EE - boooooring

silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
Forum Member
After the brilliant episodes over the past few days about poor Shabnam's baby, EE has once again reverted to boring storylines about Shirl, Mick, Babe and wotsername's old man's ashes. Talk about dragging it out ....... :(

Comments

• Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed it tonight. Loved the Shirley and Mick stuff
  • Danny_FrancisDanny_Francis Posts: 5,656
    Forum Member
    Just one episode, though I've enjoyed Enders of late
  • storyofmylifestoryofmylife Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was engaging, it's different from the usual storylines on the Square plus Shirley hasn't appeared as much as I'd like her to so it was nice to watch.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a good episode, better than last night. It's about time that Mick and Shirley made up. Now the Carters can get back to being a family.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    I thought it was a good episode, better than last night. It's about time that Mick and Shirley made up. Now the Carters can get back to being a family.

Agree
  • storyofmylifestoryofmylife Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly. I know some posters have said that Mick shouldn't make up with Shirley as she believes Dean is innocent but Dean has been cleared in the eyes of the law and at the moment means he isn't found guilty. And secondly, Stan wouldn't want them to be fighting and resenting each other so it's about time that they patched things up for him.
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed the Mick, Shirley, Babe and Tina scenes.
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was good. i like it when they go off set.
  • srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I liked it, apart from Shirley's despicable behaviour apparently being forgiven and forgotten.
  • eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it too. The Mick, Tina, and Shirley scenes were very touching, especially when they were saying good-bye to Stan at the beach.

I know several people don't like it, but I think the Lee storyline is being done very, very well so far. It makes sense that this would happen to at least one of the Carters after the year they've had, and I'm glad we're seeing Lee developed a bit more. My guess is that along with depression Lee may also be developing an anxiety disorder; the two often go together. Danny-Boy Hatchard is doing a good job portraying someone who does not feel himself, doesn't understand what is happening to him, and is feeling guilty and awful for not being able to cope.

I'm also glad we get to see more of Whitney in the process. She and Lee obviously care for each other very much, and I like them as a couple. Good move putting them together, and I'm glad this storyline is happening.
  • soapmadsoapmad Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't like the Carters that in the the past.. but of late I have liked them in the scenes that have been shown, just because we have not seen then all the time .

I think they work better that way .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some great acting tonight
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And once again a Carter bashing thread. Roll eyes. It was relief not watching Shabnam and Kush cry over their dead baby. After a while it got way too depressing to watch.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly. I know some posters have said that Mick shouldn't make up with Shirley as she believes Dean is innocent but Dean has been cleared in the eyes of the law and at the moment means he isn't found guilty. And secondly, Stan wouldn't want them to be fighting and resenting each other so it's about time that they patched things up for him.

As long as Dean is on the square and there will be no happy families, until a resolution is brought and Dean is found out, I can't see how they can move forward as Mother and Son, the whole rape story pretty much been swept under the carpet and Linda been reduced as extra, poor poor handling, how easily Mick can forgive the woman who abused, harassed and accused his wife of lying, pretty sick.
  • eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got to say that after tonight I can't help feeling sorry for Babe. She had dreams of having her own family, had an unrequited passion for Stan that lasted decades, and was apparently looked upon as dull and ugly next to her sister. Babe never found a man who returned her affections, she didn't have the children she wanted, Stan loathed her, and she wound up cleaning up a lot of family messes while Sylvie followed her heart. That doesn't excuse all of the manipulating Babe has done over the years, but I can understand why she became so bitter. Life really hasn't been very kind to her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Harlowe wrote: »
    As long as Dean is on the square and there will be no happy families, until a resolution is brought and Dean is found out, I can't see how they can move forward as Mother and Son, the whole rape story pretty much been swept under the carpet and Linda been reduced as extra, poor poor handling, how easily Mick can forgive the woman who abused, harassed and accused his wife of lying, pretty sick.

Agreed, Shirleys treatment of Linda was absolutely revolting!
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Harlowe wrote: »

Yet Linda has already forgiven her and admitted she'd have been exactly the same if it was one of her sons. It is Mick that has struggled and probably still will at times. It's not as if Shirley committed the crime, she just understandably believed that Linda was a cheat and a liar. But then we've had this discussion many times I think;-)
    I don't see any reason why Shirley should continue to be punished, Mick's made his point. He doesn't have to speak to Dean but it was nice to see him being civil to his mum. People in families do get forgiven for shooting their mouths off when they're angry.
  • paxton7paxton7 Posts: 1,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the episode was a lot better than yesterdays and brought a nice change of pace. The Shabnam and Kush story has been well acted but a whole week of them crying would just be too heavy going and not what I'd want to see.

Mick, Shirley and Tina have always worked well as a trio.
  • noodkleopatranoodkleopatra Posts: 12,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the episodes were excellent. Got a wee bit teary throughout Friday's episode - especially at the end when Mick called Shirley "mum".

Great week of episodes, in my opinion.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apart from all the Lee stuff I thought it was an excellent episode.
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just don't find the Carters interesting, I really don't get what's so fascinating about them. The scenes with Shirley, Tina and Mick talking about Stan and 'the good old days' was like watching paint dry. Why should I care about this? They are honestly the most boring, overrated family currently in the show.

And anyway, they can never move on while Dean is still there.
  • EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yet Linda has already forgiven her and admitted she'd have been exactly the same if it was one of her sons. It is Mick that has struggled and probably still will at times. It's not as if Shirley committed the crime, she just understandably believed that Linda was a cheat and a liar. But then we've had this discussion many times I think;-)
    I don't see any reason why Shirley should continue to be punished, Mick's made his point. He doesn't have to speak to Dean but it was nice to see him being civil to his mum. People in families do get forgiven for shooting their mouths off when they're angry.

I agree. If Lee committed rape then Linda would believe he didn't do it.
  • EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »
    I just don't find the Carters interesting, I really don't get what's so fascinating about them. The scenes with Shirley, Tina and Mick talking about Stan and 'the good old days' was like watching paint dry. Why should I care about this? They are honestly the most boring, overrated family currently in the show.

And anyway, they can never move on while Dean is still there.

If you were EP what good storylines would you give to the Carters?
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you were EP what good storylines would you give to the Carters?

An exit storyline.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found my self wandering off to do other things during last nights Carters, as annoying as Shirley is if she has something decent I could enjoy watching her.