Daybreak - Today

124»

Comments

• Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    Your bitterness is really unbelievable. Of course she will continue to work in tv.
    really? with her track record?

Would you hire her to front a show?

This opinion may I remind readers is based on Dancing on Ice failing, something I have said I dont think will happen.
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    happy tv wrote: »
    You definitely have the knives out for her anyway. I can see you there rubbing your hands with glee waiting for the ratings after the first show. If anything, the ratings come down to the guest line up and the skating. Also I watched the movie awards and thought she was quite good. She came across completely different to how she does on Daybreak. I think she was always used of playing the side kick female on the one show and this continued onto Daybreak. It is kind of like 'knowing your place'. I also think it comes down to Adrians personality, he seems nice but quite dominant. Kate Garraway probably worked better with him as she acted more as an equal. I don't like Kate partcularly but she does have years more experience on Breakfast television to Christine.

POT, KETTLE springs to mind, the woman that goes around the forum, slagging Alex Jones and Kate Garraway off in a misguided attempt to boost Christine 'Anthea Turner 2011' Bleakley.
    I think she was always used of playing the side kick female on the one show and this continued onto Daybreak.

It's a good thing so that she will be the main presenter on Dancing on Ice, Oh wait! She's going to be doing Pip's leftovers.
    Also I watched the movie awards and thought she was quite good. .

It's nice to find one of the 2 viewers that watched the tv flop of the year:D
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Your bitterness is really unbelievable. Of course she will continue to work in tv.

Up until last week you said her and Adrian would be staying at Daybreak and that it was doing fine:eek:
    You're getting more and more deluded by the day.
    Numerous presenters have moved successfully to ITV going back as far as Eamonn Andrews. Lately Dermot O'Leary and Philip Schofield.

Newsflash! Both Philip and Dermot were freelancers and had no exclusive BBC Contract unlike Parky, DES Lynam, M&W, Trinny and Susannah etc.

Actually the only job Philip had left at the BBC before he started at This Morning and well before DOI was as Anne Robinson's sidekick on Test the nation[1/2 days work a YEAR] as the NL Winning Lines had already been axed.

So that leaves Eamonn Andrews.............:D
  • Options
    miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Note to Chris Hollins and other rising BBC stars, don't go commercial. Stay where the grass is greener...at the BBC.
  • Options
    Sapphire SunSapphire Sun Posts: 328
    Forum Member

Are you a Christine/ITV apologist by any chance?:D

Seriously her career is FUBAR'D, the BBC will not allow her to return,SKY won't take damaged goods neither will CH4/5 so her future in tv presenting may consist of stints on the tits & text channels.:D
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,014
    Forum Member
    Isn't there a danger the glow from her fake tan will melt the ice?
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would Eammon Holmes really leave Sky News?

http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/new-daybreak-presenters-who-might-get-the-job.html

Jonathan Ross probarly would be good, but he wouldn't like to get up in the mornings.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steady the ship this morning John Stapleton in for Adrian. John is part of the furniture, which it should stayed like.
  • Options
    eliza2355eliza2355 Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    I was just thinking the same. How much better Daybreak is with John Stapleton
    Hes so much more professional and likeable in the morning and actually CB works quite well with him, He must be be-mused with the whole thing
    I used ti like him best when he was with Penny Smith----Those were the days!!!!
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Would Eammon Holmes really leave Sky News?

http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/new-daybreak-presenters-who-might-get-the-job.html

Jonathan Ross probarly would be good, but he wouldn't like to get up in the mornings.

Holmes will go anywhere for money. When he left GMTV because they refused to give him a pay rise he said

1. He would never do a Breakfast show again
    2. He would never work with his partner

Sky Sunrise ?
    This Morning ?

There might be the small detail of his contract with Sky as they usually hold people to their contracts
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone likes John Stapleton cause he appeals to the auidence.Its like certain presenters on Radio 2 like Richard allinson appeals to listeners.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    happy tvhappy tv Posts: 1,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV confirmed that the two will step down at the end of the year.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a352966/christine-bleakley-adrian-chiles-daybreak-exits-confirmed.html

Eamonn Holmes will not be joining.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a352715/eamonn-holmes-ends-daybreak-speculation-signs-new-sky-news-deal.html

Sian Williams maybe joining? Would she be a good link up with Johnny Vaughan?

When will the relaunch be? I presume they are going to change the content and format, otherwise it is more of the same
    [
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    If Kate goes from Daybreak they will loose a good 10000 viewers have you not seen the daybreak viewback? Kate and Dan have been anchoring every Friday since September
  • Options
    oh viennaoh vienna Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she will continue to work in tv.

What a shame. :(

Very annoyed that she will be co-hosting Dancing On Ice next year. I'll miss Holly and I don't think Christine is the right replacement at all.
  • Options
    xxTinkerbellexxxxTinkerbellexx Posts: 4,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh vienna wrote: »

Very annoyed that she will be co-hosting Dancing On Ice next year. I'll miss Holly and I don't think Christine is the right replacement at all.

I can't stand the gurning buffoon. Very annoyed she will be co-presenting DOI. Doubt i'll be watching.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you a Christine/ITV apologist by any chance?:D

Seriously her career is FUBAR'D, the BBC will not allow her to return,SKY won't take damaged goods neither will CH4/5 so her future in tv presenting may consist of stints on the tits & text channels.:D

What a lovely individual you are.
  • Options
    OK Then!!!OK Then!!! Posts: 4,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right decision for Christine and Adrian to go. I think the format needs a revamp and would like new and fresh faces on the show rather than people like Sian or Natasha who have done brekkie tele before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvworld101 wrote: »
    If Kate goes from Daybreak they will loose a good 10000 viewers have you not seen the daybreak viewback? Kate and Dan have been anchoring every Friday since September

They have lost alot of viewers anyway. I think they are going to try now for a different audience. 10,000 won't matter here or there. TBH, the format of the show and the content as is it is now is poor anyway. 10,000 will matter very little in the bigger picture.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh vienna wrote: »

I like Holly, but actually can't remember her saying one word on the show only standing there smiling in a revealing dress so I don't think it will be a hard job for any woman to follow. Its not like it needs to much effort really. Have to say though, looking forward to the voice and seeing how well Holly will be on a bigger stage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK Then!!! wrote: »
    Right decision for Christine and Adrian to go. I think the format needs a revamp and would like new and fresh faces on the show rather than people like Sian or Natasha who have done brekkie tele before.

ITV should go back to the orignal format. News hour etc. People liked Penny and John. Penny may not return, but John and?.. I think Johnny Vaughan still is in the frame. The format need the same presenters on the sofa all the time except hols of course, viewers get confused - sick of change and easly bored
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Christine is only doing one edition of Text Santa on December 11 for ITV. The finale on Christmas Eve will be fronted by Ant and Dec and Holly Willoughby.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose she be at the Boxing Day match and few more with having not to get up earlier come end of December. Maybe Adrian and her will share a plane if he presents a match Lampard is playing? I wonder if she be joining Lampard during next years Euros or no wags will be allowed?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose she be at the Boxing Day match and few more with having not to get up earlier come end of December. Maybe Adrian and her will share a plane if he presents a match Lampard is playing? I wonder if she be joining Lampard during next years Euros or no wags will be allowed?

You seem to be assuming Lampard will be playing. Capello said recently WAGS would be allowed on selective days but they will not be in the same hotel as the players.