightings at a Melbourne shopping centre (Fountain Lakes presumably:)) last month.

I wonder how they are dealing with the issue of Magda's weight. last time I saw pics of her she was tiny!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    louise1966 wrote: »
    I loved this show so much, I bought it on dvd. Read an article yesterday about Magda Szubanski coming out as being gay. Why feel the need to make an occasion out of mentioning it?

There's a good link here http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/magda-thought-of-suicide-struggled-with-sexuality-20120215-1t54g.html basically it seems like she wants to be a good role model for young gay people, and she's helping to campaign for same-sex marriage in Australia (and responding to an Australian celeb who said that homosexuality is a choice.)

Magda is brilliant:) And I still love her for having the integrity to not sell Sharon Strezlecki to the watered down American version of the show.
  • Options
    toyotacitytoyotacity Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Kath and Kim, I can sit and watch it all day

Season 3 was supposed to come out on dvd in Oct 2007 but never arrived

my fave line

"Ozone diet, they're all doing it, Madonna Penn Ritchie, Jennifer Pitt Aniston, Courtney Loves Cox"
  • Options
    SanahSanah Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    Cant wait for the movie..until then I keep watching the first 4 season over n over.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only thing that didn't quite work for me was 'Da Kath and Kim Code' Christmas special. I thought the whole Da Vinci code storyline was daft, without that it would have been a great show - Brett cheating, Kath falling for Michael Buble, Sharon falling for an internet site, and I love the part where she finally threatens to murder Kim:D I just thought anything relating to the Da Vinci storyline was pretty weak though.

And Barry Humphries' British accent was terrible for someone who spent so much time here!!
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look at me Kimmy, Look at me. One of the great classic lines of comedy.

Er, why is this in showbizz, they are not real but actresses playing the parts????
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Little update for the thread - I got an email today 'It's been a long time between cardonnays, but we've got yuge knews...'

'Kath & Kimderella' has a release date of 6th September!

The 'filum' has a Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/KathandKimTheFilum?sk=wall
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    Look at me Kimmy, Look at me. One of the great classic lines of comedy.

Er, why is this in showbizz, they are not real but actresses playing the parts????

Maybe the OP thought it was a documentary?:p

This show is to blame for me asking for a ham and cheese pinata in a cafe last year and making the staff laugh at me! And I still can't remember what the correct word is - I've been re-programmed!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    Little update for the thread - I got an email today 'It's been a long time between cardonnays, but we've got yuge knews...'

'Kath & Kimderella' has a release date of 6th September!

Noice :D

Kim: My favourite movie's Shallow Hal. I can relate.
    Kath: Why? Because you're big, Kim?
    Kim: No, because I'm shallow. God, you're rude to me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    I gawt moi eeemail todoi. Oim shivering in antici....*blows out cigarette smoke* ... pation.

I'm off to get a plunger for my bodum.

:D
  • Options
    toyotacitytoyotacity Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So are Kath and Kel, y'know de facto?

Day facto, night facto, the fact that they're even factoing at all I find repulsive in the extreme
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Post from Kim's Facebook page 'What has curly hair and hangs out your undies? - my mum!!! LOL'