Options

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 48)

Comments

• Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    Its a bloody bastard trying to work out how to watch Israel on their website why isn't eurovision.tv showing it :(

I had that trouble for each of the semi finals, so am not holding out much hope tonight :(
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,507
    Forum Member
    BBAnne wrote: »
    Me too :o the difference being that I've been trying to persuade them at work for 7 long years, and I'm yet to manage it across the board

And I have to say that I find Austria really odd .... just incredibly forgettable

I've played Norway to a lot of people (I stuck it on my FB status) and it's gone down really well

On a side note, I'm playing Zeljko's new song and it's fab, sort of Nije Ljubav Stvar mixed with Euphoria :D

I'm exactly the same... I thought I was the only one!
    It just goes absolutely nowhere.
  • Options
    MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    Me too :o the difference being that I've been trying to persuade them at work for 7 long years, and I'm yet to manage it across the board

And I have to say that I find Austria really odd .... just incredibly forgettable

I've played Norway to a lot of people (I stuck it on my FB status) and it's gone down really well

On a side note, I'm playing Zeljko's new song and it's fab, sort of Nije Ljubav Stvar mixed with Euphoria :D

Yep, I have one of the 'Europe hates us' brigade in my office. He doesn't know how stupid he sounds.

I played a few songs for various people and the most popular seems to be Finland! Rosetta, are you listening? ;)
  • Options
    kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    *kicks The Bonster to the kerb*

what time is kick-off tonight vinny?

It's coming in your eyes, Chorley FM style, from 7 Anne :D

The link is hidden in Hebrew someone on this page http://www.iba.org.il/eurovil/
  • Options
    UlfgeirrUlfgeirr Posts: 3,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Israeli stream doesn't work for me, so I'll ave to miss it. I ought to be writing coursework, anyway.

I'll be missing Saturday's action as well, which is a shame as I'm really invested in Ralf Gyllenhammar to win in Sweden, and it looks as if the voting will be tense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    For Israel

http://www.iba.org.il/

Look for the 2013 in the top left, click on it and it should load
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Drew PeacockDrew Peacock Posts: 12,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even if they're miming, there are some great songs in the Israeli back catalogue with Ey Sham as good as any.
  • Options
    AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm watching Graham Norton's Big Ask of BBC Three, nearly a full Eurovision lot, Graham Norton, Terry Wogan, Sara Cox
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Even if they're miming, there are some great songs in the Israeli back catalogue with Ey Sham as good as any.

And that's without them including Ding Dong ;)
  • Options
    CelticMythCelticMyth Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see Lynda Woodruff again. I kinda suspect she is based off the BBC Eurovision team.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spindiddly wrote: »
    That's another one I don't see the fuss over. It's nowhere near the top of my rankings. I find the chorus to be incredibly boring.

Denmark is definitely the one to beat. It is a quality song.
    I agree though that the chorus is a little weak compared to the verses, even a little too twee for my liking.
    But it sounds like a "winner" to me out of all the songs so far.

And I completely agree about the "Be love" chorus of Ryan's song being by far the weakest part of the track. I wish they would rework it as the verses and bridge parts are great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kvn wrote: »
    And that's without them including Ding Dong ;)
    :D They'd all be Ding Dongs it there was a UK equivalent.;)
  • Options
    MikayMikay Posts: 10,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really love Ryan's music video, so can imagine his staging will be great in Malmo.
    I just don't like how dancey it is.. I think it's a good contender though, and I would say Ireland's strongest entry in years. (IMHO)
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My streams very choppy
  • Options
    CelticMythCelticMyth Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the stern librarian wins in Israel tonight. I think she could be a contender and Israel deserve a good result after putting so much effort in this tear,
  • Options
    dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forgot to say earlier, was in computer room, doing my programming. And a group from my class were behind me, and they were talking all things Eurovision, it was crazy!!!
  • Options
    steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    Do we have any sort of indication from Europe how its been recieved? The more I play it the more I like it and for people who's saying its dated, I don't think it is, Country/Rock is quite popular now thanks to Taylor Swift etc... so it could do better than we think, I hope so anyway but maybe I'm clutching at straws ;)

I don't think it's dated, I just think it's a crap song tbh.

I haven't heard any of the Israeli songs, is it worth tuning in or should I not waste my time? :p
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,507
    Forum Member
    Have we any indication as to what Amandine's song sounds like yet?

Is it full rock, or has she done a double-bass style twist on it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Now Kathleen's gone I wouldn't mind Judah winning tonight. His smugness is unparralleled though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What chance the singing coach standing behind Moran and rubbing her chest like he did Judah's.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That song isn't bad but the sing sounds like she's in pain with every note
  • Options
    WeeblesWobbleWeeblesWobble Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is the news on the israeli stream at the mo? :)
This discussion has been closed.