Comments

• Val_BeamVal_Beam Posts: 3,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • flyingvflyingv Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tommytiger wrote: »
    Vanity and also greedy dentists. Some dentists will often agree to a veneer procedure when in a lot of cases a basic bleach whitening of the teeth is all that's needed.

Always get a second opinion when doing anything cosmetic with your teeth.
    Very true. Especially in the US where I can imagine there are lots of unscrupulous, greedy dentists only too willing to tap into the insecurities and vanity of their patients...

My friend had the invisalign braces and their teeth whitened even though they already had straight, white teeth. I think with him though it's purely vanity. He has recently started dying his hair as well :eek: Like I said, sad.
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Aren't there are a couple of women in TOWIE who look like they are permanently wearing boxers gum shields because of the strangly even and artificially bright white teeth they have had "installed"?

And poor old Billie Piper couldn't manage her "Rose" accent when she returned to Doctor Who with her new gnashers.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flyingv wrote: »
    Unfortunately it's not just celebs that do this to themselves. I know someone who has an American friend who looks ridiculous. She has a face full of botox and teeth so big and white Jaws would be scared of her. That's what vanity does to you sadly.

Oh yeah, I realise that some people who are well off will probably get this done as well. I was just on about celebrities that get this done.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tommytiger wrote: »
    Vanity and also greedy dentists. Some dentists will often agree to a veneer procedure when in a lot of cases a basic bleach whitening of the teeth is all that's needed.

Always get a second opinion when doing anything cosmetic with your teeth.
    You have to remember this doesn't sit within the realms of healthcare nor NHS dentistry but rather cosmetic treatment and if those vain enough to have these unnecessary treatments are turned down by one (ethical?) practitioner, they'll just find another willing to cave in. Pretty sure Rylan went in to his screeching 'as outrageous as possible please'.:sleep:
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I genuinely think some people forget teeth are living growing things. It's crazy when perfectly healthy teeth are filed into little stubs to support the fake teeth. Similar to crowns, it's not long before tiny hidden gaps can appear around the outside edge of the veneers, where food/sugar gets trapped beneath and the decay eats away at the remaining little stubs. With no teeth to speak of to fill or repair, they have to come out!!
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I genuinely think some people forget teeth are living growing things. It's crazy when perfectly healthy teeth are filed into little stubs to support the fake teeth. Similar to crowns, it's not long before tiny hidden gaps can appear around the outside edge of the veneers, where food/sugar gets trapped beneath and the decay eats away at the remaining little stubs. With no teeth to speak of to fill or repair, they have to come out!!

OMG Nesta is this true? I had no idea.
  • tommytigertommytiger Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    You have to remember this doesn't sit within the realms of healthcare nor NHS dentistry but rather cosmetic treatment and if those vain enough to have these unnecessary treatments are turned down by one (ethical?) practitioner, they'll just find another willing to cave in. Pretty sure Rylan went in to his screeching 'as outrageous as possible please'.:sleep:

I think you're right, sadly.
  • tommytigertommytiger Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »

Gosh yes, having veneers is worse than your own teeth for upkeep and keeping them clean.
  • rammsteinqueenrammsteinqueen Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »
    I meant the general shape and size of them, if straightened and cleaned up they would've been fine. She only really had one bad tooth, she wasn't exactly in the same league as Tulisa. Cheryl's always just seem to be a huge improvement because the end result was very good and natural looking, because the new teeth were clearly modelled on the original ones, and thats the massive error that many make.

Yes I agree. Her two front teeth are nice but the ones either side let her down and she definitely made the right decision by just having a few vaneers and not the whole lot. Whoever did her teeth did a great job because they do look very natural and huge improvement :)
  • rammsteinqueenrammsteinqueen Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I agree. Her two front teeth are nice but the ones either side let her down and she definitely made the right decision by just having a few vaneers and not the whole lot. Whoever did her teeth did a great job because they do look very natural and huge improvement :)

A good before and after shot here.. along with a few others.

http://celebrities.ninemsn.com.au/slideshow_ajax.aspx?sectionid=8847&sectionname=slideshowajax&subsectionid=204154&subsectionname=listerine
  • Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member

The only lasting way is implants right into the jawbone painful but great results.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think most veneers and the Hollywood style teeth look ridiculous. Give me real teeth which add a bit of character to a person any day. Unless we're talking Jeremy Kyle guests...they are the only sort of people who's teeth would actually look better done cosmetically.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aren't there are a couple of women in TOWIE who look like they are permanently wearing boxers gum shields because of the strangly even and artificially bright white teeth they have had "installed"?

And poor old Billie Piper couldn't manage her "Rose" accent when she returned to Doctor Who with her new gnashers.

I remember that. She could barely speak properly anymore they were so invasive in her gob. There must have been lots of crack addled dentists on that alternate universe! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember ronan keating getting his teeth done years ago. His were awful ...... Little pointy fangs.

Dale Winton also has some big glistening white gnashers.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MRS W wrote: »
    He reminds me of Bingo from The Banana Splits :eek:

:D:D:D :o
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jimmy Carr also looks ridiculous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did James Arthur get his teeth fixed?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did James Arthur get his teeth fixed?

I don't know, but it's a shame he can't fix his odious personality.
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Rylan, he certainly knew quickly they were a mistake, he said apparently his mum went ballistic! Actually towards the end of his time on CBB recently, it did look like he might have had them slightly modified, both in colour and size and glow!
  • Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loretta Swit has long sported a piano mouth...
  • Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Martine McCutcheon - a prime example of veneers that look like dentures. Joey Essex popped up on Celebrity Juice last week and his veneers are even worse than Martine's. Huuuuge mouth-fillers and blindingly white.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loretta Swit has long sported a piano mouth...

After searching for her through Google images, I'd say her teeth are definitely too white as well. They don't look stupid, but they do look unnaturally white though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To look authentic, veneers should look dull/pale white. A lot of the veneers celebrities have these days are too white. They might not be bothered about them looking authentic though, but just want the pureness look you get from them being white.
  • Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    To look authentic, veneers should look dull/pale white. A lot of the veneers celebrities have these days are too white. They might not be bothered about them looking authentic though, but just want the pureness look you get from them being white.

As a dental nurse, the guy I work for always advises people not to have their dentures/veneers too white. Lightest yellow or a even a bit grey is the way to go if you want them to look natural.