SenseiSam
    Are you Peters press agent ??? :D:D
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SenseiSam
    Are you Peters press agent ??? :D:D

You mean I could get paid for doing this? :eek:

Pete, if you're reading, PM me - I'm always open to offers :D You'll have to cut down on the gel and fake bake though and if Em says no more tattoos then you need to listen to her ;)
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Oh dear Mo Farah named as Celebrity Dad of the Year!
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And what did he ever do that makes him better than Pete eh? And why is he even a celebrity? I mean, what's 2 Olympic gold medals when you compare it to a couple of hit single back around WW2? :mad:
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    And what did he ever do that makes him better than Pete eh? And why is he even a celebrity? I mean, what's 2 Olympic gold medals when you compare it to a couple of hit single back around WW2? :mad:

I'm as outraged as you are Blondie, I'm just wondering if anything can be done regarding this injustice, there must be some way of rectifying it, I mean really, some athlete winning 2 Gold Medals for his country beating our Pete, farcical!:mad:
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just to add my :mad: and :D

I know it's a crappy award but it's nice that it's actually gone to someone of substance like Mo.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/celebrity/mo-farah-voted-celebrity-dad-of-the-year-1-2968288
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long before we get Pete coming out saying he's delighted his 'great mate' Mo won the award and then looking into the camera, pointing and going 'but I'll be getting it back next mate' and pulling that cheesy sincere face?
    Forum Member
    How long before we get Pete coming out saying he's delighted his 'great mate' Mo won the award and then looking into the camera, pointing and going 'but I'll be getting it back next mate' and pulling that cheesy sincere face?

Don't rush the poor guy, he'll need a good week or so to come to terms with the unfairness of it all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    He's always very vocal about how much he owes to the whole team for the opportunities they get for him but I think there may have been a few cracks appearing last year. Pete looked really angry when they scheduled signings in the middle of his tour rehearsals. It's interesting to see that CAN have recently started a specific music division and recruited someone with artist management experience to run it. I don't think his music career is over yet. He was starting to get some radio play for his last album and reviews were good but everything stopped after Andrew's death and they haven't released any singles from it yet which is a shame as there are some strong tracks on it. He's got some summer concerts scheduled so perhaps that will get things moving again.

Signs are looking good for 60MM and they're getting lots of local news coverage because fans turn out when they hear Pete's filming in the area so it's all good publicity for the show.

According to this http://primeretailproperty.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/property-week.pdf he's looking to expand the coffee chain with a London flagship and is 'very involved in the business'. He's also going to be launching the karate club chain with Paul and still has his GoWild deals business with Ange & Chris. Hopefully they'll be announcements about the Foundation soon - JLS showed you can raise a million pounds from a single event so if they get the Crystal Ball right he could meet his target from that alone. But they've also got a base of fundraising volunteers and some are already doing sponsored events and coffee mornings etc.

So he's got plenty going on but my concern with CAN is that their clients get spread so thinly on lots of promotions rather than focussing on their core interests but perhaps that's where the money lies. An 11 part reality series is a lot for anyone to fill though and Emily should be concentrating on her finals and the kids kept out of the public eye.

Sorry, Sensei, no matter how you spin it, none of the above - apart from 60MM - is to do with ability or marketability. All the rest of it is just PA attaching his name to things and his own business ventures, nothing whatsoever to do with talent. And more pertinently, nothing that a more credible agency could exploit. You say he has a lot going on, I say the only thing he currently has going on is 60MM. The rest is just noise. CAN is not a miracle worker, they can only work with the material they have, and on the strength of that, he is very lucky to have gotten the 60MM gig. The fact that so many of CAN's clients are so dependant on cross-promotion and random shilling of any old crap is because, quite simply, they don't have a talent or skill that can sustain a real career and are dependant upon developing a people-pleasing 'personality' (in Pete's case, a DOTY) in order to attract/maintain interest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Sorry, Sensei, no matter how you spin it, none of the above - apart from 60MM - is to do with ability or marketability. All the rest of it is just PA attaching his name to things and his own business ventures, nothing whatsoever to do with talent. And more pertinently, nothing that a more credible agency could exploit. You say he has a lot going on, I say the only thing he currently has going on is 60MM. The rest is just noise. CAN is not a miracle worker, they can only work with the material they have, and on the strength of that, he is very lucky to have gotten the 60MM gig. The fact that so many of CAN's clients are so dependant on cross-promotion and random shilling of any old crap is because, quite simply, they don't have a talent or skill that can sustain a real career and are dependant upon developing a people-pleasing 'personality' (in Pete's case, a DOTY) in order to attract/maintain interest.

You might want to describe him as having no skills, Lexi but he has a loyal fan base who are still buying his albums and paying to come to his concerts which they wouldn't continue to do if he was just a talentless one-hit wonder. Whether you like it or not he's producing something some people still want, not in sufficient numbers to be top of the charts but enough to keep going. He said in his New interview that he had some 'good work' coming up in 2014 so there may be projects other than 60MM in the pipeline.

He first got voted 'Daddy of the year' in 2008 while he was still married to Katie. It sounded like it meant a lot to him when he was awarded it again after the split but as other people have won the title for two years now you might need to find a new label for him :)
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You might want to describe him as having no skills, Lexi but he has a loyal fan base who are still buying his albums and paying to come to his concerts which they wouldn't continue to do if he was just a talentless one-hit wonder. Whether you like it or not he's producing something some people still want, not in sufficient numbers to be top of the charts but enough to keep going. He said in his New interview that he had some 'good work' coming up in 2014 so there may be projects other than 60MM in the pipeline.

He first got voted 'Daddy of the year' in 2008 while he was still married to Katie. It sounded like it meant a lot to him when he was awarded it again after the split but as other people have won the title for two years now you might need to find a new label for him :)

i don't think his critics call him DOTY because he is Dad Of The Year i think they call him DOTY as he thinks hes Dad Of The Year :D
  • ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Slaps Blondie, you have made my mascara run.:D
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The loyal fan base who go to his concerts don't buy his music...if they did, he'd have number 1's all over the place, rather than a couple a few hundred years ago. It's a strange thing, but true.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Kp has won it three times, including last year...which goes some way to help illustrate how seriously most of us take these awards.

The DOTY is because Pa seems to really think that by loving his kids he is doing something extra-ordinary. He is not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

All I'm saying is that 60MM is the first credible (I'm using the term loosely) bit of tv work and career move he's had in a long time. And if it generates more 'bonafide' tv work, based on his abilities and he drops the gag-makingly cloying DOTY image which he seems to think is so important to his 'celebrity', then that would be a definite step forward.

I think the DOTY tag has been sufficiently explained by Ella and Artless. It's ironic. :)
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

ANDRE WAS ROBBED :mad::mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ella71110 wrote: »
    i don't think his critics call him DOTY because he is Dad Of The Year i think they call him DOTY as he thinks hes Dad Of The Year :D

Just to clarify ...I use another word for D part of DOTY ..and believe me it isn't Dad :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kp has won it three times, including last year...which goes some way to help illustrate how seriously most of us take these awards.

The DOTY is because Pa seems to really think that by loving his kids he is doing something extra-ordinary. He is not.

I think we'd all agree MOTY & DOTY go to whichever celebrity has caught the public's attention for some reason and are accepted as a bit of positive PR without being taken too seriously. I doubt that Pete on a personal level thinks he's doing anything 'extra-ordinary' by loving his children. CAN have undoubtedly emphasised the single dad angle in the shows to encourage people to connect and sympathise with him and I agree with Lexi that it can be far too cloying. It will be a big step forward when it's not the first aspect associated with him.

With his music, he's not topping the charts but he's not flopping either. 'The Voice' winner Leanne sold less than 500 copies of her debut album in the first week, Pete's last album sold 125,000.
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh the humanity!!!
    I think we should demand a recount immediately - I can honestly say that I have never,ever heard Mo mention how much he loves his kids, and I'm absolutely certain that I wouldn't recognise any of them if I was shown a photo.:mad:
    Poor PA.
    It's just adding insult to injury for this to come to light the day before Peter Andre day.

@Sensei - I'm not doubting you, but are you absolutely sure that PA's last album sold 125,000 copies?
    I'm just finding it hard to get my head around the fact that it seems like such a lot.:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @Sensei - I'm not doubting you, but are you absolutely sure that PA's last album sold 125,000 copies?
    I'm just finding it hard to get my head around the fact that it seems like such a lot.:confused:

This review of his current album http://www.stirringtroubleinternationally.com/2012/10/21/new-albums-from-peter-andre-and-the-moons/ gave the figure of 125K for Accelerate. I don't think any figures are available for Angels & Demons yet.

This http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Andre_discography gives the certifications for his other albums and the sales thresholds are:
    silver = 60,000
    gold = 100,000
    platinum = 300,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This review of his current album http://www.stirringtroubleinternationally.com/2012/10/21/new-albums-from-peter-andre-and-the-moons/ gave the figure of 125K for Accelerate. I don't think any figures are available for Angels & Demons yet.

This http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Andre_discography gives the certifications for his other albums and the sales thresholds are:
    silver = 60,000
    gold = 100,000
    platinum = 300,000

From the speed the album dropped from the charts I'd be suprised if it sold over 100k..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we'd all agree MOTY & DOTY go to whichever celebrity has caught the public's attention for some reason and are accepted as a bit of positive PR without being taken too seriously. I doubt that Pete on a personal level thinks he's doing anything 'extra-ordinary' by loving his children. CAN have undoubtedly emphasised the single dad angle in the shows to encourage people to connect and sympathise with him and I agree with Lexi that it can be far too cloying. It will be a big step forward when it's not the first aspect associated with him.

With his music, he's not topping the charts but he's not flopping either. 'The Voice' winner Leanne sold less than 500 copies of her debut album in the first week, Pete's last album sold 125,000.

Yet it didn't trouble the charts - which is what he wants. By his own standards, it is a flop.

Ultimately, unless you are a fan of his - and many fans of his are not fans of his music, you would only associate him with Mysterious Girl and possibly Insania.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ian Hyland ‏@HylandIan 57s

Peter Andre only came third in Celebrity Dad Of The Year 2013. THIRD! Don't these morons realise how much he #loveshiskids?
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ANDRE WAS ROBBED :mad::mad:
    :mad: So unfair:mad:

And Her Maj ignored him in the Birthday honours list. No OBE, CBE, Knighthood... Nothing!! After riding his bike without stablisers and spending at least a week without hair gel, I can't believe Andre has been passed over again for services to... to... um... :o

Anyway I say we create the DBE for him. Dad of the British Empire. It's no less than Pete deserves!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    :mad: So unfair:mad:

And Her Maj ignored him in the Birthday honours list. No OBE, CBE, Knighthood... Nothing!! After riding his bike without stablisers and spending at least a week without hair gel, I can't believe Andre has been passed over again for services to... to... um... :o

Anyway I say we create the DBE for him. Dad of the British Empire. It's no less than Pete deserves!

He should be made saint for going without hair gel for a whole WEEK..this man is making massive sacrifices for others ...
    From now on I will call him Andre DBE :)
This discussion has been closed.