Options

Netflix Orders Four Original Marvel Series

Comments

• Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    varsas wrote: »
    I've only really seen her in Breaking Bad so this will be interesting.

I like her in Don't Trust The Bitch In Apt 23. She's an interesting choice for the role.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind Krysten Ritter but she wouldn't be my first choice. She IS an interesting choice so the execs must have faith in her. I've always seen her more as a comedic actress despite starring in Breaking Bad.

Apparently it was between her and Teresa Palmer.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    It's nice though in 2015 we'll have Jessica Jones, Agent Carter and though it's DC, Supergirl as well.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Don't forget Daredevil as well on Netflix in May before Jessica Jones at the end of 2015!

Im a DC fan but I'm not looking forward to Supergirl at all as it seems like the worst idea for a TV show
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dexter producer and Twlight writer Melissa Rosenberg will be the show runner on AKA Jessica Jones
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Marvel have confirmed that Mike Colter will be playing Luke Cage in AKA Jessica Jones which is due to premiere on Netflix in late 2015 before the Luke Cage series appears on Netflix in 2016!
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    Marvel have confirmed that Mike Colter will be playing Luke Cage in AKA Jessica Jones which is due to premiere on Netflix in late 2015 before the Luke Cage series appears on Netflix in 2016!

He's been very good in The Good Wife whenever he's appeared as a guest star. Right choice imo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Netflix will launch Daredevil on Friday April 10th globally
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Netflix have confirmed that these Marvel TV shows will have multiple seasons if they are successful and that does also include The Defenders

However it has been reported that AKA Jessica Jones might not be shown on Netflix until early 2016
  • Options
    Forum Member
    David Tennant is going to be in Marvel AKA Jessica Jones on Netflix as a bad guy called Kilgrave
  • Options
    Forum Member
    More casting for AKA Jessica Jones as Rachael Taylor is cast as Patrica Walker who in the comics becomes Hellcat
  • Options
    varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New trailer for Daredevil that shows a bit more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAy6NJ_D5vU
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That new Daredevil trailer does look really good and shows a lot more of the Kingpin than we have seen before!
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new Daredevil trailer was much more impressive than the first. It's still looks 'cheap', rather than 'stripped back & gritty', but I got a sense there was more going on and it got me interested.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why does it look cheap 007Fusion?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed, production wise it looks as good as any other superhero show or 'cult' drama.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah that's why I asked why he thought it looked cheap as to me it looked the same quality of any previous superhero productions
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who loved the Daredevil movie (:blush:) I'm looking forward to this show. I love Daredevil, and love his story. I think this show could be a big hit if everything is done just right. Really excited.
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting for Squirrel Girl to get some recognition
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    Why does it look cheap 007Fusion?

I was referring to the production values: lighting, clothes and aesthetics. But, like I said before, it could have been sacrificed for the sake of deliberately trying to make it appear this way.
  • Options
    wowboywowboy Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for Squirrel Girl to get some recognition

Marvel actually trademarked squirrel girl last year, for potential tv and movie appearances.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As someone who loved the Daredevil movie (:blush:) I'm looking forward to this show. I love Daredevil, and love his story. I think this show could be a big hit if everything is done just right. Really excited.

I really loved the film and still to this day never understand the hate for it.
    I thought Electra was fab as well..
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really loved the film and still to this day never understand the hate for it.
    I thought Electra was fab as well..

I loved Elektra too! I think they're both really good Marvel movies. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been years since I watched the Daredevil film and I didn't think much of it at the time. I watched Elektra much later on television and thought it was a decent enough comic-book/martial arts film.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh I enjoyed Daredevil the film a lot more than Electra but Im hoping that the Netflix Daredevil tv show is a lot better than both of those films.The trailers for the tv show seem to show that it will be a lot better than either of those films!