Emmerdale: What a farce

silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
Forum Member
What a farce today with Eric driving off with the hearse. It wasn't funny it was just cringe making. .... and to think some viewers rate ED as good, if not better, than Eastenders. There's no comparison, IMO.:D

Comments

• 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair EE have a plot based on someone's ashes being swapped with custard powder! :D
  • craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was more than made up for by his breakdown to Diane. I was personally shocked and actually quite impressed that Eric made such a bold move.
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    silversox wrote: »
    What a farce today with Eric driving off with the hearse. It wasn't funny it was just cringe making. .... and to think some viewers rate ED as good, if not better, than Eastenders. There's no comparison, IMO.:D

The episode was about the funeral of Val who was an outlandish over the top character. It was perfect and why bring Eastenders into it?
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    silversox wrote: »

A deliberate attempt at soap wars no 1,000,000

0/10 :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Emmerdale are FANTASTIC at doing funerals. I cry at almost every one! Even bloody Hilary Potts!
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That has to be the greatest soap funeral EVER. What an episode!
  • Redhead69Redhead69 Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt like the way he spoke to David. I know, grief and all that, but he was mean to David. No need for it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    craig_25 wrote: »
    I think Emmerdale are FANTASTIC at doing funerals. I cry at almost every one! Even bloody Hilary Potts!

Agreed. Although Viv deserved so much better >:(:(
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed. Although Viv deserved so much better >:(:(

The actress was treated rather shabbily.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    The actress was treated rather shabbily.:(

Ah yeah I wasn't a viewer back then, but have heard that she was treated appallingly
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a brilliant episode.

You can't really compare last nights EE and tonights ED due to the subjects being different but both got the emotions across perfectly and thats what makes a good episode in my eyes.

both were heartbreaking in their own ways
  • babeloguebabelogue Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would have been good if Val's coffin flew out the back of the hearse while Eric was driving away, smashed into 50 pieces and Val went bouncing down the hill.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    The episode was about the funeral of Val who was an outlandish over the top character. It was perfect and why bring Eastenders into it?

Agreed, I loved it and Val would have loved it too. The perfect mix of comedy, pathos and bathos. I was lol-ing and crying all at the same time in parts. Well done ED. :)
  • GoinGagaGoinGaga Posts: 3,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just glad the whole Val saga is over. OTT funeral for an OTT character. I know many loved her for it - I'm just not one of them :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    babelogue wrote: »
    It would have been good if Val's coffin flew out the back of the hearse while Eric was driving away, smashed into 50 pieces and Val went bouncing down the hill.

:D:D:D
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed it. Poor Eric though
  • kaiserbeekaiserbee Posts: 4,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was outrageous, fabulous, sad and funny. And I just love a complete hour ininterupted (ignoring the ads).

If some prefer the other soaps so be it.

Each to their own.
  • kaiserbeekaiserbee Posts: 4,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would have been nice to have seen Finn get a response from one of the sailors though :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    kaiserbee wrote: »
    Would have been nice to have seen Finn get a response from one of the sailors though :cool:

:D:D:D
  • MaisieMooMooMaisieMooMoo Posts: 1,536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Agreed, I loved it and Val would have loved it too. The perfect mix of comedy, pathos and bathos. I was lol-ing and crying all at the same time in parts. Well done ED. :)

I totally agree, it was brilliant. It was the perfect send off for the brilliantly flamboyant Val... I loved the way Val's music was still playing in the background, despite Eric making off with the herse... And Bat out of Hell was so much better than Candle in the Wind, Val would have loved it!
    Eric in the field was so touching, it made me feel sorry for him, as up till then, he had really annoyed me with him blaming Diane for everything. I loved this episode, it was definitely emmerdale at its best, for to me, it had everything.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The meatloaf stuff was genius :D
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,494
    Administrator
    This thread has been closed as it is no constructive.
This discussion has been closed.